It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ATS isnt what it used to be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I remember one time. I read a thread long ago, about a guy who had a story...

His story did not concern on his points from ATS. His story did not consists of "Modulators" who believe his story or not.

ATS used to consists of that one person whose voice was never herd. How he could not explain his experience with anyone else, who thought he might be crazy. It was not too long ago when he felt his experience. His experience with a being not of this world. His one and only retreat. ATS.. but people denied him.

People judged with "professions", and slowly but surely this gentleman's voice was once again quiet. Now he stands in front of you. Proving his point. That no one can never be herd. No matter how loud they scream or no matter how much grammer you put in. Your voice is always silent.

ATS is best thing ever given to my life. It gives me the chance to be free. Gives me options to say what I have to say and how I want to say it. Sadness when you are being discriminated against not by the story we tell, nor by the truth we respectfully deserve, but by admission to another community.

I did not graduate from college nor did I ever complete 4 years of high school, but Im not stupid. I'm not ignorant either. If I chose a path to deny my reality, why am I still being denied my ignorance? Why must I move further to prove my point to you, why must I show evidence to my witness?

I am sure a lot feel this way, and you are not the only one. If I had once chance to share everyone MY truth, I would. You however are not worthy to hear my thoughts. It is to gran for your small mind who still searches within material and collects time.

Time is not of the essence but faith is.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by som1else]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
ATS is what "We" the members make it everyday. Also if you post a story, do expect to be questioned about it, it's human nature to do so, after all we are all here searching for the truth.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Problem is the majority of people wanting to share their truth are either delusional, attention seekers, or trolls.... or just testing out a story for a new sci fi novel they are writing.

Proof; it's whats needed. I love reading the in depth stories, and i don't troll these people, but the fact is that there are some people out there that will want to try and deter you from sharing information. And mate... can you blame them?

If i told you that I %100 percent knew that spam was made from people... would anyone want to believe that? Same with the paranormal.

Share your story if you want, but be prepared to answer some questions, and stand up for yourself.

Cherry

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by som1else
You however are not worthy to hear my thoughts. It is to gran for your small mind who still searches within material and collects time.

How am I not worthy?

Before you begin judging a whole by its various parts perhaps you should examine your own logic.

Reality only is as we perceive it, therefore everyone's reality is different. The only way to share ones reality with another is with evidence that supports that reality.

I could look up at the sky every day and see red with green clouds; but without evidence everyone elses sky remains blue, whereas I probably have a an interesting eye condition. Does that make my story false? No. Does that make it true? No.

Should people flock to my story and berate me for sharing my experience? Of course not. This is the point of course. While every voice should be heard there exists liars and hoaxers. Con-artists and misinformants out for their own gain and all caution should be practiced.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have seen an increase in 'the younger set' this year on ATS, and I see them lead into insane threads. I first thought I just don't appreciate them on here, I prefer the adult with knowledge over a teenager or someone who just turned 20, but it caught my attention that they ARE emulating games they play, movies, ect, and when they see some of the wildest claims on ATS they tend to gravitate to those threads and I realize that we, adults, on ATS have a responsiblity to help teach them to DENY IGNORANCE, these kids are open minded, ready to learn and research, seeking answers just like almost everyone on here, seeing the broad range of conspiracy here should be tempered with responsibilty, and sharing the info on ATS with the younger ones now gives me a good feeling, I like knowing that there are so many young kids wanting to know about the other side of things, not just MSM.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by som1else

Quite possibly the problem is in the way you are presenting your thoughts to the rest of us who read them.

Take this thread as an example. Quite rude in my opinion.

Are you verbally spanking us for not believing everything you have to say?

People are going to question and reply here, so maybe this isn't the place for you to be posting if your feelings are hurt so easily.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I agree with what you said here Blanca....it seems like half the time I get really intrigued by this "riddler" type, cryptic, read-between-the-lines posts, because it makes me look for some deeper meaning in what is being said---the other half of the time however, I just get annoyed and wish people would just say what they mean, in an easy to read format

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Your issue is not with the members at large.
It's with, as others have put it, the riddles and cryptic language. We've seen it before.

You aren't the first to post here in such a way. You issue is with the one-hit-wonders that put a great deal of effort into one or two posts. then leave the members hanging. It's happened quite a few times. So we're naturally suspicious.

For attention seekers, ATS is a great place. Some of the most curious people on the planet are members here. Of course a riddle will pique interest!

Personally, I see hit and run posting as a passive-aggressive way of gaining a little power over the audience.
I figure if you've got a story to tell, tell it!

You don't want to be a one-hit-wonder.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Oh so it's time for one of these again too?
Been a stellar week hasn't it?
Funny but OP you are a newer member (supposedly) and you would lead us to believe you remember a time when ATS was different?
Different how?
I read nothing in your statements that proves ATS "Deny's Ignorance" any differently from date X or whenever you are referring to.
You praise the site, then diss the site, it's the best thing in your life..but...
You have knowledge of things that we are all just not worthy of hearing.
OH PUHLEEZE.
Civility and decorum prevent me from posting my actual thoughts here..but I will say that if I had a nickel for every time I read that phrase here, I probably have enough to buy the site outright.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Civility and decorum prevent me from posting my actual thoughts here..but I will say that if I had a nickel for every time I read that phrase here, I probably have enough to buy the site outright.

Yes I think the OP should be greatful to ATS, I would not want to be on the end of AccessDenied's actual thoughts. That is how dangerous the truth can be. Be greatful to ATS OP. It may help you get over yourself, harmlessly..:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
OP, how very Plato of you. You seem to be one of the extreme view that has the brain, heart, soul and worth to know these things. way to swing us to your side

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by som1else

Carl Sagan and others have stated it before, but the old adage is: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

I am one to read some of the stories and claims made in many threads on ATS. I also do not immediately believe the claims, and yet I do not call them liars. I, too, need proof or some type of evidence to believe the claim.

One will find a large number of members here who will believe such claims without the needed evidence to back it up.

The main part is for all of us to make people feel comfortable enough to write about such experiences. I may not believe it immediately, but want the OP to share what happened so I can offer some help or support.

Most people writing about the experience actually believe it happened to them. Treating them with respect and dignity should be the number one priority when asking the questions. Calling names or stating one is lying is only going to cause confrontational messages that will not provide any answers.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think people -are- more closed minded against younger people, such as myself. But I have seen an increase in 12-14 year olds. I think perhaps people are just more angry than a few years ago, and some good members have taken leave. Less proof, more youtube. And many topics have already been covered and for some reason it's just the same political stuff over and over when there are many other things that are interesting and discussed less.

I liked the threads back from when I joined in 2006...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can sympathise with you som1else, I too feel that
things have gotten worse as I've moved along in my life.

I don't know a lot about what ATS used to be like, but I
presume like everything, it evolves.
Marion, the lady I stay with, she once told me that young
folk have lost their way because their fear of Western
religeon had dissapated.
In the past the idea of going to hell if you do anything
intentionly wrong, would usually keep the youth socially
peaceful.
When adding the thinking process of how to conduct ones
life in the 'good' and make ones way in life into the theory,
the youngster becomes a adult that falls into line of the social
order.

I don't know if above is correct, but apparently that's how it
was in the past, but then again, sin was still rife.

top topics

join