It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 horses die just before polo match

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

14 horses die just before polo match

edition.cnn.com

Fourteen thoroughbred horses dropped dead in a mysterious scene Sunday before a polo match near West Palm Beach, Florida, officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I am not sure what to make of this but it is shocking! Could it be foul play like poisoning...or did they all eat or drink something that was infected...or was there something like gas or carbon dioxide - maybe from a near by truck or something?

Given the cost of these animals I am sure a thorough investigation will be held. But just in case, lock up your pets!

Avian flu stand aside – it’s horse flu now!!

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Just read this at CNN. Man, that sure is weird. I'm just waiting for the final test results.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

I am gonna say that it is most likely poisining, maybe accidental, could have been food or water that was tainted. That is my two cents and best guess.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
All joking aside that is a very serious situation and I am very sorry for the horses, I pray it was painless and that they went fast.

I am very sorry also for the owners and I hope that this is brought to a swift and serious justice.

RIP.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'll agree it was probably poisoning, like for a insurance payout but I don't think it was intended for so many horses to be affected. But wow what a sad thing to happen, just tragic.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
well cnn just released what killed them

laser beams from space...

no sharks were involved.

poor horsey's.

but seriously it had to be poison right? like someone trying to fix the game or something...

edited grammar.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by dkman222]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It would obviously be poisoning of some type as 14 horses dying at about the same time is unheard of unless there is some kind of toxic substance influencing them. It could be deliberate or accidental poisoning related to food or water. It could also have something to do with injections the horses get. Maybe someone gave them a lethal dose of something thinking they were administering something else entirely? Lots of possibilities here. But I am not a horse expert either.

-ChriS

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Oh! Duh!
I see. Thanks! Money is more important! Of course!

But...what about the poison? Wouldnt they be able to tell?
Then they could go after the person(s) involved?
I agree, extremely tragic! How sad.
Especially to such noble and beautifull creatures!
I have heard of heart attack drugs that are used to
make it look like one. I wonder if THATS what happened
to George Carlin? Maybe they all had a heart attack
and therefore will be deemed natural causes!

The world sure is an ugly place sometimes....

[edit on 19-4-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It' up to 21 horses now. They're saying that maybe it had something to do with ingesting heavy metals, i'm guessing they mean in their water supply. They still basically have no idea what caused it though. I hope they don't lose any more.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
They're saying it was an allergic reaction to a supplement called Biodyl that all 21 horses were given. The supplement is available in France and South America, but not in the US. They said it would be rare for all 21 horses to have the same allergic reaction to the supplement so they think it was a bad batch, or may have had something in it.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The drug had high dose of seleinium in the mixture it would cause Selenium toxicity (selenium poisoning) can result in a condition called selenosis. Symptoms of selenosis include gastrointestinal upsets (nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea), hair loss, white blotchy nails, garlic breath odor, fatigue, irritability, and mild nerve damage hyperreflexia, tremor, peripheral neuropathy). Extreme cases of selenosis can result in cirrhosis of the liver (scarring of the liver that may lead to kidney failure—cirrhosis of the liver is the twelfth leading cause of death by disease in the United States), pulmonary edema (an abnormal build up of fluid in the lungs, which leads to swelling), thrombocytopenia (low blood platelets), thyroid problems, and death.

top topics

join