It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't drink the water: AP says: Tons of released drugs taint US water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I know this has been known by some for a while, but none the less shocking. They are poisoning us one drink at a time.

U.S. manufacturers, including major drugmakers, have legally released at least 271 million pounds of pharmaceuticals into waterways that often provide drinking water — contamination the federal government has consistently overlooked, according to an Associated Press investigation.

Hundreds of active pharmaceutical ingredients are used in a variety of manufacturing, including drugmaking: For example, lithium is used to make ceramics and treat bipolar disorder; nitroglycerin is a heart drug and also used in explosives; copper shows up in everything from pipes to contraceptives.

Federal and industry officials say they don't know the extent to which pharmaceuticals are released by U.S. manufacturers because no one tracks them — as drugs. But a close analysis of 20 years of federal records found that, in fact, the government unintentionally keeps data on a few, allowing a glimpse of the pharmaceuticals coming from factories.

Several big drugmakers were asked this simple question: Have you tested wastewater from your plants to find out whether any active pharmaceuticals are escaping, and if so what have you found?

No drugmaker answered directly.

Read full AP article

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Oh well that's just friggin great.

Well, it's ok, pfff who really needs to drink water!?!?!

I swear next board meeting this manufactures have, i'm just going to piss in all the drinks tell them it's lemonaid, and she just how well they like it when they complain, I will pour it out, But not wash it, then put our drinking water in it, and graciously hand it back, then add in a b**** slap.

That's just what I would do though.

Anyone can think of anything else, let me know before the next board meeting, and don't put it in the Memorandum that is going to be sent out please.

This is more of a rant.

But how the heck do we stop this!!!!!!!!!! What water can I buy bottled that doesn't have fluoride in it or anything else that might be contaminated (god I sound like the little girl on signs!) ?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Things like this makes me glad I am on a well.People ask me all the time if they can get city water, I remind them that they have their own gaurded supply.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
And lets not forget to put some of this blame upon those that take these drugs and urinate them back into the environment. We need an environmental law to force people that are taking these drugs to piss into jugs they have to take to a hazardous waste recycling center .. or at least box the stuff up and ship it back to the drug manufacturers, ha.
Gawd only knows what this stuff is doing to the humon gene pool. This could explain why so many people are totally dysfunctional these days and why so many seem to now want a nanny state to take care of them and their every damn little woe. I've read stories about this stuff causing frogs with 6 legs being born, fish with two heads being born, etc. .. and humons now with two heads, and others with tails, have been spotted. Oh well, what does it matter anyhow, what with the end of civilization as we've known it just around the corner come 2012, ha. Party on humons, the train is headed for a wreck anyhow. Go ahead, flip nature the finger and do as ye all please, ha, it really doesn't matter any more anyhow. We've already been judged guilty and the sentence has already been passed. It's just a matter of time now before the executioner asteroids arrive right on schedule.

In the mean time, I would recommend getting your drinking and cooking water only from deep aquifers and stringently filtering/purifying it.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Actually, what are you going to drink if you don't drink the water? All soft drinks, juices, milk, ect are made with water, most bottled water is tap water, spring water is not guarnteed to be free of pharms, depends where it comes from. We have a spring fed source here, the water from it gets bottled up and sold all over, but no one knows the original source from this water, it comes up out of a cave entrance into a stream, it could start anywhere ( case in point) including Atlanta (yuck water). But really, what does that leave us to drink?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Water happens to be the universal solvent and I would think that if drugs are in our drinking water, diluted amounts would likely have little effect on our bodies.

With that said, drinking tap water, unfiltered, might not be a great idea. I think aluminum content in tap water is alarming, more so than fluoride. There's been a rise in alzheimers over the past few years and I doubt it has anything to do with the baby boomer's large numbers. One thing these alzheimers patients have in common is high aluminum content in the brain.

That's enough evidence to merit a small study, at least.

-Dev

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well I am allergic to all antibiotcs, and lot of other things. I never had an allergic reaction to the water. Just the smallest amount of antibiotic will send me into shock sometimes, so I am not too worried.

I do drink bottled water though. I still cook with tap water and bathe in it.

new topics

top topics

join