It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama... Change of heart on voting for him..?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
As we see what is becoming of our nation under Obama, I have to wonder what the people who voted for him think of him now. If you knew he would praise Islam yet cover images of Jesus in speech presentations.. and if you knew that he would go to other nations and say we are the bad guys.. and if you knew that he would bow before the king of Saudi Arabia.. and if you knew he would take over businesses.. If you knew that he would ease restrictions on Cuba and make nice to Chavez and Ortag.. If you knew he would suspend the right of conscience act, and promote and legalize all forms of abortion on demand.. and if you knew he would cut the defense budget in a time of war and attempt to place medical service taxes of war veterens.. Would you still have voted for him...? Or has any of you now had a change of heart... I would like to know how you feel about him now...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Considering he is only four months into his Administration, I think this would be a fair question to pose a little further down the line... like a year or two. At that point, there will have been enough time to make a decent analysis of his policies upon this nation and the world at large.

Right now, it's just a wee bit too soon.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I thought it could be at first, but then I thought, well, he's on the fast track so maybe people think differently now.. or, maybe not. No one would have even conceived of nationwide tax revolt tea parties even a few months ago. They were filled with many people from different political persuasions. So I think it's not too soon to ask...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I wish I hadn't voted for him, but not for most of those reasons you listed, in fact alot of them just sound like pissed off republican reasons i.e. praising islam, bowing before the king of saudi arabia, making nice with chavez.

And honestly It doesnt matter wether I voted for him or not, # voting doesnt do anything anymore. He was picked to win, the way I see it I voted for the evil guy in the suit no matter who I pick.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

People have been revolting against the Tax Man for years. That's nothing new.

Tea, scones and Devonshire cream aside... You've cast a fairly wide net in your overall criticism of the current administration. Sort of a kitchen sink type thread lacking any definitive focus upon which to delve and expound upon.

That being the case, it truly is kind of early to ask such questions in earnest at this stage of the game. Don't get me wrong, they're all fair questions. It's just a little to soon.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I had to cast a wide net, because those were reasons that I find shocking because I am a conservative. I long to understand the reasons those who had voted for him may think differently now. It's not meant to attack but to understand this political wonder we find ourselves in. Should I consider that what you're telling me is that it's too early for you to decide? If so, I respect your thought on that.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Honestly, if the tables were turned and McCain or Paul were in office I'd still take the same stance. It would be unfair of me to criticize anyone this early on with out ample time for their policies and programs to take adequate effect.

Unless we did something incredibly stupid, such as electing Kinky Friedman or Ted Nugent into office, in which case it would be a sign of the Apocalypse.

But, that's just me.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I can't much disagree with you there, and I do respect your willingness to wait and see... who know what may happen. It's anyone's guess I soppose.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Considering he is only four months into his Administration, I think this would be a fair question to pose a little further down the line... like a year or two. At that point, there will have been enough time to make a decent analysis of his policies upon this nation and the world at large.

And I'm sure that's what they said about bush right?

Look how that turned out.

Get my drift?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
If you knew he would praise Islam yet cover images of Jesus in speech presentations..

Yep, praise Allah you sheeple, praise the same boss with slightly different name, lol

and if you knew that he would go to other nations and say we are the bad guys..

Didn't we say [No More Mr. Nice Guy] to the rest of the world long time ago ?

and if you knew that he would bow before the king of Saudi Arabia..

Everybody bows to the kings, they demand respect, didn't you read that in the history books ?

and if you knew he would take over businesses..

Unsuccessful/broken businesses deserve to be taken over or to be shut down...

If you knew that he would ease restrictions on Cuba and make nice to Chavez and Ortag..

Leaders of Cuba and Venezuela do not deserve it, but people of Cuba and Venezuela do

If you knew he would suspend the right of conscience act, and promote and legalize all forms of abortion on demand..

If you go to the hospital and they refuse to treat you because you have a Ron Paul bumper sticker on your car, would you understand it because doctor himself claims that it's against his moral code to treat someone he believes is a terrorist ?

and if you knew he would cut the defense budget in a time of war and attempt to place medical service taxes of war veterens..

We are not in the war because we are defending ourselves against military force of the another country, we are illegally occupying another country

Many presidents make attempts to do many things some will not like, how is this one any different ?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Did you really say praise Allah

I too will wait and see, I could not have voted for any ticket with Palin on it...

Any other vote would have been a vote for her, so....

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

he would praise Islam yet cover images of Jesus in speech presentations..

Do you have a link?

and if you knew that he would go to other nations and say we are the bad guys..

He didn't say that. If you watch the whole segment(including the parts that were cut by FOX), you can see him building up to critisize the other attending leaders.

This is called communication. By admitting that the previous administration made mistakes, he comes off as thoughtful and reasonable and as a person that other leaders can do business with. Contrast this with the bufoonery of GWB, which had the entire world in disbelief.

and if you knew that he would bow before the king of Saudi Arabia..

It would appear to me that he is a pragmatist. Why should he not bow to the man that holds all of your collective balls in his firm grip.

and if you knew he would take over businesses..

You woiuld rather that the businesses fail...So that the bankruptcy court can take them over?

If you knew that he would ease restrictions on Cuba and make nice to Chavez and Ortag..

Isn't it about time that the US and Cuba worked things out? The embargo hasn't worked, so it is time to try something else... Perhaps a little diplomacy would help.

If you knew he would suspend the right of conscience act, and promote and legalize all forms of abortion on demand..

The right of conscience act is abused on a daily basis, so that is not something I worry about.

and if you knew he would cut the defense budget in a time of war

He didn't. He actually increased the defense budget by 4 percent compared to last year.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by aaa2500]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Yes I did, who cares, lol, I kind of see them all bundled up in the same category, when it really comes to it God is God is God, it makes no difference to me, since we have democracy and separation of church and state...

I too will wait and see, I could not have voted for any ticket with Palin on it...

Exactly why I voted for Obama too. They blew it up with her, otherwise I would sit this one out like all the other elections before it.

So, here is the lesson for the next elections for Republicans, if religious nut is gonna be on the ballot I will get my lazy butt of this very comfy chair of mine and vote for the other side, again, I don't care even if dumb ass Steven Seagal is running for the Democrats

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Nope- no regrets. I respect him more for acknowledging other religions and even giving them credit: don't give a rip if he covered up a picture of Jesus; it would have been regrettable if he didn't bow to a king, it would also have been arrogant and unwise; and frankly, I still shutter to think what McCain/Palin would have done to my country.

I haven't agreed with him every step of the way and I'm sure that I will continue to question some of the things he does. But that's politics, isn't it? So no, no regrets.

[edited to remove those darn typos]

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Alora]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Not a bit of regret. There are definitely things he has done with which I strongly disagree - for example, his evident reluctance to open an honest, in depth investigation into the possible war crimes committed by the Bush administration - but I have no regrets for supporting him.

The huge vast majority of the "issues" people are oh so excited about continue to be in the class of "So what?" as in So what if he shook hands with Chavez?

Or they are in the class of "It's bloody well time" as in It's bloody well time somebody acknowledged that the US has not been behaving well in our international policies.

Or they are in the class of Republican distortion... as in promoting all forms of abortion. I believe the more accurate view is that he is opposed to abortion, as almost everybody is, but he is in favor of keeping the gov't out of the decisions of individual people, women in this case... something the Republican party claims to support, but by their actions does not so much.

Or they are in the class of total insanity... the puffing out of chests and strutting around that acompanies such claims that waterboarding (for example) isn't torture if the US does it, and that it is somehow inappropriate for other countries to have the gall to assume that the US really is bound by the international agreements into which we entered voluntarily.

No, no regrets at all.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I didn't vote for the guy to begin with. I know that he will only ruin this country and when he does the blame won't be put on me

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
No regrets whats so ever.... infact Im ready to vote him in 2012... I am trying so hard to remain on the "wait and see" bench till atleast 2 years into his administration but his done so well.... in such a short period of time. If there is anything I regret about Obama, its why he didnt run sooner

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

He has done great hasn't he. He has finally got the government with it's finger on the pulse of nearly all large private concerns. He and congress have mounted more national debt in less than 100 days in office,than all the combined administration since the beginning of this country.

He has done exactly what he set out to do. I just can't wait to see the second act!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Then again, following your assessment might be a huge bit too late! The guy is single-handedly dismantling everything that was good about America and implementing everything that is bad about Venezuela. No offense, but I fear that perhaps we don't necessarily have the luxury of sitting back and waiting to see what becomes of this guy over the next year or two. I've seen enough already!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I can't believe anyone actually voted for him in the first place.

Talk about manipulated, brainwashed, gullible sheep...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join