It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axelrod suggests 'Tea Party' movement is 'unhealthy'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Axelrod suggests 'Tea Party' movement is 'unhealthy'

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

Senior White House adviser David Axelrod on Sunday suggested the "Tea Party" movement is an "unhealthy" reaction to the tough economic climate facing the country.
Axelrod was asked on CBS's "Face the Nation" about the "spreading and very public disaffection" with the president's fiscal policies seen at the "Tea Party" rallies around the country last week.
"I think any time you have severe economic conditions there is always an element of disaffection that can mutate into something that's unhealthy," Axelrod said
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It is hard to blame people for being frustrated into some kind protest when you consider the scope of government waste combined with corporate welfare in the trillions,

. I guess it's OK to protest against and to exercise your 1st Amendment rights when it comes to illegal immigration, or pro-choice…but if you want to stand up for your own right to keep your own money without the Gov taking it, then somehow that's "displaced" or "unhealthy."

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Bejing]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If you haven't heard.

Jeanen Garofalo, (or however you spell it) has enlightened everyone, that being opposed to taxes, means you have a Neurological Disorder. Well for women and American-Africans there too, they just suffer from Stockholm Disorder.

Although one would argue, that giving more then all your money to shopaholics, and mismanaged companies, then taxing people for a greener tomorrow, in the middle of a recession. I would have to say there is definately a Neurological Disorder going on there.

I for one, never thought giving money to a failing company, that may recover with the billions but probably won't, was very "Unhealthy".

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I think the reason why they consider these tea party rallies unhealthy and a symptom of a neurological disorder is because they just don't pay their taxes, and are done with it (unless of course you get chosen to become a member of Obama's cabinet). If you know none of your money is in this total waste of Federal funding, then you have no logical reason to protest.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hypocratic left!
All we kept hearing about when Bush was Prez was that dissent is patriotic.

I guess this is no longer the case.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal, indeed it could mutate into something that is unhealthy, it's just not necessarily will.

The government is wrong, they should give no bailout since the beginning (during Bush), because when you start to bail them out, it's not gonna end just there. And if the people is still protesting when the spending is cut but the economy collapse, then it'll be the people's fault, they should ask for bailout in the first place.

However that would not ever happen, if the people never try to enforce control over earmarks and other spending and such. And when they do, they better do it themselves rather than relying on the opposing party of the current administration. But who exactly got the time and energy to do all of those things?

BTW, I do find the far right is far too more dangerous than the far left. But whether the tea parties themselves are heavily partisan to the right or not, I'm not sure.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
what the hell man name one other extreme right winger whose done anything like mcveigh? the majority of americans cant.

however how many names can we name off about left wing extremists?
acorn,code pink,bill ares,black panthers to name but a few.

to put this so a liberal can understand:

citing all right wingers like mcviegh is like sighting osama bin laden as being representative of islam.

if anything this shows how scared the left is of the right. they know they are thin ice and they are wanting to keep congress and the white house.and to the poster who hit the nail on the head did the right treat the left like how the right is being treated right now? NO. when bush was in office.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by neo67]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

Neo....check out this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The "right wing extremist" document may have been created during the Bush Administration.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo67

Touchdown...my sentiments exactly!!! You have breathed what many feel and have yet discussed!!! The far left have lost what it means to be an America, unless it deals with their agenda!

join