It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Experience? I dont know.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don’t usually post in this forum and I’m not really looking for an answer to anything, but I wanted to share something that happened to me today. I’m curious to see what people who visit this forum think might have happened – if anything at all.

Today I was house hunting with my realtor. He wanted to show me an older home that was under renovation and unoccupied. It is banked owned, so don’t really know the history of it. Upon entry of the home, I could see that it was indeed under renovation – you could smell the fresh paint and new carpet. But the home felt odd. Just not very comfy and it was not calling me to move in, like many houses do. I thought this was because it was under reno and had no furnishings in it. It was literally a blank white canvas. And it was a very bright house – lots of light.

I went down into the [fully finished] basement which looked like renovation was complete. But it just felt odd down there. Didn’t know why. Again, I attributed it to no furnishings and just the emptiness of it. But I just felt uncomfortable being down there by myself (realtor was upstairs).

Walked around the basement and entered what appeared to be a bedroom. As soon as I walked into the room the hair all over me stood up and I got goosebumps and just got this oppressive sinking feeling. Against the wall was a small bookshelf, which was odd, because the entire house was empty. Sitting on top of the bookshelf was a small framed photo of a little black girl. That was it. The room had not been renovated – meaning no new paint or flooring. It looked old and untouched. I walked over to the closet to open it and as I closed the door I saw on the door a child’s name scratched into the door. I don’t even recall the name, because I was so spooked and freaked out that I left the room and quickly went upstairs.

I am not saying this house was haunted. But I looked at a dozen houses today, some empty, some lived in. This house gave me the creeps and I have never experienced anything like this before. The best way I can describe the feelings I had was very “Blair Witch-ish”.

I asked my realtor if he knew of anything odd that happened in this house – like someone dying. He said he was unaware of anything. But something was not right with this house. Im not even sure I believe in “haunted houses”, though I believe in the supernatural (related??). But if I were to ever believe, it would be because of this experience.

Again, not really asking for any help or advice. Just wanted to share my story because it’s so fresh on my mind and so odd for something like this to happen to ME. I don't spook easily (and I was very spooked) and again, never experienced anything like this before.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
sounds like you where getting some bad vibes. i got a similar feeling when in my ex's house. a kind of heightened alertness mixed with irrational fear.

ive got the story about my experiences at that place posted up here on ats if you want to read it.

maybe if you are interested you should ask for another viewing session and take a closer look at the basement room, with a friend.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jericanman

heightened alertness mixed with irrational fear.

Yes, that is exactly how I would describe it!

I will read your story. I am tempted to ask to go back. Im sure my realtor will think im loony though. But I cant stop thinking about any of this. I think about it and get chills still.

Really. all very odd for me.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
From time to time, I'm a keynote speaker at Special Operations functions, and I speak to some of the elite of our military.

I never fail to tell them to trust their instincts: "If you ever find yourself in a situation where sight, sound, taste, and smell tell you everything is OK, yet your hair is standing up, then you better ignore the others, and pay attention to that sixth sense. It will get you through situations you would normally walk into. And the more you use it and trust it, the better you'll get at sensing things that are somehow wrong."

Your sense told you something was wrong.

I would suggest that by paying attention, you did exactly the right thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This could indicate strong astral thoughtform noticed by your
inner ego and passed through your etheric (the chills are the way
we can tactile and sense our chakras moving).. you should really
check out robert bruce and his "treatise on astral projection".

[]´s
RP

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

heightened alertness mixed with irrational fear.

I get that feeling around exes too.

Now on to possible explanations. There are theories that renovations can stir up paranormal activity as the spirits aren’t happy with the changes. Also there is a theory that some people are hypersensitive to electromagnetic fields. The house being renovated may have damaged some wires, not likely, but possible. But with nothing like this has happened before than I feel like hypersensitivity to EMF isn’t likely.

I agree that your senses will tell you when something is wrong. I have been places that I could just tell that something wasn’t right, then later people would tell me that they have had some experiences there. Going back to see if you can get the same feeling may help you decide if it was paranormal or just a goof.

top topics

join