It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Outta Yourself! (pet peeves thread)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ok, I have to say this!
What is with grown people walking around in public picking their noses? I was taught as a child that it is nasty, you get a tissue. There is nothing grosser than glancing up while your sitting in your car or wherever and seeing an adult two knuckles deep, distorting their nostril like they are mining for gold... or this one, the other day while a work, a man gets out of his car, leans forward, presses a finger onto his nostril to close it and then blows a huge clump of snot out of the other nostril...right in doorway for others to walk in....
I wanted to blow groceries!

That is one of my pet peeves...feel free to share yours!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Urgh that is gross!
Mine has to be when you hold a door open for someone and no thanks or anythin'. Bad manners or what?
Oh and when doggie walkers leave you a lovely present to step in. Cleaning shoes after that is such a treat!
I could go on but I'm not really in a rant mood today--the sun is shining!!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sighers. You know the people I mean.

People who won't blow their nose. *sniff, sniff* *snuffle, snuffle* Argh, go get a tissue! My mother-in-law is terrible about this. And no matter how many times I politely offer a tissue, she never accepts it or takes the hint.

Bad punctuation. Was half the US population absent the day they taught apostrophe usage in school?

People who don't put their headlights on in the rain. "But I can see fine!" But I can't see you, dummy!

Folks who park too close in the parking lot. I'm sorry your behemoth SUV is too big for a standard parking space, but I still need to be able to open the door to my car!

And people who touch my 6-month-old daughter without asking. "Oh, she's so cute!" Yes, she is, but do you really have to ruffle her hair or poke her nose? I don't know where those hands have been!

Wow, that's a lot of exclamation points. Sorry about that. I feel better though--good thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Good ones!! Heres more...
men that find it necessary to adjust their junk in public! Dude, thats not what I meant by get a grip!

Woman that wear clothing 3 sizes to small and actually think that a crop top is cute on them...Sorry, but tube tops are not for middle aged women that have had their butts kicked by gravity....

and one more...comb overs...man do you really think those 4 or five hairs wrapped around your head are attractive...shave that crap off already!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Little kids who bite themselves and blame you, in a small attempt at blackmail.

it's funny because their teeth are smaller than mine, but still frustrating when you try to explain to their parents that they bit themselves...

I don't like 5-7 year old kids... they're awkward and always think they're right...

Is it clear that I don't like children yet? BTW, I'm not some 40yo guy who beats children for fun, I'm 14 and avoid children at all costs...(There's another one, don't talk down to me because of my age!)

Also, designers who put tags on shirts in awkward places that are guaranteed to get itchy...

If I think of more, I shall post.

Edit for clarity.

Roswell.

[edit on 21/4/2009 by roswell1]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Pet Peeves

I can't think of any, actually. Except:
Birds outside at 5:30 am when I'm just about to go to bed lol
Water. But I shower anyway. Brave girl, I am.
Oh, and daylight....

What else....

MacDonald's
Pavement
Earth (the planet)
Umm...the universe.
Clocks
Darth Vader
Broccoli. (uncooked)

I don't think I quite understand pet peeves.
I hate it when....
.....umm...
Oh I hate the sound of people chewing! I think that one qualifies...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
When it starts to rain just as you go out and stops as soon as you arrive at your destination!

Bikers on the road who swerve about in front of cars. Lucky i'm not a driver because i would be tempted to tap there wheels or beep my horn haha!

People who think there always right simply because there older, smarter even just because there stuck up. Nobody is ALWAYS right.

People who discriminate whether its racism, ageism or sexism all of it makes me sick! Everyone should respect the elderly not laugh or mock them that really irritates me. Just because someone is a different colour too doesn't make them any less of a person in fact they may even be a better person then you, don't ever judge someone by there colour or race.
Lastly sexism, being a female with a very sexist brother i can relate to this alot. When i was growing up it was always let him do it he's stronger hes a boy or no you can't have that its for boys. Erm excuse me but who decided that and when? What idiot decided right, cars are for boys and dolls are for girls? What a load of s***. My kids will have whatever they want be classed as a gender classed toy or not!

I could go on all day but i'll stop now. :$

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Winter and how it last to long. I don't like that bloody season. I live in Ontario and Winter just last to loooong.

Every year winter seem to taunt us at the end of the season. The first day of Spring will come and we will get some nice weather, everyones happy! Then Winter comes back with some more cold weather and snow as if to say "Ha! Did you think I was gone! I'm not done with you yet!".

Then we get some more nice weather.....then Winter does it a again. "Here's some more snow & cold weather for you! Ha!".

:bnghd:

Every year I just wont Winter to end and stop cutting into Spring. I want my nice weather dang it!

[edit: typo]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
My pet peeve is when my girl friend gets trashed on tequila and chases me around the house with a knife, shouting...."I kill you!!" "I kill you!! scumbag" then I have to sleep in the van with the windows rolled up and the doors locked. Or when she starts playing with her pistol and drinking gin; And she has "that look" on her face. spooky.....

Or when she is out watering the garden, I walk by and she turns the hose one me.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Many of these are some of my own!

I hate it when people pick their nose as well, drives me nuts. It also bothers me when people dont wash their hands after the bathroom!! That one really grosses me out!
People who don't use their blinkers and people who park too close in parking lots.

Here is one with kids, parents who let their kids be totally obnoxious in public and think it's funny. It's not funny it's rude! I had a kid more than once in the store fling around boxes and open and close freezer doors, run into me more than once and the parents think they are being cute! I had a 5 year old PUSH me out of the way more than once and stepped on my foot and the mother said nothing! I said something to her and she finally said something but in a laughing manner. Grrr!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
It also bothers me when people dont wash their hands after the bathroom!! That one really grosses me out!

Yeah, that annoys me when people do that. What a way to spread your germs around. When I'm in a public washroom, when I leave I always open the door with my sleeve.

This is another of mine (I know a person who does this and it annoys me) they leave the water running when they're brushing their teeth. Why waste water when brushing your teeth? Does it get your teeth cleaner? Does it magically get rid of bad breathe?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Oh, so this is a general pet peeve thread. Forgive me for bringing in my personal life.

I hate it when people talk on their cell phone while driving, crash into another parked auto then drive away as if nothing happened.

I also hate it when people at the market don't return their carts to the cart return place. They just leave them in the parking lot where people talking on cell phones can crash into them; then drive away as if nothing happened.

and here's a little hint for those afraid of germs. Never touch money!! Paper money especially soaks up germs like a sponge. Call me to help come and take care of all that filthy money. I ain't a skeered. Or you can send the money to me directly and I can disinfect it in my specially constructed "money disinfect" machine. Better safe than sorry; I don't want any of my ats/bts friends getting sick.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Wild chickens, roosters, in particular, and the irresponsible people who "let their little darlings run free". roosters around here don't have a cheerful Kellog crow, no..... these little turds sound like they're strangling, and choose to strangle right outside our window in the wee hours.

Soooooooo, we had no choice whatsoever but to make a coconut trebuchet. We could easily kill and cook their butz, but choose to just scare them to a safe [for them] distance. Besides, we might need to dine upon said butz if TSHTF.

People who pull out in front of you short, and then slow down.

People who say "wake up!" and use it to infer that you're unaware, often when one simply disagrees. Listen son, I've been awake more years that you've been alive. geesh.

"Green" stuff that really isn't green, or capitalizes on the movement, unless one is referring to U.S. dollars made from said products. I was green before it was fashionable. It saves us about $400.00 per month. Green is good.

Litterbugs. I just hate that. Take your @#$@#%@#% garbage HOME with you, Nidiot! I think convicted litterbugs should be forced to wear wetsuits, snorkle, mask and flippers and walk by the side of the road and collect garbage and bag it. Every ton, they get to remove one silly piece of sportswear.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
When I'm running cross country or track, and someone try's to pass me.

Ohh I absolutely hate that, it makes me want to elbow them in the side.
. And I'm not even a violent person, I'm just a very competitive runner.

Though I'm pretty hypocritical about it because I love when I pass someone

Oh yeah and people who complain when I pick my nose

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ill list some...in brief

1) Arrogant drivers

2) People who think they are smarter then they actually are

3) People who dont hold doors for others

4) People who dont get up for the old/pregnant/etc on the train

5) People who they that they are the only one with problems and expect to be treated as such

6) People being cheap for no reason

7) People who stereo type (no matter how true it may seem)

8) People who blame others for their own actions

9) lazy people

just a few that immediately came to mind...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoebeflakes
Pet Peeves

I can't think of any, actually. Except:
Birds outside at 5:30 am when I'm just about to go to bed lol

Oh I hate that. There is a window right at the head of my bed. There is a bush right below that window. Some bird has decided to nest in that bush, and all night, I hear that thing going. This bird must not sleep! I too go to bed at about 5:30 am but this thing for whatever reason starts, at about 5:00 pm and doesnt stop untill long after I get up! UGH

Let me think, another pet peeve is people who smak when they chew. is it really that hard to chew with your mouth closed? Most people learn to chew with their mouth closed as a little kid but there are a few people I know who just can't figure it out...

Arrogant/rude people who think they are better than everyone else, and think that they have some god given right to be treated better than everyone else.

Anyone who is a GM car dealer, (not so much a pet peeve as it is a complaing). GMM car dealers are so rude. They try to trick/ talk you into buying additional junk you don't need, they haggle and harass you and I believe that is a big part of the reason why GM is having so much trouble selling cars and why foreign cars are doing so well here. Ever been to a Toyota dealership? No hassle, no tricks. The price is set, you pay the set price and you get the car. What an idea, making it easy to buy a car and not making it a miserable experience.

Stupid people. Not that I am a genius but there are some people who just do understand anything.... I get annoyed having to explain some really obvious things. Just the other day I ended up having to explain the difference between a Carnivore, Herbivore and a omnivore....I was explaining this to a grown woman....

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker
Winter and how it last to long. I don't like that bloody season. I live in Ontario and Winter just last to loooong.

Every year winter seem to taunt us at the end of the season. The first day of Spring will come and we will get some nice weather, everyones happy! Then Winter comes back with some more cold weather and snow as if to say "Ha! Did you think I was gone! I'm not done with you yet!".

Then we get some more nice weather.....then Winter does it a again. "Here's some more snow & cold weather for you! Ha!".

:bnghd:

Every year I just wont Winter to end and stop cutting into Spring. I want my nice weather dang it!

[edit: typo]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by The_Truth_Seeker]

Well it's nice today! finally...
TTS- ya'll know we only get two seasons..winter and BBQ.

Originally posted by Whaaa

Or when she starts playing with her pistol and drinking gin; And she has "that look" on her face. spooky.....

Buddy, don't quite know what Gin does to your girlfriend..but up here it's called "Panty- remover". Rightly so.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ok, here is another one and it is a biggie!!! (this happened to me today)

A man comes to my desk and suddenly decides to cough and he didn't cover his mouth!!! Spittle and grossness flew from his nasty mouth and onto me and my desk! Needless to say I grabbed my trusty can of lysol and commenced to spraying everything down, right in front of him! I was so mad!!!

How hard is it to cover your mouth with your hand??

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Personally ....

I hate when my velvet skinned crayfish Mr Walter Crapsnapper,
ESCAPES from his cage (Saltwater high flow purifier,Snarfitup filter, Spared no expense) and proceeds to take my car keys and hide them on me over a period of seven weeks....on and off.....for 16 years .

When he gets out of his cage he splashes the water all out so i have to have my little brother fill it up again . I cought "Tha Walster" backflipping haphazardly across the ceiling of my bedroom the other week and he seemed to be towing a small tissue box full of screaming meercats across the ways towards my open window. . . . well let me tell YOU i sorted him out straight away and the meercats now work for me in maintaining a small coffee bean plantation in my PYE-ECR32 electronic clock radio.

IT ALSO PISSES ME OFF WHEN PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO QUOTE PEOPLES ENTIRE HALF A PAGE QUOTE IN REPLY TO THE MEMBER DIRECTLY ABOVE THEM . . . ...
i mean seriously you would have to be absolutely out of your mind insane, wouldnt ya?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Holy crap . . .

I would like to apologize for that rather obscure and random pile of insanity i concocted back there . . . .

I was really really really off my tree the other night ( Or Early Morning ?)

So yeah sorry about that . . .

**Considers locking computer up while drinking, and stuff. in the future**

[edit on 28/4/2009 by Omega85]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join