It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange goings on...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Anyone got any ideas as to what is happening here?

I live in an old house (pre 1850), which is large. There are a total of four floors to the house, and each floor has been turned into a flat (or appartment).

I live on the ground floor, and there is a garden flat beneath where I live.

Sound does not travel well between the floors of this building, which is lucky for me as I like to have my music turned up just a little.

A relative lives beneath me, who is never home, and a retired couple live above, who are very quiet...

Now, here's the odd part.

I have just heard an electronic sound in the room I am presently sitting in. It was somewhat akin to the sounds heard on modern CB radio systems. A quick succession of electronic beeps.

The only electronic equipment in this room are my telephone, and computer both of which are in front of me. Nothing else in this room is capable of making a noise.

However the noise came from behind me, and was very clear. I would estimate that it came from no further than six feet away.

I have just conducted a thorough search of the room (my sitting room) and found nothing, no mobile phones, now laptops on standby, nothing... just me, the telephone and the computer. None of which have ever generated such a sound as I have just heard.

The silly thing is that I have heard odd sounds like this before in this house.

The couple that live above me say that they have heard "scratching" noises in the wall of their bedroom. Now unless the object making these noises is less than two by two inches in size nothing can get into the wall cavity. We have checked to see if there are any openings where birds could get in, and any that do exist are securely blocked off.

I do not feel that it could be ghosts, because how could they generate such a sound? I am not "out of it", and certainly not prone to flights of fancy.

So from odd sounds upstairs to stranger sounds downstairs...

Does anyone have any ideas?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Interesting, I am not sure of what it could be. But I do have a thread that covers plants and voices in my signitures called Mystery of the Forest/woods. I personally have to think that perhaps it was a mouse? That was able to get into your house somehow. I know mice can squeeze into the most craziest of places. Just my opinion, I am probbaly wrong but who knows.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Well the mouse accounts (possibly) for the scratching, but not for the electronic sounds that I sometimes hear.

Such as that I have just heard.

Suffice it to say that it isn't the most comforting of things to hear when sitting in the dark at night.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yes..mice and/or insects in between the floors of the house. Do you or your neighbors have smoke detectors? They can be frightening and annoying when the batteries are running low. They emit a low electronic beep beep that does seem to come from
nowhere and everywhere!!!
Good luck in your place!!

Peace...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

I also have another theory, its difficult to explain in typeing language..lol.. But I will do my best.

If your computer has speakers and since the radio obviously has speakers. What can happen is that the two speakers will pick up other signals and that will in turn create a static noise. This static noise can sometimes be extremely loud and other times hardly audible. But none the less that could be the issue. Again just a theory, I am probably wrong though..lol..

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
my guess is that there are probably squirrels in your walls, because they can account for the scratching, and the weird electronic noise, my mother had explained this to me, that the babies can emit a sound similar to that electronic beeping u experienced, its how they call out to their mothers

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Would it happen to sound like this?

If so, then this, in my opinion, is common with a cell phone and a computer. It has happened to me with headphones as well. It's interesting to hear it over Ventrilo when gaming with a friend and it goes off on their speakers, creating an echo.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zacaretas

Thats what I was trying to explain.lol.. that should explain it 10X better. I hate it when my damn headphones. Hopefully, this is what it is so we can help the OP.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives What can happen is that the two speakers will pick up other signals and that will in turn create a static noise. This static noise can sometimes be extremely loud and other times hardly audible. But none the less that could be the issue. Again just a theory, I am probably wrong though..lol..

Yeah my cell phone makes the computer speakers beep VERY loudly several times everytime it checks for messages (or whatever it is checking for) or right before a call comes in. It is annoying.

new topics

top topics

join