It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools call in police 100,000 times a year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Schools call in police 100,000 times a year

www.timesonline.co.uk

POLICE are called to incidents in schools about 100,000 times a year, figures disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act suggest.

The figure means police are visiting each of England’s 21,500 schools on an average of four occasions every year to investigate suspected offences.

The most common crimes reported are violent or rowdy behaviour, followed by theft and vandalism. Some forces also reported muggings and sexual offences.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I do understand the need to call in the police for felonious behavior, but for rowdy behavior? We seem to be hopeless when it comes to taking care of our own and must reach for the phone to call in authorities for rowdiness or vandalism. We traded our school house paddles for the cops to enforce rules at school.

This is from England but Im sure its a mirror image of the USA as well.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There was a cop who stayed there all day everyday at my highschool.

It just seemed like a waste of money to me because he could be out patrolling the streets.

I'm in the USA btw.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Bring back the cain lol. Seriously, teachere are practically not allowed to do anything now... Not even shout at pupils as it could have damaging implications further down the line... or the child may feel that the teacher is directly abusing them lol...

Ahhh I love this country

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
...Agree!
If the teachers are allowed to discipline the students for shouting, throwing projectiles(solid things, not just paperballs) across the class, general lack of attention, cursing the teacher on a a daily basis(like in my class), the students would get the hint and behave themselves.

A student can shout and yell at a teacher but the teacher can't even say "shut up" without the students screaming murder.

Our school has a couple full time police officers and there police cars all over the place.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by that_one_guy]

top topics

join