It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats with all this fear mongering on TV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
is it me or is there alot of fear mongering being pumped into the TV lately? its either news with like gun shootings, more deaths in the middle east. and the occasonal oh possible war with some country. also with the whole 2012 thing, i was just watchin some show on it on the history channel and there all like SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN and it wont be good. iduno how you can be so shure of your self but i personally think that nothing will happen. well to me anyway i see alot of fear being put out from most television shows and broadcasts

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, I try not to live my life, in the manner you present yourself to live.

I don't take for granted that in an allotted amount of time, nothing bad could possibly happen, I hope it doesn't but I plan on if it does.

Things are getting worse killings are going to go up, along with other despicable crimes, as a result of job loss, it does bad things.

Your future is not guarenteed, tomorrow you could die, it's a strong possibility. I've met noone in my life that could predict the future accurately.

There is fear everywhere, it is being more put on thick then previous years, besides post 9.11.01 , but it is always best to make sense out of nonsense.

News is a fear based organization, with happy stories of puppies (sometimes) Global warming fears, gets you to buy lightbulbs with mercury in it, etc etc etc. Fear is a good marketing technique. Sugar is bad for you, here is some aspartame, makes your brain grow big and strong, puts hair on your chest.

Plus with 6.7 billion people on earth, there is bound to be chaos, espically with religion, opinions, politics, greed, and biggest of all IGNORANCE.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yeah I notice too. All the shows these days are about, aliens, 2012, Nostradaumus, War, Meteors, Tsunamis, Hurricanes etc...News channels trying to fuel a division of the U.S. populace. And what's with King's on NBC? What a time too put this on. All I can say is there is going to be a lot of nervous people on Dec. 20 2012. Ratings shmatings, I believe we are being desensitized. Hide in plain sight.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
oh yea without a doubt that theres going to be bad things going on with over 6 billion on the planet, but the news has to pick out every little bit of it just to put fear into the peoples minds. i dont try and life my live around all these bad things. personally none of it effects me in anyway, im just pointing it all out.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

haha yea your right on that one. gurentee that all the supply stores will be bone dry. hell maybe even chaos in the streets. why would whoever owns these tv shows want to instill fear into the people by showing all these shows? whats kings? ive never heard of that show

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm so glad I cancelled cable 3 years ago. I hardly watch TV any more and mentally I can say I feel much more relaxed from it. Maybe I watch a bit of local news, PBS, and sports here and there but that's about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FerTheBetter

I'm sure it will be canceled soon.

New NBC show with plot straight from the Bible? Veery interesting! (read with Colonel Klink's German accent). A new TV show called Kings, on NBC, was teased with a mysterious commercial last night during prime time. (Our Administrative Assistant, Kristi, told me about it.) I just went to the website www.kings2009.com to check it out. There is a page here, too. Yes, veery interesting.

It looks like many other prime time soap operas (intrigue, power struggles, sex) but this one is set in the modern day "mythical" Royal Kingdom of Gilboa. The kingdom is at war, and young David Shepherd rises in the military to become a new national hero - one who gives hope to the people. It looks like a really cool show. But I'm also a bit nervous about it. Will it be anything close to accurate to the biblical story, or will people become even more misinformed about the Bible? I think it will be an excellent opportunity for a weekly small-group or class to talk about. No info is on the site about when the show will premier.

What do you make of the fact that it paralells the story of King David in the Bible? Is NBC really doing a whole series based on a biblical character? Will they actually tell his story even close to accurately? There is certainly a lot of soap-opera-behavior in David's biography. Remember Goliath? Remember Bathsheba? They are referenced on the web site. It looks like they have a Jonathan, too. (You can read about David in 1st & 2nd Samuel) I hope NBC will do a good job, and will mostly paralell the biblical story. Would it be a good or a bad thing if major networks start telling Bible stories in prime time? What do you think?

Source

It has a hint of NWO and a splash of one world government

Official NBC King's site

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You been livin' in a cave for the last 20 years have ya?

No but seriously this has been going on for decades, nearly ever since the television was first created and news was broadcast. It's just more apparent today because we have the internet and are able to get news from multiple outlets at the same time.

Just ignore it, you take if for what it is, every story is a small truth wrapped in a lie to get us to vote yes on something or another.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Simply put it is ratings. I also believe that more and more people are realizing that something is just not right. That conspiracy theories may have more truth in them then most would like to admit. So it's just media putting out shows they think people want to see.

If you believe in the PTB then it is just stuff to desensitize us so when they take over we wont even realize what is happening.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
haha well seein im only 17 and have only been payin attention for the past year or so i wouldt know how long its been going on for. i guess its a way to get there ratings up and to get there fat pay checks

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

sounds like a show that would make people think different about the christian/catholic religion. maybe to make them out to be people who love to go to war,kinda sounds like our govt.

new topics

top topics

join