It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing octopus UFO filmed by child in Brazil, video

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is not a repost:
Spiky UFO Brazil

Real good video, spikey ufo in brazil

Another YouTube Video - Objeto Nao Identificado

Somewhere in Brazil a grandmother was filming her grandchildren when this happened

it's a re- re- re- re- re- post, to say the very very least, but even a re-re-re-re-re post is welcome, if it adds to what has been said previously: sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Whenever we discuss a video from the internet, hosted on YouTube or on any other video sharing website/portal characterized by lossy compression, the first thing to do is to find the older version of the video, just in order to watch something close to the original footage instead of a bunch of pixels: in this case, the first internet version of the video can be found here
www.youtube.com...
uploaded on december, 2007 by queirozcomz (Shirley de Queiroz).
A good stabilized version can be found here:
www.youtube.com...
motion tracked\stabilized, grain reduction, levels adjustments, scaled 412%, time scaled from 1:40 to :18
made by spf33 (OMF)
I've read some claims about some alleged shape-shifting in the alleged UFO: yes it changes shape, because the balloon wasn't completely filled with Helium, and because a good 20% of what we can see in that version of the video is a bunch of misplaced pixels: what we see is NOT what was originally caught on camera.

Whenever you watch a video showing something which shape is complex, the first thing to do is to find the part of the video in which the shape is more clear: and it's way better to ignore all the rest than to consider it, because it's not just irrelevant but even misleading.

This one

is an enhancement i've made using a forensic tool, from a screen capture taken in the moment that the object was most clear: this is more or less the actual shape of what we see (relatively to the crappy quality of the video). It's a resample made using a bicubic algorithm, but it's reliable enough.
Its claws,

could be 12,13 or 14: and let's compare them with the balloon mentioned in the article (which may NOT be the same of the one of the video)

they could be 12, 13 or 14, not less, no more.

It could be the same balloon, it could be not, but this is not the point:
the point is that the one of balloons shaped like this one, was a TREND at the time and in that area, and this was reported by local investigators who went physically there.

The resembleance between the two is impressive: if it's not the same thing then it's something of VERY similar, but alternatively we can speculate that it's some alien spacecraft disguised as that specific type of balloon.

Another detail: the ufologist who dismissed it as balloon is Claudeir Covo:
i won't tell you about him, Google will do it in myu behalf.
All i can teel you about him is that he's not what you would call some skeptik: just google his name and you will see.
He is a SERIOUS researcher in the field of UFOlogy: www.infa.com.br...
he's the director of the National Institute of Investigations on the AeroSpacial Phenomena;
he investigated in FIRST PERSON the case and he concluded beyond a reasonable doubt that it was a balloon after doing comprehensive investigations in the area, but he even wanted to ask for the opinion of Osmar de Freitas (GEONI UFO research group), who was also a balloon maker, whom concluded it was a balloon.

When we told Shirley (the woman who took the video) that it was a balloon, she didn’t accept the conclusion.

It seems that she's not alone.

The shape is the one of those balloons, the behavior is the same, the best local researcher concluded that it was a balloon, a local manifacture confirmed that it was a balloon.

And do someone asked to himself how comes that the video does NOT show neither the moment when the object comes nor the moment when the objects goes? Battery low? Once again?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thats pretty insane. :O
I wish i new what they where saying.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

at first it looks like a hawk, then changes into a sea star, to an octopus, then ya.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There are a few of the shape shifting ufo on youtube.
This is just one of them.

The light around the object is changing not the object.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Thanks Internos for the clarification, it's important for a highly respected member of ATS to pretty much close the idea's of space ships on this one.

Even if the picture of the balloon is not exactly the same it close enough to prove that at the time there was a trend for those shapes of balloons. Add to that the fact that the object behaves EXACTLY as a balloon would and at no point shows any sort of intelligent control simply proves that in this case the most boring and mundane is the truth here, it's a balloon.

It's not amazing the woman didn't accept the conclusion, who would, she was sure she had seen an other worldy craft, the ego does not like to be bruised that it was just a bit of nylon floating.

The only reason people find this footage 'amazing' (ZZzzz) is because of the shape, if it was a more normal shape people would have said balloon instantly and that's a fact.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

Someone send this woman lot of love and appreciation.....and a tripod.

In the video shes shaking like she just ate a coffee plant, or plantation.

It could be a balloon, it didn't do anything movement wise that was very impressive.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by AlienMike]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
As a believer, I want badly to believe this one is real but it just seems too good to be true. I know and agree that Ufology videos should be more clear, and I too am waiting for that one that just screams.. HOLY FU*&ING SHI**!!! but this one.. I dont know. Not admiting or denying here. good find though, and yes. it does change shape rather nicely.. I think that just adds to the too good aspect. Still keep the eyes open mate.. kudoes and good find.
cheers

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
[edit on 26-4-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Looks like a 'drone' or weather balloon....lol

it's too fancy.................

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Very interesting video but more than likely one of the before mentioned balloons. I can't understand why people can't rest their camera down on something when filming instead of holding it in unsteady hands.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegatronX
I can't understand why people can't rest their camera down on something when filming instead of holding it in unsteady hands.

They were on the flat roof of the house, maybe there wasn't anything that could be used to steady the camera.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

It's hard to say that noise was cars or bikes. The area looked somewhat rural to me. That noise definately caught my attention, and it almost was synchronized to the movements of that UFO.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I analyzed the video a bit, and me knowing Spanish (being Spanish, living with Spanish people, >.>) roughly translated what the kids were saying, since they're speaking Portugese. The kids were obviously uber-excited, and if any one of those kids was acting, I'd go to his house, give him a few thousand dollars, and call for an Oscar to be made in his/her honor. Of course this is just per say...but you get the point; the emotion was very real. So at the very least, this is a misunderstanding. At the very most, we'll have the President eliminating bricks from his anus.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
source:
www.--.com...

A little correction about the article.
Who shot the video is probable the mother of the children in the background

From the way the kids are talking appears to be genuine. There isn't any special info from the dialogues, just the usual mother: "oh my god", "it's beautiful", "it's changing", and the kids yelling to everybody in the neighborhood "it's a ufo (disco voador)!" and pissing of the mother to let him get the camcorder

its been removed, what happened?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Aww i really wanted to see the video. It doesnt work

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Is there an alternative video? The one in the OP has been removed

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pagangoddess77

It could well be this one?

top topics