It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tons of released drugs taint US water

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yeah I'm a true blue tin foil hatter that doesn't like being fluoridated. but the norms of the world really can't argue with this one.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I thought it was just flouride but it turns out there are all kinds of drugs in my water!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
SO I dont need asprin I can just drink the tap water LOLz!

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Because of unhealthy levels of toxic run off from mining operations that are found in water locally, I've got a 5-stage filtration system installed under the kitchen sink. It's great value for money at only $35 a month and after 3 years, I own it. I can certainly taste the difference in the filtered water & am happy not to have to take empty plastic water jugs to my local Natural Grocers to be refilled. I would use the filtered water in every way possible like watering plants or topping up an aquarium.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is a failure of government to enforce water companies to properly purify the water supply. . . .

What are water companies doing with the money we pay them?
How are all these drugs getting in the water supply?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I cant believe this isnt on like every single news channel across the US! This is important and its a failure of local government. . . . . How can the people get clean drinking water without being drugged? How deep does the rabbit hole go on this?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: flybynight

...Last year, the AP reported that trace amounts of a wide range of pharmaceuticals - including antibiotics, anti-convulsants, mood stabilizers and sex hormones - have been found in American drinking water supplies.

This part is true and confirmed by studies. And it only takes a constant exposure to trace amounts to affect some people.

U.S. manufacturers, including major drugmakers, have legally released at least 271 million pounds of pharmaceuticals into waterways that often provide drinking water

But where's the evidence for this part? Some drugs are not completely metabolized by the body and they are excreted in the urine. Most US sewage treatment plants are not designed to remove chemicals like these. So they end up in the river or drinking water. Some drugs are metabolized, but they also have metabolites released in urine that can have bad effects on people.

Urine excretions are not the same as the pharma company dumping truckloads of meds in a river. Now water trickling through a landfill where meds are dumped, and the med-tainted water entering streams is more believable.

edit on 1-11-2015 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It could be recycld water so any drugs we take go back into the water! Prozac anyone?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join