It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tons of released drugs taint US water

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That's some scary stuff.

1 pound = 453,592.37 milligrams

(271,000,000 x 453,592)/500 =245,846,864,000 500mg pills?

Maybe my math is wrong, but still.. that's a lot of pills. A lot of big pills.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The pharmaceutical industry is one of those that we can seriously cut back on here in the U.S.. It really is full of frauds and bogus research. Look at this article for example, where studies were faked for the purpose of cashing in on useless prescriptions:
www.sciam.com...

[edit on 20-4-2009 by laiguana]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by miraclerock
This stuff is really disturbing. Lately I have become paranoid about everything I eat and drink. One can only image what effects we will see in 20 or 30 years from all the stuff they are putting in food and water nowadays. The people working at these companies must have absolutely no morals at all, if my boss told me to go dump some toxic waste in the river behind the plant I would tell him to stick it.

Well said!

Diet- wise, it's probably a good idea to try and grow your own food if possible, or buy local organic. Sure it sounds a little smug hippie, but this is your body we're talking about. Obviously things like dairy, meat and grains will be trickier, if not impossible, but what you can, you should. We've got a plot of land about 30' by 10', and we can grow all the fruit and veg we need for a year, plus eggs from our 4 chickens. It's not exactly easy, but so worth it. You can also make juices to avoid the nasty chems... or alcohol, whatever floats your boat!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There is chemicals in everything, not just water. They like to overdose food with M.S.G. to make it "taste good". Pretty much any food you buy at a convienience store is loaded with chemicals to make it look nice and taste good.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

EEEEEEE! Monosodium Glucosamate is crazy stuff! Like you said, it's added to things to make them more tasty, but doesn't that then become addictive? So people will only eat stuff with it in? But not really knowing, obviously..

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness
My word this is severely messed up. And the federal government has over looked this? It's 'legal'?
What really caught my eye was 'MOOD STABILIZERS' and 'SEX HORMONES'.
So the public are being exposed to these chemicals which suppress them and makes everyone more androgynous...
It might also be worth mentioning that a lot of these chemicals may also come from people taking things like prozac and contraceptive pills, which may pass through the body, and be put back into the drinking supply because the cleaning process doesn't pick them up.
It's why you don't drink the water in the Thames area in the UK, too much chems makes everyone docile and infertile.

So they can dump that in the water but If I accidentally dropped traces of MJ in the water it would be illegal because MJ is illegal but the pharma drugs are not ?

Makes no sense.

I know they didn't mention MJ I was just making a point.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Ah but of course MJ is illegal for purely stupid reasons, and if you dropped an eighth in a river, probably wouldn't do anything anyway...
The issue is these synthesised chemicals which not only pacify and neuter the population, but are also extremely damaging to the environment.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hmm, I live in one of the locales mentioned so I also wonder if this explains why I am experiencing difficulties in fishkeeping that my father never had to contend with back in the 60's and 70's despite the fact I have far superior tank equipment. The problems usually rear their ugly head after a water change. This is despite the fact that I do know what I'm doing with water changes and I use the proper chemicals to neutralize the chemicals and toxins NORMALLY accounted for by aquarists. I'm finding, for example, very stubborn bacterial infections cropping up in my fish that in my dad's day were very rare except among the most novice of fishkeepers.

Unfortunately there's no water conditioner out there that I know of that will keep my fish safe from Prozac and birth control pills and unprescribed antibiotics. One of my fish IS extremely weird and perhaps ought to remain on Prozac, anyway. He is an Oranda whose hobby is playing dead. It took the whole family and our petsitter awhile to get used to his many creative ways of portraying a dead goldfish. So now I know...little dude is on drugs. Hmm, maybe I'll have what he's having...fresh from the tap.

Seriously though, I do have a small child to consider, too, so I suppose I should look into getting an RO unit. I've thought about it before but hesitated because it seems costly in terms of initial price and maintenance. I'd thought our Brita filter would take out the worst of the stuff in the drinking water. Thanks for the notice that it does not. I do appreciate the posting of this thread. We have enough genetic crap in our family to worry about without our water supply adding to our woes. Good grief, where does this nightmare end?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I always used to enjoy MSG. It made Chinese food taste better.
But my favorite restaurant does not add MSG. I suppose, they said so, didn't they? lol. Well, the taste did change and now I enjoy it just as much as I used to.

I have read over the last few years about the drugs in our water supplies. It's scarey, that's for sure. Human technology has definitely changed our world. And as life can get better with it, it also can get worse in other aspects.

We don't really need to worry about terrorists attacking our water supplies. Our own complicit government and corporations are doing it slowly.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
OK so the question now is,..what fitlers can we really use to remove these pharmacuticals? I have a 2 stage counter top fitler set up..one is .5 micron coconut carbon filter, the other is an activated alumini fluoride filter. Thiers reverse osmosis, but that will remove 98% of everything, wastes water, and its kinda like distilled water..it will eventually leech minerals and other stuff form yuor body. Thiers distilling..but was told that can in fact, just condense other contaminants, kinda like boiling water. so what other choices are left, outside of carbon filters? I mean, for a carbon fitler being rated at .5 to 1 microns...would that be sufficient?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I have a question
here in Montreal, studies have shown insane quantities of estrogen in our waters and mood altering drugs.

How far do you think a Brita water filterer would work?

I used a Brita for years until I had my water tested and found out it wasn't doing a thing. Those filtration systems are junk and a waste of money.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
That i already did my research on,, PUR and brita are useless pretty much..
Well, lets look at it this way...at least were getting medicaiton free of charge

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The same thing is happening up here in Canada...As well as thousands of chemtrails ...The "banksters" that are controlling the "puppet president" in the USA, as well as the leaders in Canada and Mexico have an agenda. They want to enslave us all. It's happening all over the world.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Unless someone can tell them a way to dispose of their waste without it costing them a penny this wont stop.

The reason for the industrial effluvium is simple. The government does NOT enforce the laws in place to protect us. It is full of loopholes and exceptions, and when they get restricted here, they move to another country where the wealth starved elitists running their government are eager to please.

As bad as it is here in America, I suspect we'll find it is even worse elsewhere (for example India).

The funny thing is, they take distilled water (which you can still buy for now) and put in plastic containers that leech PBA's and other wonder compounds into the contents.

We ARE their garbage cans, and if it makes us sick, so much the better..., they can sell us medicine to 'help.'

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

and when they get restricted here, they move to another country where the wealth starved elitists running their government are eager to please.

It's sick isn't it? Like the coca-cola company shipping out to Brazil to exploit dirt cheap labour and then dump all of their by-products into local rivers. Some of these run black with the chemicals they use, causing severe illnesses to ecosystems and the people who rely on the rivers for food and drinking water.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't say the PUR or Brita systems are a complete waste of money--overpriced for what they do, perhaps but not a complete waste. They do get rid of the nasty tastes of chlorine and other odd tastes in tap water. That's worth something to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This is pretty horrible to think about.

Hormones, whilst not only affecting fertility, they can make you docile and easier to control (ie oestrogen-like compounds, testosterone is a dominating hormone, oestrogen is a submissive hormone, physio/psychologically). We all are aware that taking medication when not required is actually bad for you.

Check out my other thread:

Thoughts on antipsychotics

[edit on 23-4-2009 by randomnumbergenerator]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I have a question
here in Montreal, studies have shown insane quantities of estrogen in our waters and mood altering drugs.

How far do you think a Brita water filterer would work?

I used a Brita for years until I had my water tested and found out it wasn't doing a thing. Those filtration systems are junk and a waste of money.

Get a distiller. You can get a table top one for a few hundred dollars.

My theory on why a distiller is better than reverse osmosis:

A distiller takes solid particles out of the water if done properly (it might even have a screen filter also, apparently some dissolved minerals can get in to the water vapour, I don't know..), whereas reverse osmosis is just a filtration device, something can still get through, especially if it is water soluble, as many medications are.

Boiling water just kills bacteria et al. It will actually increase the concentration of harmful minerals in the water.

Some kind of light can kill bacteria in the water, either UV or O3.

You can get urn style filters that will filter absolute crap sediment and are gravity operated, good for a survival situation or in the country.

Also, apparently oestrogen like compounds can leech from some plastics.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by randomnumbergenerator]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
pharmaceutical companies are not dumping the drugs into the water system.

you are.

every time you go.

How do the drugs get into the water?

People take pills. Their bodies absorb some of the medication, but the rest of it passes through and is flushed down the toilet. The waste-water is treated before it is discharged into reservoirs, rivers or lakes. Then, some of the water is cleansed again at drinking water treatment plants and piped to consumers. But most treatments do not remove all drug residue.

Then the next town gets there water and treats it for drinking water and the drugs are still there. plus there town adds more.
www.usatoday.com...
www.ehponline.org...

Then you have those real helpful and safety minded people that dump there unused drugs down the toilet so kids will not get to them.

These drugs are being found in many towns drinking water that don't have pharmaceutical companies.

They have been found in the town i live in and the nearest pharmaceutical company is over 150 miles away down stream.

Do you work for pharma or are you just daft?

The article clearly says that the companies are dumping this crap in the water. It is plain to read.

I agree though about it getting in to the water via human waste metabolites. Thanks for the links.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wow I thought we could trust our water companies and other drug corporations!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join