It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tons of released drugs taint US water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Today's (April 19 2009) news headline
water

Tons of released drugs taint US

I have no words......

U.S. manufacturers, including major drugmakers, have legally released at least 271 million pounds of pharmaceuticals into waterways that often provide drinking water — contamination the federal government has consistently overlooked, according to an Associated Press investigation.

Please read

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Butter Cookie]

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Butter Cookie]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This has been an "On Going Scenario" for not just the pre-imminent pharmacy companies, but also for us as "Unrealized contributors" too this dilemma.

Consumers are considered the biggest contributors to the contamination. We consume drugs, then excrete what our bodies don't absorb. Other times, we flush unused drugs down toilets. The AP also found that an estimated 250 million pounds of pharmaceuticals and contaminated packaging are thrown away each year by hospitals and long-term care facilities.

When my father was still alive, we used to talk about these potentially damaging scenario's with no real definition of totality out comes of both drinkable water and the aquatic life it effects, actually, my father always thought that some of the strange [Unexplainable] things found by waters edge or living swimming life forms may very well be "Mutant anomalies with human interaction."

"Population ZERO" wouldn't even allow these contaminated ecosystems to straighten themselves out, the damage is done and the course is set, but let it be known that we as a species and also monitarily reliant, the "Big $" companies that are doing this won't stop. "Pharmaceutical Aquatic Emission's anyone?" Hint -hint....

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Thanks for posting..
I find it frightening that they openly admit this...

I text a guy friend of mine about this and his response was " Oh...What are you doing tonight?"

I couldn't believe it...No reaction at all...

People are so full of floride and other dumbing down chemicals through food and water that they don't even know it..

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
For the most part, this is a man made scenario of not crunching the "Effects" before the "Conception's" of bio waste or other "Possible" toxic "OOooPppp pSSSsss" we have left our state of affairs when it comes to the environment regardless of where, what or the whys.
Makes me sad too, our absolute existence is contributed to the basic essentials for our survival, water being the most prominent for life in any generalities.
Surprised you haven't gotten a better response? Ahh! wait a minute.. "It is not that important to our society as a whole!?!" "NOT"....

Guess we go the way of the "What can we do about it anyways." exceptance explanations.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Pharmacy is known to be one of the big polluters anyways with all the protectin groups etc etc etc and I feel ashamed that as a former drug chemist, I would have helped int hat, oh the naivety of it. Now I am a satunch herbalist, any toxins is biodegradable as it comes from plants.

Besides we can shred the cardboard etc and put it in the garden as fertilizers

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have a friend that was a pharmy as well. He has since passed away, but he understood these effects of this scenario as well.
If there was a way to "FIX" the world, we should of done it a long time ago, but we are now leaving thing's of this nature for our childrens and Grand Childrens futures to contend with.
I, for one, believe we have screwed thing'd up pretty bad, not in just this realm, but all aspects of pollution and contaminations, Air, Sea and evven our own bodies.
Still think this Thread deserves more attention for the most part. Depressing topic, but worthy of consistant conversation, for sure.

new topics

top topics

join