It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce vs. Nostradamus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As 2012 draws nearer, more and more attention is focused on predictions of Edgar Cayce and Nostradamus (as well as many others).
I have never been an avid follower of eithers predictions but have recently found myself dipping a toe into the sea of information surrounding these two extremely differently gifted prophets.

Nostradamus was a highly educated physician and a very knowledgeable astrologer. He spent much time charting the heavens and using planetary/cosmic alignments to somehow predict future events. His predictions were so vague that there was a large margin for interpretation to fulfil any prediction he made.
One that cannot be explained away is the fact that he predicted Henry II's jousting death years before it happened.

Nostradamus
www.dreamscape.com...

Cayce on the other hand was a poorly, vitrually uneducated man whose self-induced trances provided diagnosis and treatments for illnesses, as well as specific predictions. He hired a stenographer to record himself, as when he woke, he had no knowledge of what he had said.
He diagnosed his own throat condition and successfully treated it.
He also managed to suggest a way for his brothers eye-sight to be restored after a nasty accident.

Edgar
www.dreamscape.com...

This is just a quick look at the two, and if I had to vote for either one of them, I would give my vote to Edgar. I do this because in my opinion, his predictions were more specific than those of Nostradamus.
I post this because I am interested in how the rest of you perceive these prophets.
The ancient against the modern.
I also don't know a whole lot about either one of them and anything you wish to reveal would be greatly appreciated.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by bugsybond]

[edit on 19-4-2009 by bugsybond]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm getting nothing on your links Bugs. Would like to read about this Edgar guy.

I need 19 more characters.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonking76

Try again, I don't know how to do the cut and paste thing so typed them both in wrong.
It is working now, have checked...........
I am sure you will enjoy reading about him.
He died in 1945 and his children are still alive and well. In my opinion, this was one amazing guy...........

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The Nostradamus Code: World War III 2006-2012
The Nostradamus Code: World War III 2007-2012
The Nostradamus Code: World War III 2008-2012
The Nostradamus Code: World War III 2009-2012

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nostradamus has only 3 predictions to go.

The Nostradamus Code: World War III 2010-2012
The Nostradamus Code: World War III 2011-2012
The Nostradamus Code: World War III 2012-2012
The Nostradamus Code: World War III 2013-2012 (Impossible)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Sorry to seem dim, but this means nothing to me.
The links you posted either don't work or are painting Nostradamus in a negative light.
Is this what you intended to say??
Again, sorry for my ignorance.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Interesting read, I'd never heard of Edgar before reading this. Most prophets are pretty vague, and don't name names. I think this is either to increase the possibility of a correct prophecy or because this is the only manner in which prophecy works due to perspective. I tend to believe the latter.

I liked Edgar's statement of how anyone can do what he does. It seems to me when he went into his trances he was tapping into his subconcious(unconcious mind), which is, to me, the most powerful part of the human mind. Either it "knows" more, is connected to something that "knows" more, or is just more observant.

en.wikipedia.org...

"The term subconscious is used in many different contexts and has no single or precise definition. This greatly limits its significance as a meaning-bearing concept, and in consequence the word tends to be avoided in academic and scientific settings."

en.wikipedia.org...

Did no realize there was a difference between the two, but apparantly there is.

So I suppose I should use "The Unconscous Mind" from now on when describing something that is not concious.

As for which one I prefer, I couldn't say. I can say I have heard of Nostradamus before, but that doesn't really mean anything except popularity.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'll S&F for the thought. I think Edgar Cayse appeals to me more than Nostradamus but I don't see Cayse as a prophet because it was not Cayse who was making all of the declarations, it was his sub-continence in my opinion but then again I am not sure Nostradamus wasn't in a different state of mind when he was writing his quatrains. I do find it admirable that both of the men felt it was their duty help fellow man through medicine but what draws me to Cayse is mainly the Atlantis info and the Bimini road coincidence and how powerful people were using his gift evil or should I say not so courageous purposes.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonking76

I was going to mention all that but thought that if someone read through the link, they would come to the conclusion you did.
I know from what iv'e read about Edgar he was very much in control of his mind and was able to harness much of what we don't.
It was his doctors suggestion that lead him to the self-induced hypnosis and he obviously picked up on it very quickly.
Imagine being able to do a fraction of what Edgar accomplished.
His readings were used by him to better peoples lives in a very selfless way.
Rockerfella was one of the many that went to him for a reading, JFK also.
Look at how they influenced the world..................
When people started using him for predictions of big gambling events and the like, things that were inspired by greed, he became physically sick.
He quit the readings for years until his family needed his help. He then again realized he was meant to do these things for the good of mankind.
He eventually made it that his mother ask the question to avoid all the negative, selfish vibes.
He was limited to two readings a day because of the physical and mental strain it put him under.
At the end of his carreer he was doing an average of 8 a day. It proved too much for him and he eventually had a stroke which he never recovered from.
I don't know why this man has not got the same legendary status as other prophets.......................
I hope this thread will bump him up a few rungs of the ladder to notoriety................

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonking76

I liked Edgar's statement of how anyone can do what he does.
It seems to me when he went into his trances he was tapping into his subconcious(unconcious mind), which is, to me, the most powerful part of the human mind.
Either it "knows" more, is connected to something that "knows" more, or is just more observant.

[...]

As for which one I prefer, I couldn't say. I can say I have heard of Nostradamus before, but that doesn't really mean anything except popularity.

each person used a 'niche' for psychic expression.
Nostradamus mostly used intellectual mind, (accompanied with Kabbala)
along with Astrology, Tarot, Scrying, to enter that 'Realm' which gave him
access & awareness of events... (be they future or distant events, it was of no consequence...)

Cayce, a modern era man has a following at Virginia Beach, USA, the 'A.R.E.' = associassion for research & elightenment (i think)

~all prompts for a Google search~
Cayce used his 'niche' to access the psychic 'Realm' which he thought of as a 'Hall-of-Records', something like a telepathic record of all human thoughts/actions in a combined Past-Present-Future which he Accessed
with regularity. It might be that he actually OBEd to this 'noosphere'
during his trances...and interacted with a type of 4th dimensional Theater
and brough that information back to this dimensional-reality of regular-consciousness

Interesting...
I have no preference for either person or the way they connected with their higher-realm...
I have experienced both types of 'connecting' to the universal consciousness, albiet to a much lesser degree than these two icons of prediction... i'm just not too much judgemental, re: INTJ

thanks,

---------------------

PS: the bb code and 'Posting' format seems to work even without the latest update of 'Java', (as noted in the [SUBMIT] rider) all-right !

[edit on 19-4-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I guess if I had to pick, I'd pick Cayce. From everything I've seen on him and his predictions they were very very accurate. Nostradamus was very vague even though some say this was intentional.

I like the part about Cayce that he was medically illiterate in his waking life but actually told people specifics in medical terminology about their medical conditions and how to cure or fix them. I also like that he was solely interested in helping people. This, in my opinion, was demonstrated by the fact that he got physically ill when people would ask about the future for monetary gain (predicting the stock market, etc.) and so he quit for a while. When he started back he made sure that he only gave readings when his wife was in the room so that she could vet the questions.

To me, Cayce's predictions were a lot more useful.

[edit on 19/4/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Personally Edgar is the better of the two. Like most people say, he is less vague. However Nos was also a future seer. He would not only use his astronomy but reflective viewing to gaze into the future. However most of us do not realise he lived in the time of the witch and the devil. When these types of things would be viewed as witchcraft or devil worship.

So he has to be vague since most people back then couldnt read. Those who did would have a hard time figuring out what he was saying anyway. It looked sort of like a poem and he could pass it off as such if he needed to.

Sadly though we have a hard time figuring out what it means also as he could not take a chance and leave a map on how to unlock his code. So I give Nos a big cheer for being able to think of helping us, however I still perfer Ed since he is more direct in his future fortune telling.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Both were fantastic. Nos had to encode his quatrains to avoid the negative Kharma if he didn't. Making a prediction that millions will believe, reinforces and helps make it happen. That's where the neg. Kharma comes in.
I believe the accuracy of both has changed since the 1990s. The earth changes have been delayed or changed entirely. Some say it's because of intervention by the Galactic Federation of Light and by spiritual groups around the world. I don't know if it's true or not but certainly makes you wonder.
You may want look at the youtube videos and website of David Wilcock who is supposed to be the reincarnation of Edgar Casey. They are excellent.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Sargoth]

top topics

join