It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New research: Autism may be caused by immune response during pregnancy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy

This being said, in 1989 Medical standards increased recommended innoculations from 13 to 29 ( rough numbers i dont have data in front of me) for children. This amount of Pharma coursing thru a childs body must wreak havoc, even if not cause of Autism. I would be interested to see baseline data from 1989 compared to 1999 and then to 2009 as innoculation requirements doubled.

In other words, the civilian population is now getting about half the vaccinations we had as children in the military. They still get fewer vaccinations than the children of missionaries an the children of diplomats.

So why aren't these over-vaccinated kids a vast pool of autistic children?

Unlike civilian children, we all had multiple vaccinations that contained mercury from the age of 3 months onward. My childhood shot record runs 2 pages.

Why aren't my brother and I and all our friends and acquaintances autistic? We had 2-4 times the vaccine dose of any civilian child ever since we were a few months old.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterybee

Mysterybee, I read something about that, I think it may have been in Discover magazine a few months ago. There may be something in what you're saying so I think it would be interesting if we could get any sort of data on autism rates in countries or cultures where marriages are/were arranged instead of allowed to arise out of natural attraction. I would think in the case of a culture dominated by arranged marriages based on factors not relating to biology, we might see other interesting cases of incompatible biochemistry's effects on pregnancy and childbearing besides the ones mentioned in the article. If autism is a product of this issue, we might see higher incidences of it as well. Of course in a lot of those cultures they have other serious problems that impact maternal health and child development.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by SheepleFlavored]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Still think it all goes back to the vaccines in the mothers in the first place. Scientists are trying to confuse us all...what else is new???

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Regarding vaccines and autism - there is simple no link, as a plethora of peer-reviewed papers have found ever since Wakefield published his report in 'The Lancet'.

A report that was subsequently shown to have been based on fraudulent data:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Great news that a potential cause has been discovered, I'd advise caution however on how soon a remedy can be found - rheumatoid arthritis the best known of many autoimmune conditions, and there hasn't been much success in curing that so far.

A lot more study is needed into factors such as the length of time of exposure to the antibodies needed to produce autism.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
interesting points about the birth control pill & choosing a compatible mate and about arranged marriages. the mother's diet is probably important too - before & during pregnancy as well as during breast feeding. how many autistic mothers were having an "organic" diet vs junk food or regular food diets? what medications did they take which may not be illegal or known as dangerous yet could have contributed to autism?

hopefully in the future we'll have better genetic tests for parents and embryos to make sure children won't have to suffer...

i am still not convinced it's caused by vaccination but it may be a factor. on the other hand think of the outrage if the states and medical insurance companies would not fund vaccines and they would be only afforded by wealthy people. think about having child/infant death rates as high as a third world country. wouldn't everybody feel like the government does not care and wants to let it's constituents die? people are never satisfied!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hey Everybody,

Sorry my link to the guardian article about the hormones didn't work - newbie html/posting growing pains
There is a lot of research out there about this phenomenon, though.

Yes the interesting thing about arranged marriages as well - I was also contemplating that. There was an article I read recently about the hugely disproportionate amount of Somali immigrant children in Minnesota with Autism - the numbers of which are totally unseen in other immigrant groups. I wonder if anybody has bothered to find out if Somalis have higher rates of arranged marriages. But there is another factor with the Somali immigrants and that's the info that has come to light that other countries have been using their coastline as a toxic waste dumping ground since their govt. collapsed.

So many possible factors. But I for one will never be going on the pill again. Nothing smells better than the man you have a crush on. Except perhaps new baby smell. Wow, I really am a slave to biological/chemical impulses....!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sorry to post again so soon - but I just remembered hearing something about the age of the man (and i.e. the age of his sperm) being a factor in autism rates.

We always automatically assume it's all about the woman but maybe we're overlooking sperm? Anybody know/hear anything about this?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Believe me, our government or Elite know all this stuff, they are the brightest individuals out there. Take Obama for example, I mean he knows what the heck is is doing. He has half the country and maybe a quarter or eighth of the world convinced he can do no wrong. I mean he is able to feed on our emotions, and leave us wanting more confident hope speeches. However they are hiding this information from us, allowing this stuff to happen... on purpose. its called De-population. Less people with different opinions (or knowledge of Truth) = more control and "Power" for their greedy satanic and pagans worshipping hoo ha.
P.S. Lord Jesus is comming to wipe the slate CLEAN. Prepare and chastise thineselves. Abolish your sins and wrongfully selffish hearts. Embrace and love one another, reject the ways of the heartless. Judge not the man, but the fruit(product) of their actions. Always do what you believe is just and right. Do not listen to others what right is, they will misguide and convince you to do wrong. This way our Lord can seperate the wheat from the chaff, the Ripe from the spoiled, the soulfull from the soulless, the saved for eternal life, from the damned to eternal sufferage @ our tormentors and propagator of untruths side. AKA Satan

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

For decades now doctors have been drawing more and more connections between the environment in which a mother conceives, carries, and delivers, and the health of the final product.

It's now common knowledge that a prenatal diet rich in fatty acids and leafy greens and so on can stimulate brain growth and boost IQ - it's even said that pre-conception, the diet of the parents plays a huge role in the health of their child when it finally is conceived.

I'm not saying the whole mess couldn't be genetic, but it seems more likely to me that something has changed dramatically in the lives of the parents over the last 50 or so years that has led to the spread of the condition.

I mean, genetics is a LONG game, millions of years. Environment is something that can change overnight. An environmental cause fits better with the circumstances surrounding the disease, I think.

I've heard it said many times that improved detection, or diagnosis, or a more compassionate society, are to blame for the increase in autism, in the sense that we no longer lock these people up. I don't think that's an adequate explanation for the numbers we're seeing, but I could be wrong.

Increased diagnosis is one thing, but there just weren't THAT many sanitariums and asylums built over the course of this country's evolution.

A lot of these people with Asperger's and Autism-spectrum disorders would have just been diagnosed as good old fashioned crazy, that's true, but has the world ever had this many 'crazy' people? I'm not sure that's enough to explain the spike.

Someone mentioned the Amish - this is the philosopher's stone of the whole question, I think. If you can figure out why certain communities simply do not have experience with autism or autism-spectrum disorders, you can map out the differences between their communities and the communities affected, and start to develop a plan of action. Pacific Islanders are another demographic, I believe, which remain relatively unfamiliar with autism. Eskimos are another.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that it could be because of genetic mixing, the result of intermingling of people from different parts of the globe. I'm not sure I buy that at all, because nothing I've seen indicates that mixed race children are at a higher risk.

The only demographic that displays a spike in frequency is boys - not from any one race or region - just boys (and most often firstborn if I'm not mistaken).

I've got another thread somewhere on ATS about the link between corn and hormone imbalance - could that be related? A hormone-link might explain why it affects boys 4 times more often than girls.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if years from now it's discovered that all the extra estrogen floating around in our food chain caused a whole mess of diseases...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

How many military vaccinated children versus civilian are there?

If autism runs 1:150 roughly, and you only know 200 military children, then your not gonna see that many. So I think we need to find some population numbers.

It would be interesting to see if there is a difference between military and civilian children, in addition to location.

I think some other differences between military and civilian need to be considered too.

I started a thread on autism but no one responded to it, but it seems autism rates do flux in areas. While I live in an affluent area, they are actually higher here 1:147. Why is that?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-4-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by carole9999

I get a flu shot almost every year, and I never get the flu.
I don't think that there is a relationship between getting a flu shot and then catching the flu.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Birth control pills do not cause autism. Vaccines might, but if you follow the precautions (if the baby has a fever after having the first vaccine, don't give them a second) then the chances are low. I had a reaction to one of the vaccines as a baby, had a fever, and didn't get the second vaccine and I'm fine.

I honestly think vaccines are fine. I get them all the time and I'm perfectly okay.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There is tons of evidence on the net which says that Autism is caused by Mercury poisoning. Test a sample of hair to find out the levels of mercury in your system.

Mercury is also the cause for a lot of other *new* disorders which have appeared in the last 20 years.

Watch the documentaries by Dr. Len Horowitz "In Lies We Trust" and many others on heavy metal poisoning such as "Vaccination - The Hidden Truth" and also videos about Dr. Robert C. Beck and Dr. Hulda Clarke.

Most Vaccines contain mercury and even FDA scientists were against the approval of the FDA to put mercury in fish!

Get your silver amalgams removed now! They contain 53% mercury!

en.wikipedia.org...

The Big Pharma conspiracy is definitely the sickest one out there.

[edit on 22/4/09 by spunch]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spunch

Most Vaccines contain mercury and even FDA scientists were against the approval of the FDA to put mercury in fish!

Can you provide a list of the vaccines that contain mercury? I was under the impression that all mercury had been removed from vaccines some time ago.

I know the flu vaccine still contains thimerosal, but I believe that's where it ends...

Also, who's trying to put mercury in fish? That seems like an odd thing to do...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join