It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New research: Autism may be caused by immune response during pregnancy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

"Now I think any hint of bad behaviour in kids is labelled 'mild autism' or 'ADHD'..."
Yes, and the 'autism spectrum disorder' has been expanded to include that which is not anything close to 'autism' per se. What really must be watched for carefully is the sheer amount of extremely toxic 'medication' which will constantly recommended, suggested or forced. If you as a parent choose to go this way instead of looking for behavioral improvements which can be brought on by not only better food/nutrition, but in stopping anything with caffiene/corn syrup (vastly increases ANY problems), both you and your child will pay for your decision later in spades. I speak from 30 years of personal experience.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Any chance of this being associated with what's being discussed in this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Somehow I think the two are linked and why we've seen such a rise in cases.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong
There is much contradictory information on this topic - even though your article is a good find - I am not convinced that the evidence depicts the full story

I have kept a link indicating a court case where a link between vaccinations and autism was proved

LINK

Video - In some cases autism only occurs after vaccination - and is not linked to fetal development

LINK

There is overwhelming evidence that the connection with increased vaccinations (most of which are both unnecessary and the effects of which are worse than the actual disease it's meant to prevent) is completely parallel with the increase in autism. Actual internal memos from pharmaceutical corporations at Simpsonwood were as close to an actual admission from these corporations (who are involved in the disease-causing, and then symptom-treating, extremely damaging 'cures' (toxic palliatives) as it's ever come. Take a look at the 'side effects' from 'Gardacil', and learn much more

www.vaclib.org...

[edit on 20-4-2009 by carole9999]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

"there are more and more cases of children who die from preventable diseases because their parents refused vaccinations."
Evidence in statistics please. Also, there is evidence to the contrary. The side effects from a vaccine like Gardasil are precisely why people should avoid vaccines. Also, I've noticed that I and others who do not receive a 'flu shot' every year simply don't catch it, but those who do receive one seem to get sick anyway. Perhaps a good place to start reading would be

www.vaclib.org...
and realize the the pharmaceutical cartel is simply about making an enormous profit, and the ends always justify the means with them.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
That is what vaccines are, they are the decease, and instead of catching it naturally, the vaccine indused decease will most likely stay latent in your body and mutate and be even worse...

I see no reason as to why 'natures' products should be harmful for us.
Take all these 'sugar-free' products, they are close the toxic waste ffs.
i stopped eating anything that say Aspartame on it, same with Fluor..
These suger-tablets too, of 100gr of product, you have 0gr of everything,all synthetic, and if you take sugar, of 100gr product, you have 100gr karbohydrats, and that you can survive alot longer on if you should get lost in the woods...the suger-tablets wouldnt give you as much as 1gr to live on... It is all manmade, and therefor close to useless....

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Autism is difficult subject to research because there is so much conflicting data in the field.

Anyone that has worked with Epoxy knows there are two agents, A and B. The epoxy will not work until A and B are mixed together. When mixed it becomes Epoxy.

Autism may fall under the same analogy; there is more than a single root cause. It may be only when two or more causes are present that Autism manifests; maybe when MMR is adminstered and the Child has certain gene tendancies present, or added environmental factors, that Autism becomes reality.

This being said, in 1989 Medical standards increased recommended innoculations from 13 to 29 ( rough numbers i dont have data in front of me) for children. This amount of Pharma coursing thru a childs body must wreak havoc, even if not cause of Autism. I would be interested to see baseline data from 1989 compared to 1999 and then to 2009 as innoculation requirements doubled.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
When I was a child, the number of vaccines was around 10. Now they are trying to give my little girl 30 plus before she even turns one. The hell with that. That sad thing is, the doctors tell you to let them give your kid the vaccine or you need to find a new doctor. What happened America?

Here's an interesting read on mercury and vaccines.
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NateNute

"That sad thing is, the doctors tell you to let them give your kid the vaccine or you need to find a new doctor. What happened America?"
The reason so many people are looking into 'alternative' medicine is that there is extreme collusion with the AMA, FDA and Big Pharma. The idea is to create diseases and syndromes (by use of vaccines and by 'proclamation' of new 'disorders'), and then send out pharma reps (detailers) who do not have an understanding as to what they're promoting, lured by large paychecks, and specialize in psychological techniques to appeal to the physicians sense of scientific logic (scientism) without any substance. What are the 'medicines' they're selling? A lot of toxins (flouride is a primary component of many 'medications', and the damage of this toxin can be researched easily). When the patent runs out on these 'medications' (which for the most part have only an initial palliative (treating symptoms) effect, but create intended 'side effects' for which--there are more 'medications') another analog is created with a new patent. Since most of these analogs are variations of natural medicines, they are by definition ALL 'designer drugs'. Quite often they will trot out an isomer (reverse molecule) based 'medication' when it is feasible. It is by no accident that a basic requirement for detailers is aesthetic 'beauty'.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
My child is Autistic and she is 6 years old. But I still have a strange feeling it has to do with the foods we eat, as well as the vacines. I am sorry but why would our bodies all of sudden start attacking our unborn children? Where it never happened before in history. If you ask me the science folks are full of BULL.

Truthfully I think its another way for the government to cover up the real truth. The truth is that they have been forcing us to eat foods with there chemicals sprayed all over it. and hormones injected in it. And milk full of fish oils, and most likely more mercury. Then there is more mercury in our vaccines. Yet they dont want us to blame them for everything so lets go blame the moms body for it. Yet for thousands of years there was no freaken problem now there is??? Strange why now?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Nature is amazing. Yesterday, I was watching In the Womb: Dogs and I learned that, among other things, wolves and dogs can sometimes completely destroy the fetus (before a certain time in the pregnancy) under, I think, extreme stress. Antibodies attacking fetal brains in humans is not that out there. Like I said, nature is amazing.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

This is the kind of topic I like to discuss. Great find and a great hope to tackling a very destructive disease. I really hope something does come of this.

One point on the vaccines though, don't they kind of act in the same way as what is being described here? They tell the body to fight something. In many cases it is three or four different somethings at once. Maybe there is some truth to the vaccines 'also' having an affect on whether young children develop this disease. Maybe it is the lead in some or maybe it's a combination of everything that goes into the vaccines.

However, if they can pinpoint who is more likely to produce an autistic kid from the getgo then it is still a huge step in a positive direction.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Exactly what I was thinking. A friend of a friend has twin girls, one is autistic, one isn't.

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
It's an interesting possibility. I have a question though.

I have a set of twins, one is autistic, and the other isn't.

Makes me wonder if the study ever included twins? How is it that this could happen to one fetus and not the other while in the womb?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

You have shown us that you have no idea how autism spectrum disorder works.

And I can't believe people starred your post. I am shocked at this baseless sweeping statement. And you used a Tom Cruise movie as your proof?

First off, it is called spectrum disorder for a reason. It has varying degrees. Not all children have it to the degree where they are in an institution.
Some kids have aspergers. They can function but can't handle social situations and confrontations.

these kids in school, who says they had autism? or add or adhd? No one knows, because conditions were not always understood.

Who is to say this is not a recently developed condtion? Where is your proof that it wasn't developed recently?

Who is to say that those kids who had problems in school were not harrassed and beaten to the point where they reverted into themselves so much that they ceased to react at all, or to anyone? Outstanding citizens? Most likely they became criminals, lived with their parents as recluses for the rest of their lives, or were institutionalized.

Who is to say that those people who retreated into a coma state were not mishandled autism patients.

And that is what happens when it is not studied and handled perfectly.

so are you proposing that any child who has problems should just be beaten and ridiculed into submission? Is that what you are saying??

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

Just like one person can survive an infection and another can't. Why one senior survives pneumonia and other other can't. It is based on will, the bodies' defenses, and other unknown factors.

More studies might conclude that the brain contains a reacting chemical. One may have it and the other not.

While twins are considered identical, they are not carbon copies, or clones. There are still genetic differences. That is why they can look different, have different interests and personalities.

I have met twins that are as different as night and day.So there are differences.

Are they could be fraternal.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have mentioned my theory on vaccines before, but it has been awhile so I will repeat it.

As we all know, vaccines are based on forcing the body to develope antibodies on a very light dose of the disease, instead of the full blown version.

Now this is natural, and based on a natural concept. The problem is, most people would of only contracted one or two, or if you are unlucky, three of these diseases in a lifetime.

What the numerous vaccines are doing is forcing the body to create antibodies on an onslaught of diseases, not just a few. I read somewehre that a person receives 56 vaccinations by the age of 18. Do you know anyone who contracts 56 diseases by 18?

I think the best choice is for parents to pick one two or three of the worst, nad leave the others out, like chicken pox.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by carole9999
reply to post by DarkSecret

Also, I've noticed that I and others who do not receive a 'flu shot' every year simply don't catch it, but those who do receive one seem to get sick anyway.

Here is the info on flu vaccines...again.

First off, most people think they get the flu when they dont' have it. While it IS common, not as common as people think.

If you can talk on the phone, paint your nails, or read email, you don't have the flu.

Anyone who has truely had it, will tell you, that you literally feel like your on deaths door.
Someone could point a gun at your head and you would not care. You can't get up, going to the bathroom is a painful and monumental effort. It is the five most miserable days of your life. And you would do anything to make it end.

So if that is not the fit of your illness, you don't have the flu.

Second, all types of flus go around. When you recieve a vaccination, you get the one for the strain that is prevalent that year. And it innoculates you for that strain for the rest of your life. Which is why they urge you to get it every year because eventually you are stocked up against most flues.

But it doesn't mean you can't get a strain that has already manifested before.

So when people say they got the vaccine but still got the flu, if it really was the flu, it doesn't mean they got, that years flu. probably one they ddint' get vaccinated against before.

And most likely people that get the flu shots have careers that put them in the position of catching the flu.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As the father of an autistic child I can assure you the most of the arguments that children in Africa or Amish families don't show any signs of autism are untrue. I recently attended a conference where the speaker brought up this same question. The reason these cultures seemed to be Autism free is that there was no set diagnostic conditions, willingness to test the children or qualified personnel to perform the diagnosis.

As diagnostic testing is becoming more common the per capita number of cases appear to be equivalent to those in the the developped world. Also new testing tecxhnics are showing that cases of girls having autism are just as common as their male counterparts.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Totally overlooked point: The pill.

We all know how pheromones play an important role in humans picking each other out as potential partners. Men are attracted to the chemicals ovulating women produce, and women in turn are attracted to men who give off a pheromone that is directly linked to their immune system.

Women are turned on by guys whose immune systems *compliment* their own. But the pill screws that all up.

Scientists have now found that women who are on the pill are no longer able to detect the complimentary immune system. They are suddenly attracted to men whose immune systems are similar to their own.

This not only can create fertility problems, but it can create general relationship problems, too. Simply put, the chemistry is all wrong!

Think about it - more and more women meeting and choosing their partners while on the pill. More and more fertility issues, and higher rates of autism. There could very well be a link.

www.guardian.co.uk... earch.medicaladvicefortravellers

I've lurked on ATS a long time but this topic finally got me to register

[edit on 20-4-2009 by mysterybee]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A question I have - sorry if it's been asked before - is why we don't have many (any?) cases of Autistic adults, say over the age of 25?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is just my opinion so please dont take this for fact, but I do believe that 99% of all disease and disorders are a direct result of a nutritional deficiency either genetically or individually. and its a direct result of our self- destructive ways so I think we can see a drastic improvement if we just properly nutrient ourselves. take a good supplement and eat properly (if its even possible)
I would bet it all on proper nutritional supplementation, being the cure to the worlds diseases

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join