It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient structures that Nasa forgot to hide?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biohazard³¹³

I've found again something of strange, but this time on the Moon:

After a bit of work:

It is geometrically perfect, but something or the time ruined it.

The object in your first picture is most likely a crater -- you can see that the shadows on all of the craters -- and in that large feature you are pointing out -- are in the "6 o'clock" or "south" position.

I don't know which object you were referring to in your second picture.

[edit on 4/20/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Yes sorry, you have reason, this is a vid to explain what i zoomed:

This is a crater with something inside.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Biohazard³¹³]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Biohazard³¹³

Why make a video to show something that can be shown with just one image?

PS: I am downloading an image to see if I can find a better image of the area from the first post, I will try to find the crater and the corresponding image from Moon later, now I am in my lunch break.

Edit: could you please post the coordinates of that crater? Without them I have to search the whole Moon.

Thanks.

[edit on 20/4/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Biohazard³¹³

Why make a video to show something that can be shown with just one image?

PS: I am downloading an image to see if I can find a better image of the area from the first post, I will try to find the crater and the corresponding image from Moon later, now I am in my lunch break.

Because someone could think that this is a fake. xD thanks
this is what i zoomed:

There are the coordinates:

lat=76.242592

lon=-75.849609

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Biohazard³¹³]

jra

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
PS: I am downloading an image to see if I can find a better image of the area from the first post

What area of Mars is it from? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread. I'd like to see what other images of the area are out there. Perhaps the MRO has imaged the spot as well.

I don't find it surprising that the detail of various features changes from "visible" to "infrared" in google mars. Seeing as how they (visible and infrared), were taken from two very different orbiters with two very different camera systems.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
What area of Mars is it from? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread. I'd like to see what other images of the area are out there.

JANAP-146 posted a link to the Google Mars image, with the coordinates, latitude 59.404559, longitude -85.762023.

The images I have found are from the CTX camera on MRO, Mars Express HRSC and Themis.

The Mars Express image may have a good resolution, but a 7GB image is too big, if we can find a smaller one.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I don't see anything in these pictures ate all? Nothing that has been edited in Photoshop!
I guess one see what they want to see. I can go in my back garden and take a picture and see something strange them.
Waste of space (no pun intended)!

[edit on 20-4-2009 by thumbpick]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thumbpick
I don't see anything in these pictures ate all? Nothing that has been edited in Photoshop!
I guess one see what they want to see. I can go in my back garden and take a picture and see something strange them.
Waste of space (no pun intended)!

[edit on 20-4-2009 by thumbpick]

The moon is not your garden.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't know what those photos show. Hoagland has proved to me that NASA doctors photos. I've seen much better photos of Mars anomalys etc. Check them out.

ebtx.com...
www.viewzone.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biohazard³¹³

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Yes sorry, you have reason, this is a vid to explain what i zoomed:

This is a crater with something inside.

edit on 20-4-2009 by Biohazard³¹³]

Craters, complex impact craters often do have "something inside." Usually right in the middle of the crater. Please scroll down to see an example of an impact crater's geology.

Wiki On Impact Craters

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Hi check out this site for even more excellent pictures www.marsanomalyresearch.com

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Good site, Thanks. It's funny all the orthadox people seem so quiet. I guess they are starting to see the light, that everything isn't black and white.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

No, we're already aware of the badly distorted site known as mars anomaly research. Are we really obligated to debunk it again every time someone brings it up? Alright, here for starters:
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...
They go on and on and on about an "anomaly" - it's opportunity's own ejected backshell and parachute. Anyone paying attention to MER news knows this, they're counting on their readers being less informed than they are. They certainly know the truth and have no interest in telling the truth.
marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov...
As you can see in the clearer image above, MAR is attempting to lie to you.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
What do think of the ones I posted? What do you think the tube-like structures are ngchunter?

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

As the guy at EBTX explains after reconsidering his original ideas, they are sand dunes.

Having downloaded many hundreds of Mars Global Surveyor pictures these past couple of weeks, I am now prepared to conceed that there are most probably NOT any large life form on Mars ... at least nothing bigger than a Chevy Ranchero.

ebtx.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm more inclined towards the frozen ice at the bottom of the link. I've never seen sand dunes form tubes.

www.viewzone.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

There are no tubes. The dunes are lined up across valleys. Like these:
Dunes

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Are you looking at the same things I'm looking at? The sites call them tubes and they look like tubes to me. Your photo looks like flat sand dunes, but the others look like tubes or are just round. They may not be hollow.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sargoth
Are you looking at the same things I'm looking at? The sites call them tubes and they look like tubes to me. Your photo looks like flat sand dunes, but the others look like tubes or are just round. They may not be hollow.

Are you talking about those?:

They look like tubes to me too.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biohazard³¹³Are you talking about those?:

They look like tubes to me too.

Note that the striations are always oriented along the crests of "dunes". It's quite possibly a wind effect. Note the diminution of the effect in the right side of the picture as the terrain levels out.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Gawdzilla]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join