It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO Behind the Theft of WAMU? HELP!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hi, all. I've read the board forever, but am just now posting. I read the below story on a top financial blog who got it off the UPI wire (not sure how that works). I haven't seen it on the "normal" news, but am starting to see blog type coverage. Anyhow, it sounds REALLY scary! I've heard in passing that there are connections with JP Morgan Chase and the NWO / Bilderbergers, etc. Is this the case? Please, those of you more enlightened than me, share the wealth! Thanks

How a Stolen Bank Costs You Money

*** Violet Day, UPI, 17 April, 2009 ***

With foreclosures at an all time high, unemployment at records levels, and the dollar competing with the "loonie" of all things, it's no wonder more and more people are questioning not only the stability but the sanity of the US government. The casualness with which the government is spending trillions (yes trillions) of tax payer dollars certainly isn't helping the situation. If you are tired of your tax money going to frivolous waste and out of control spending, bad news is on the horizon: you may be cutting another very large check in the near future!

On September 25, 2008 Washington Mutual Bank was seized by the FDIC for reasons of "instability." Within hours, the bank was sold to JP Morgan Chase for the sum of $1.9 billion. At the time of the sale, not only was Washington Mutual among the largest banks in the country, but it enjoyed tremendous name recognition and a banking network estimated at over 2,000 branches and close to 5,000 ATMs. Most analysts agree that $1.9B is not even close to fair compensation for a banking network so well entrenched and almost 120 years in the making. If those figures weren't troubling enough, proponents of Washington Mutual assert the bank had close to $307B in assets at the time of the seizure, was considered "adequately capitalized" by the FDIC's own standards, had access to a $50B credit line with the FDIC, and had around $4B in cash assets! In fact, Washington Mutual is so adamant that an injustice has been performed that they have sued the FDIC seeking damages in the neighborhood of $40B. If in fact Washington Mutual is awarded damages for the FDIC's "communistic actions" and "gross negligence," you can guess who is picking up the tab . . .

Only time will tell if Washington Mutual's lawsuit will stand up in court, but the preliminary evidence looks strongly in Washington Mutual's favor. Even the greatest spin doctor attorneys will have difficulty explaining to a jury the selling of $4B for $1.9B; and yes, WAMU has requested a jury trial. In addition to WAMU's other (disputable) assets, the law firm representing Washington Mutual (Weil/Gotshal) is surely to bring up the fact the JP Morgan offered $8 per share in April to acquire Washington Mutual, a deal which WAMU rejected. Thousands lost jobs, tens of thousands lost life savings and retirements; it seems almost tailor made for a jury trial. The TARP program being released only 4 days after the seizure was purely a coincidence . . . wasn't it? Has it been mentioned that the media and the federal government have been eerily silent on this entire topic? Confidence boosters for financial stability? Definitely not.

Regardless of the outcome of the case, the end result of the suit is the continued deterioration of confidence in the US banking system, the Office of Thrift Supervision, the FDIC, and the Obama administration and their inability to provide any of the real "change" US citizens were promised. If Washington Mutual gets the "change" they are seeking, and most probably deserve, get ready to take out your checkbook.

At time of publication neither the FDIC nor Weil/Gotshal had returned a call for comment. Representatives for Washington Mutual shareholders can be found at www.wamurape.org.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbarrettb

With foreclosures at an all time high, unemployment at records levels, and the dollar competing with the "loonie" of all things, it's no wonder more and more people are questioning not only the stability but the sanity of the US government.

Funny that this should be brought up, because before all of this economic crisis stuff, our 'loonie' was worth 11% more than your plain old piece of paper.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I noticed that, too. If the writer was talking about the "good old days" where the dollar was stronger, that must have been QUITE a while ago! *laughs*

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Still find it hard to believe that the whole global economy can crash as a whole. I still manage to make money in the markets, but strictly deal in penny stocks now.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Isn't WAMU a penny stock now? How scary is that to think WAMU is a penny stock (along with some other big names, huh?).

Why would the NWO (or whomever is doing this) want to do this? How deep do these roots go???

top topics

join