It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The public is not smart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Look at some of the comments on this CNN article, about Meghan McCain saying Republicans need to get past their anti-gay stances.

Imagine an election being won or lost over gay marriage.. I mean, forget the economic crisis, forget America's dangerous occupation of the Middle East -- inspiring a whole new generation of people to become terrorists. Forget that. We want to know what the candidates think about gay marriage!

"Beauty and brains make her an eloquent spokeswoman for any party. Keep talking girl, we love it."

This is one of the comments. Beauty and brains.. and some people in the comments are even talking about her as President...?

The public has officially lost touch with reality. After Sarah Palin came onto the scene, I was generally frightened. Some dumb beauty pageant bimbo as VP, but by God.. the Presidential race has turned into American Idol, with "brains" also necessary...

Erggh. I sometimes think I should stop even caring about politics. Sometimes I feel I should give up on the people, because they're just too (Snip) stupid. Times like these make you want to join the dark side.

source

[edit on 19-4-2009 by nwocollapse]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Don't lose faith, there are A LOT of paid trolls planting asinine comments in an effort to sway people's opinions. This is classic psyops.

Didn't see any comments disparaging this lady? It's because those comments were removed and the ones that were supportive were left in place.

It happens all the time. In a supposedly free speech rooms that were providing live twitter coverage of the G20 protests, there were a lot of heavy censorship by the moderators regarding the protests.

In fact most of the twitter comments were saying that protesters were violent, they were all breaking stuff and whatnot and other comments totally unrelated to the G20 protests, and it got through the mods!

This of course wasn't true of the huge majority, but the way the Twitter room moderators did it, they would filter out any comments that showed bankers or police in a negative light before posting the comments (That twitter session wasn't live)

Reality isn't as you think it is.

There's a war on for your heart and mind.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I understand your desire to join the dark side... As, I myself feel the very same urge at times. Although, we must not hold intelligence so highly, so as to turn to evil as a form of revenge for our annoyance. Relax, chill, and above all else don't take life so seriously

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Meghan McCain comes from her dads side of the Republican Party. The side that Republicans need to get rid of if they will have any chance in 2012.

Being for traditional marriage is not being anti-gay. Just like being against marrying animals doesn't make you an animal hater.

Also comparing Sarah Palin to Meghan McCain is totally off base. Palin got where she is on her own merits, Meghan McCain is her fathers daughter.

top topics

join