It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO filmed by Scuba Divers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Manta Ray? Nooo, they're huge and eat plankton. No need for something to move so fast if it just eats plankton, right?
Horseshoe crab? Nooo, they, like all crabs aren't too hot at swimming, they prefer to scuttle around on the seabed.

Mystery? Yeaah! I've said before that it wasn't a fish on account of it looking spherical and metallic, with an illuminated portion which tracked the diver... but maybe it's a species we haven't encountered before? That said, still not sure...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If you don't think it moves like a fish, speaking as someone who has been recreationaly snorkeling and free diving for several years, it acts like a fish, especially a curious fish, that's suddenly realized it's been spotted.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I think this looks like what you said, CGI. The movements don't seem to apply to natural, underwater physics, the object doesn't seem to manipulate the bubbles that the divers are making. It seems the object is somehow disconnected with everything else underwater.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The object has a very fake look to it.

I'd say it was originally a fish, but edited to look like something else. Perhaps something alien like.

Either way, I wouldn't be too concerned or excited about this. The sea is full of mysterious things that we as a species will never understand or even discover.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Looks like its cgi, and not even good cgi at that. The whole time i was watching it, i was thinking it didn't look like it belonged in the same video I was watching. Looks like something cheesy George Lucas would make up.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive
Although fish change directions rapidly, I suppose the distance travelled has something to do with fin size and mass.
The rapid movements made by fishes are made with their whole body, not with the fins.

They make an "S" and wave their body, the fins are just to help them going in the right direction.

The type of fish I am thinking about is a butterfly fish, like this.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I had to watch it several times, I didn't see anything at first because I thought they where referring to the whiteish looking thing sitting on the bottom, finishes on it at the end of the video, then I went through the comments and realised you where talking about the swimming whatever it is.

To me it looks like a Puffer fish, puffed up after swimming through the divers air bubbles, I've checked on youtube and found several video's of them, doesn't look exactly the same, but could well be foogoo.

I have included two video's just to give the colour variance, One out of water to show the colour similarities to the one in the video, and another underwater swimming of a different colour, cant seem to find one swimming as fast in the video though.

Now I am not saying this is what it is, but does look like it could well be, how fast can they swim anyhow? does anyone know?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am a scuba diver...and this is not unidentifiable. The picture appears to have been fraked with.......underwater photography does not pixilate like this one does after the
"fish" takes a turn.
It's a Queen Angel Fish!!!!
To begin with and then the vid has been seriously messed with!!

www.discover-eleuthera-bahamas.com...

Peace.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
This looks nothing like a fish to me, it's a sphere.
I think the "sphere" is a result of the resizing of the video, it does not look like a sphere to me, but I can see why people say that, but on the original size video it looks even less a sphere.

Unfortunately, while resizing large format videos may have some reason behind it, resizing a small video is a stupid idea, that, apparently, all Flash video players use, even the one from the ATS Media Portal, so I can not provide an in-line video, just a link to the AVI version I made from the first part of the video.

Edit:

For those that think that fishes do not move that fast.

[edit on 19/4/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Could be CGI - any image analysis experts out there?

www.liveleak.com...
Cheers.

USO Research Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

Hi karl 12, what a great find, thanks for posting this footage.
strrd and flggd.
I have absolutely no impression that it is a fake or hoax.
It is stunning; you can clearly see that it really surprised the diver and the person that operates the camera.
The reaction of the person that operates the camera is marvellous and thanks to him or her we have a highly interesting piece of footage here.
Seeing how the filmed "object" looks, how it behaves and moves and how incredible fast it is, there are in my opinion two possibilities.

It is some to me unknown sea creature which I strongly doubt.

It is some sort of intelligent controlled object [USO], which so far is my favourite assumption.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I've been on quite a few dives and snorkeling trips and the acceleration of the fish is quite within the range of known species.

What I have a problem with is the body markings of the fish. It appears to be almost luminescent and changes quite a bit in the 15-20 second range. The body is moving in the same direction but the markings appear to change or rotate? It could just be a body movement but it just doesn't seem right for a creature with bilateral symmetry

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
OK, i did some watching of the vid, then i left the room, refreshed my mind, and then i watched it again...

ITS A FISH! I think the light is just the compression of the video, and it makes it look that way.

reminds me of the fat tuna the japs use in the sushi... mmm sushi... (duels)

geee, thanks... now im hungry....

BTW, its a USF: Unidentified Swimming fish.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
doesn't look like CGI at all,

COULD be a fish but it doesn't look like a fish to me.

The first thing that popped into my mind was that it is some sort of reconnaissance probe.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just showed it to my mother, who was a biologist. Says it doesn't look like anything she's ever seen, reckons it's most likely bad CGI covering a fast little fish, probably an angel fish.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

That's what I saw as well. I'd guess one in the order of small ovals -- damselfish, surgeonfish. Would also guess that the fish swam in the zone short of the camera's focal zone.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I will start off by saying I have no idea what that is, a fish “maybe” but I just want to point out a couple of observations that support either a doctored video or USO.. Like in an earlier post if it was a fish I would think it would manipulate the divers air bubbles at about 17 to 19 sec more than it did and towards the end I spotted what could be some type of directional energy at about 27 sec that was not fins my conclusion a genuine USO or a fake, defiantly not raw footage of a fish

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The problem I have with videos like this is quite simple. Who keeps going underwater or wherever and filming with extremely low resolution cameras and posting the poor quality highly compressed videos as UFO/USO or whatever else? I went on holiday with my girlfriend and we went snorkeling and we shot 720p 9mbps video with a relatively cheap camera and an underwater case. (250$ for both I think) Looking back at those videos I have they have no sort of pixelation or fuzziness that I am seeing here.

My point being in this day and age decent quality video equipment is easy to come by, however if one uses high bitrate footage it is much harder to make a convincing hoax or to label a fish as a USO.

Not calling this video a fake or a fish but anything of this low quality deserves a large dose of suspicion.

Edit: This is not my footage (have not had time to upload any of mine to youtube) However it is the same camera I used on my vacation and it gives you an idea of what kind of footage is obtainable from a cheap point and shoot camera with underwater capabilities.

Make sure you enable HD mode in the youtube player to get the higher bitrate.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Num1Skeptic]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What interests me about its movements is how it appears to know it's been spotted..

Even after it has moved away from the nearest diver, it still attempts to move out of sight of the camera as the camera moves onto it.

What fish has the intelligence to know it is being filmed and is camera shy?

It eventually seems to decide that it must beat a hasty retreat.

And why go to all the bother of creating a CGI underwater vid?

Anyone with the right mind would know that millions of people would immediately cry 'fish' or 'cgi'... There are no flashing lights.. no massive proportions.. nothing to suggest that it is 'out of the ordinary' except for its movements and sudden appearance and the way it seems to not want to be filmed.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm thinking its a Parrot Fish. The shape is exactly right. Who knows? What is odd is thinking that something that moves like a fish and is shaped like a fish is anything other than a fish?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

As good a guess as any. There are many reef fish shaped similarly. They all dart and move about just like the object in the video.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join