It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO filmed by Scuba Divers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Could be CGI - any image analysis experts out there?

www.liveleak.com...
Cheers.

USO Research Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
dont realy know, but from what i saw it looks pretty realistic to me.
it sounds like what some people have seen in lakes and such.
very interesting but may be a cgi, anyone have any suggestions?
cheers.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by darthStar]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wow, that's great! Could be craft, could be life form, and I suppose, could be faked? Looks ok to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well the scuba diver seems to react to it, in a bizzare manner.

So that cuts out editting for me.

And I have no idea what it could be that can move that fast in waters?

The camera guy actualy tried to get good shots of it too. (One in amillion)

I like it!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Pretty compelling stuff I must say.
Looks like it could be something like a scout submersible or something like that. On the CGI front, I guess it may have been some amazing fish that they got excited about, overlayed with a metallic thing, but why do that? Sure it moved a bit like a fish would, but I can't see that being the case. When it goes behind the bubbles from the diver's tank, it looks pretty real to me.
Did you notice the two illuminated spots on the sides?

+28 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It moves like a fish (the changes in direction and what looks like fins on the top and bottom), it's underwater, so I suppose it's a fish.
(This time it's not a rock
)

Fish are very fast (they are the animals with the fastest movements on Earth)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
It moves like a fish (the changes in direction and what looks like fins on the top and bottom), it's underwater, so I suppose it's a fish.
(This time it's not a rock
)

Fish are very fast (they are the animals with the fastest movements on Earth)

You said what I was going to. I can see fins moving and anyone who has been underwater has seen fish move that fast. There are so many odd looking creatures under the water.....many look pretty "alien".

Im saying fish

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Scientists use mini underwater unmanned vehicles for research and recovery work. If this is real that is probably what it is.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Man-made? Does anybody have a link to anything man-made that can move that fast from a stop in the water. I don't think it's man-made.

It looks like a light source in the middle with some sort of protection globe around it. It could be a fish overlayed with cgi but if you watch the globe when the vid goes to slow-mo the light source appears to be following or watching the scuba diver. then the light source circles back to the front and the globe speeds off.

If it's fake they went through alot of trouble.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Looks organic to me. At first I thought some kind of Manta ray, but much too small, so I full screened and it looked to me like a Jellyfish, or SeaJellie whatever you call it these days. Can you see the tentacles?

It kind of resembles a box jellyfish... the colour is right, and from what I can gather they can travel faster than most jellyfish...

"The box jellyfish actively hunts its prey, rather than drifting as do true jellyfish. It is capable of achieving speeds of up to 3.5 knots (1.8 m/s)."

I think that's only 5mph, but still underwater wouldn't that look this fast? I'm yet to find another vid of one going as fast.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hmmmm I just watched it again, and I can't say it looks all too fish like, I couldn't see any fins...

It looks like a light source in the middle with some sort of protection globe around it. It could be a fish overlayed with cgi but if you watch the globe when the vid goes to slow-mo the light source appears to be following or watching the scuba diver. then the light source circles back to the front and the globe speeds off.

@ScRuFFy63: I see what you mean about the light source following the diver, and how it's constantly trained on the diver. Wierd stuff.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Looks like a fish to me, you can see the side to side motion of the tail clearly, or at least to me it was clear. Fish can scoot when they want to.

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I watched the video and it looks as though it is round and being propelled by either a jet or some unknown propulsion tech. If this thing is alive that would be amazing as well. The object reminds me of the movie, The Abyss.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
perhaps it is a new animal.

Maybe a very earthly machine of some kind. perhaps some sort of top secret experiment.

Maybe a hoax.

i tried many time to find a clear part of the film to pause and study(i am not expert) although i had no luck. i for one am not going to draw any conclusions on this film. it just isnt enough for me.

Great find OP. intresting. now it is time for me to sit back and listen to the theories of the rest of the members.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well that video sure was a let-down. I was expecting something that looks like a UFO. Meh.

It's a flat, dinner-plate sized, silvery tropical fish, swimming away in panic. Not even interesting enough for late Monday night on the Nature Channel.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have to agree with ArMap and GreenEyedLeo, to me it looks like a incredibly pixelated video of a fish.
It acts like a fish does, and the diver may have reacted simply because in water like that, when there aren't many fish around, it makes a fish behind you unique.
As it's moving, you can see a wavering where the tail would be, and as it's moving off, it looks like a fish at a angle.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I could see this being a hoax but a fish I just can't see. For example. It it is a shiny round flat fish then when we see the light source on it move that would be the fish turning right? Well then how come as it turns it still appears to be the same sphere shape. Wouldn't the fish have to be moving only left to right for that to happen?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ScRuFFy63

As I'm looking at it, when it moves off, it's shape elongates slightly, and despite being extremely pixelated, I can still sort of make out a tail fine, and two side fins.

EDIT:
I'm not expert by ny means, but this is from the object leaving the screen under slow mo, and it looks fish shaped, at least.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b25ac0eed06b.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-4-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
After downloading it and watching on a bigger screen I think it might just be a fish. I think I can see the tail fin wiggle between 17 and 20 sec.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Looked pretty real to me. I find something about UFO's to be very creepy. I get this feeling they do not have our best interests at heart. Call it a gut feeling but Its not because I fear the unknown because I dont fear the unknown...just aliens.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join