It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would your body have gravity Around If u were in Space???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Just wondering If your body have gravity around it, if u were in space, Like how Planets Have gravity.. Would any other Object have a gravity? even a small one? like planets do?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Yes. However, it would be so slight as to be unnoticeable.
All objects with mass have gravity, though I forget the actual formula.
Measured out, the result would be negligible.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Yes it would

ever object has mass and with mass comes gravity

very simple

hope that helps

gravity = the engery of atoms of the mass of the object

more mass = more gravity = more energy kidna thing "the sun" ; )) do more astro physics it helps!

[edit on 19-4-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
In the way that I think you mean it, then yes.

If your body has mass - which I presume it does (unless you're a ghost or something!) - then you will be 'relating', for want of a better word, to other objects with mass, which in space will be anything from planets, asteroids, space junk and so on.

It's when two or more bodies with mass 'relate' to each other that there is gravitational pull and usually the one with the least mass is drawn to the other.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

It would still have gravity.... No is an incorrect answer.... Just because its not noticeable doesnt mean it isnt there.

But as said above, anything with mass will have gravity.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rekar

Correct. There's also that idea that if I drop a ball to the ground, the Earth is actually attracated to the ball (in an extremely small way) because of the ball's gravity.

This may not be true in practice because of the many variables invloved, but it is technically true in principle. In a perfect thought experiment -- one with no other forces acting upon the Earth -- if I drop a ball, the Earth will be attracted to the ball's gravity and move an infantesimally small distance to "meet" the ball -- although of course the ball would move 99.999999999999...[even more 9s]...% of the distance between the two objects.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

This is yet another of the universe's little quirks that makes my brain explode.

Take the Earth's rotation around the sun.
Now wouldn't you expect the Earth to circle in exponentially decreasing circles until we plummeted into ignition range? Woohoo!!

Seems like doom and gloom,all things being equal.
But the Sun loses mass with every second too from energy outputted,decreasing it's effect on rotation...
So instead we could fly off into the frozen wastes of oblivion..

The Sun and Earth in an eternal waltz across the stars.. How romantic..

(Till we all get splatted by unimaginable gravitational forces from head on collision with Andromeda)

I think I'll get drunk that day.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

That's the Newtonian viewpoint. According to Einstein (general relativity), there is no "attraction". The ball and the Earth bend space-time. But from our point of view the net result is the same. The Earth makes a big "dent", the ball a very small one. The ball "falls" into Earth's dent..

I know. I just had to throw that out there.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, you just had to...

Ok, ok...relative to my point of view what I said is what I would perceive.

One step at a time...

[edit on 4/19/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
In the way that I think you mean it, then yes.

If your body has mass - which I presume it does (unless you're a ghost or something!) - then you will be 'relating', for want of a better word, to other objects with mass, which in space will be anything from planets, asteroids, space junk and so on.

It's when two or more bodies with mass 'relate' to each other that there is gravitational pull and usually the one with the least mass is drawn to the other.

So lets say I was in a space suit connected to a spacestation but kind far out and I had a tennis ball with me or maybe a pool ball for more weight.

If I placed it maybe at a distance of 1 foot, would it then rotate around me like the earth does the sun ?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The attraction also drops off rapidly. A human body would have a negligible gravity well. Face it, if you floating around in space you're not going to be very attractive. Especially if you forget your suti.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Mass does not create gravity; from E=MC2, mass and energy are interchangeable and transmutable. I'm astounded that Newtonian physics has lasted this long !!!

Regarding Gravity, may i ask where you think it comes from? Does a rock really create gravitons that attracts other 'rocks' by the inverse square law 1/r2 over distance?

I believe gravity is a wave-like pressure made from neutrinos (created by black holes that must exist in their trillions & zillions (matter/anti-matter)). This wave travels at superluminal speed through space and 'pushes' on any matter in it's way. So when i throw a hammer above my head, it is not being pulled downwards by Earhs 'gravity' but instead is pushed by the neutrino wave from above.

If i had an umbrella made of such dense material where there is no gaps in the atomic structure, then it would block the passage of these neutrinos. The hammer would then never be able to hit me on the head as long as the hammer remained between me and the umbrella. Likewise it could be a 10 ton tank thrown over my head, but as long as my flimsy, neutrino blocking umbrella was over my head, the tank would levitate and never crush me. However, the umbrella would have the weight of the universe pushing down on it from above, so not really practical.

This umbrella material would never exist, so instead a plausible solution is to break apart and resonate the electro-magnetic structure of matter (wave particle duality) by having a device with Neodymium magnets and Tesla coils to modify the neutrinos/quantum foam. One method is the Casimir effect and i believe German scientists did this during world war 1 and may have built aircraft with such technology

continued in next post...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ask yourself why physicists call 'G' the God constant; it is a number made up to make the equations fit. Newtonian mechanics needs to be thrown in the bin, imho.

It is all about M-branes (string theory) and quantum foam. Following on from gravity, i also believe that matter does not exist. We are all just balls of quantum energy with physical constraints due to the Pauli Eclusion principle, which is why we can't walk through walls. However, if we could strap on a Neodymium/Tesla coil contraption or body armour that could resonate our molecular quantum mass, then i believe we will be able to pass through matter, if the frequencies are matched, kind of like locking your fingers together, the two quanta's become one.

The umbrella analogy is bad because it is like a sail and will block the neutrino wave/wind and the sheer flux of particles would instantly crush you as the umbrella is pushed instantly downwards.

The Earth is like a big rock in a fast-flowing river. The front of the rock faces a continual barrage of pressure from the rivers flow and a frog on the rock will always be pushed with a net force. On the back side, there will be a vacuum of pressure so the frog will be weightless.

On earth, this 'pressure wave' is all around us, coming from all directions. The density of rock of the earth saturates some of the neutrino flow thus making us 'stick' to the Earths surface, so someone standing at the North Pole will experience the following:

(same pressure from space: X)
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
\ / \ /

(we perceive a net downwards force we call g = 9.8ms-1)
O
--|--
/ \

/ \
| |
| | Net result of upwards push = X - Y
| |

-------------------
North Pole
-------------------
=====================================================
All the Earths 'matter (or quantum foam) dissipates the upwards flow from the south pole to leave Y =====================================================

/\ /\
| | | |
| | | | (same pressure from space: X)
| | | |

The above also explains the 'shielding' effect of the moon. As it orbits it blocks the neutrino pressure wave from space and oceans directly underneath will rise as they are not pushed as much. Also, big planets like Jupiter will have a higher 'perceived' gravity because the bottom wave is blocked by more quantum matter in the planets gaseous structure.

If matter is believed to be quantum electro-magnetic particles, then disassembling their 'make-up' will allow man to travel to the stars in vehicles at speeds faster than the speed of light because the concept of mass has been transcended.

Electromagnetism is the key to human evolution and the LHC is doing it all wrong i reckon. You just need a small device, say a football, with Neodymium magnets attached in key positions (cymatics) to generate a resonant hysteresis and a few Tesla coils to kick start the process. Begin by spinning the football really fast about the z-axis and then turn on the Tesla coils; i believe a mini black hole will appear in local space-time. It won't be dangerous because it will exist in its own time-frame. If you put your hand in it, it will disappear and will emerge in some part of the universe with exactly the same resonant quantities.

Watch this excellent video

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wow thanks for the replys. I know its a Dumb question.. but i was allways curious about that.. but u guys answered my question excellently hah

thanks .

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
No such thing as a 'dumb' question.. only dumb forum 'replies'.

Any quest for further knowledge is not 'dumb'.

'Dumb' would be stating a one word 'fact' (an incorrect fact at that) and NOT backing it up with an explanation as to why you arrived at that conclusion.

As long as people keep asking,and people keep explaining..
then a wonderful process called learning takes place,for the original knowledge seeker AND the people taught differently.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

your post made me think of the philadelphia experiment ... I'm sure most all of you have heard or read about it and how some of the people were part of the ship's walls/floor. Anyone think they might have been making the ship resonate at a different frequency to try and achieve their goals and that's how people fell through the matter?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

One of my favorite 'mad scientists' is a guy called John Hutchinson..arrested for allegedly causing 'disturbances' in his neighborhood with his experiments with Tesla technology(amongst other things).

Officially it was caused due to his antique gun collection...anyway..

Though his experiments are purely random,amateur and widely varying..he has 'allegedly' fused matter of different types in the same 'Philadelphia exp. ' fashion.
Also levitated workshop tools(and neighbors furniture)

www.google.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

Just to save u googlin n wiki'in

Maybe the mix of radio/energy waves somehow interrupts the electrical bonds holding the bodies' atoms together.allowing two bodies to 'sink' into each other.

Gotta get me some Tesla coils

[edit on 21-4-2009 by AGENT_T]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

DUDE .... who are you? I haven't been here that long but you are a Freaking ENCYCLOPEDIA of information ....... in a good way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join