It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus Disappears during Meteor Shower april 22nd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Venus Disappears during Meteor Shower april 22nd

science.nasa.gov

On Wednesday morning, April 22nd, Earth will pass through a stream of comet dust, giving rise to the annual Lyrid meteor shower. At the same time, the crescent Moon and Venus will converge for a close encounter in the eastern sky. Viewed from some parts of the world, the Moon will pass directly in front of Venus, causing Venus to vanish.

The source of the meteor shower is Comet Thatcher. Every year in late April, Earth passes through the comet's trail of debris. Flakes of comet dust, most no bi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am going to look out this wed night and see if I can see thse showers.

I always try and watch these showers we get. Meteor showers.

Is anyone else into this?

I like watching these meteor showers. Also at the same time venus is supposed to disappear behind the moon.

I wounder if the moon gets hit by these meteors?

science.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It's intriguing how the coincidental happenstance movements of objects amongst a vast empty nothingness catches our attention.

I'm not putting astronomy down, I'm just saying it's interesting.

As for you question regarding the moon, considering how many objects burn up in our atmosphere on a daily basis, and considering that the moon has no atmosphere, I'd be willing to bet that the moon is pummeled by foreign debris on a daily basis at minimum.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
April 22nd is Earth Day. The day the followers of Gaia and paganism in all it's forms, celebrate the 'birth' of the Earth.

Does anyone have any knowledge/information about Eastern ideological thought on the conjunction of the crescent moon and the morning star?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Of course the Moon gets hit by Meteors, daily infact if not hourly, why'd you think its covered in craters

MBF

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I enjoy going out and watching the meteor showers. They are the best when it is a moonless night though.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am going to try to catch this one. I missed it last year and was very disappointed.

Hopefully my dad gives me his telescope!

new topics

top topics

join