It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IPCC chief slams tactics of G20 police at demo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

IPCC chief slams tactics of G20 police at demo

www.guardian.co.uk

Senior police officers face serious questions over the "unacceptable" trend of officers disguising their identity during clashes with protesters, the independent police watchdog warned yesterday, as it began formally investigating assault on a G20 protester.

The chair of the Independent Police Complaints Comm'n called for a debate over how police maintain public order and demanded much tougher accountability, warning that they were "the servants not the masters" of the people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Missouri retracts report linking militias, 3rd party candidates
Secret Homeland Security Threat Assessment Labels Gun Owners Potential Terrorists

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
With Napolitano's position exposed, and the Missouri State Police position embarassingly retracted, it take the UK to actually do something about politicization of the police and the imposition of a "police state."

Will we learn from this, or will the police use this as an example of how not to attract attention to political opporession and suppression of dissent?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Appeasement, Appeasement!

There need be no 'enquiry'! These enquiries cost a lot of money. The lawyers and law makers grow ever fatter, arguing over the finer points of the law. A report, with recommendations that in my opinion, would soon be ignored, will be published.

The 'enquiry' is a distraction. The IPCC must be seen to have taken action. All the better to perpetuate the myth that the west is governed by the rule of law administered under a system of democracy.

Police officers who have concealed their identities to protect themselves whilst they carry out illegal or criminal acts, should face due process and be penalised. Information about this should be available in the public domain. End of story.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Originally posted by teapot

Information about this should be available in the public domain. End of story.

See my links for what happens when this info is made public.

The info. is denied first, qualified next, and finally modified or withdrawn.

None of the "police agencies" face retribution for politicizing their authority. (Although the MO police director was suspended)

Our governments have decided that opposition must be criminalized, nothing less.

jw

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The police are just serial killers, and do not think they will change because they have been found to have commited a murder on tv.

The ipcc are a joke, and this is just pandering to the people. Both the police and ipcc are scum, working together in the uk, to make sure the police can kill anyone they want.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Originally posted by andy1033

The police are just serial killers, and do not think they will change because they have been found to have commited a murder on tv.

My father was a policeman for 37 years, and he was not a serial killer.

I've been involved in law enforcement for 20 years and haven't done so either. My family includes a cousin, and 3 uncles as L.E.O.s of one sort or another and not one is a serial killer.

You play into their hands with such thinking.

The problem arises when police decisions are dictated or even influenced by political policies.

It is not the policmen but the police STATE that poses the greatest threat to our lives and livelihoods!

Until we realize and act upon that, we will only be targets for political isolation and persecution.

Ignorance is the fuel of their machines. Denial and endorsement are the bullets they will turn upon us.

If you know of an instance of police state persecution, point it out. Otherwise you will be part of the "proof" they use to further justify false conclusions.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

My life has proved they are serial killers, just because you try to say they arwe not, does not make it so. How many in the police have kids, and how many of them think like you.

These people that are supposed to protect innocent people and all people for that matter from crimes, are the ones who create the crimes, and do everything they can to murder people they want to kill.

My life is a fact, and the fact they the police knew i never did anything wrong, they still set out to murder my life.

Thats definition of premeditated murder. So the police are murderers. Just because they are in police, they can organise there premeditated murder against anyone,a nd they get away with it 99.99999% of the time.

My life should of had absolutely nothing to do with them, as i never commited a crime and never would of commited a crime, but oh no, they have to absolutely destroy me as a person,a nd totally wreck my life, they where desperate loonies, trying everything to set me up, or drive me to suicide.

Police = pre meditated murderers.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Originally posted by andy1033

My life has proved they are serial killers, just because you try to say they arwe not, does not make it so. How many in the police have kids, and how many of them think like you.
My life is a fact, and the fact they the police knew i never did anything wrong, they still set out to murder my life.

Are you dead? Or, just dead to reason?

This thread is to point out that groups odf people on both sides of the Atlantic are decrying poiticization of law enforcement.

Nothing more or less.

Go to the press or your neighbor if you're scared of cops generally.

jw

[edit on 19-4-2009 by jdub297]

new topics

top topics

join