It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government (and The Queen) secretly studies crop circles & UFO connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Very interesting stuff coming out of X-Conference 2009 here in DC.

The British government has always portrayed very little interest in crop circles, it seems that was/is not actually the case.

At a conference in the Washington DC metropolitian area, famed crop circle researcher Colin Andrews revealed that the UK government has covered up the extent of official and Royal family interest in the crop circle phenomenon. There were also efforts to suppress any investigation into a connection between UFOs and crop circles. Finally, Andrews revealed how the 1987 crash of a British Harrier jet was caused by it passing through an unknown energy field created by crop circles. While the British government has released various files concerning its investigations of the UFO phenomenon, it has not released files showing the extensive investigations it has conducted on the crop circle phenomenon.

cont...

Andrews' presentation helps dispel the notion that British government interest in crop circles has been minimal and only involved a few curious pilots. In contrast, the crop circle phenomenon has been secretly investigated at the highest levels of the British government in a systematic fashion. In addition to various government spokespersons downplaying the level of official interest, the connection to the UFO phenomenon has also been deliberately downplayed. Andrews emphasized the ommission of crop circle files in recent government releases of UFO information. examin er

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
(emphasis mine)

Some very interesting links and videos on the article page.

I actually wasn't aware of the conference, I'm going to try and see if I can make it over there in the next couple of days. Maybe I'll get a scoop for you guys.

Any thoughts on this?

[edit on 19 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Here's an interesting letter from Buckingham Palace to Mr. Andrews:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/382e0de6365c.jpeg[/atsimg]

This and many many other interesting facts on this topic can be found on Colin Andrews' website.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
www.nickpope.net...

parabook.wordpress.com...

hi, cool post S&F. i put up a couple of interesting links for you.

G.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Popes website provides the "evidence" of MOD interest in crop circles. Big deal. It's essentially a statement that yeah, the MOD looked at it a bit and didn't' find anything very interesting.
www.nickpope.net...

I'd love to see the evidence about the harrier crash.

It may be a bit unfortunate that the "controversial" video from Oliver's Castle is included in the article.
www.cropcirclesecrets.org...

A lot of smoke here. Not much fire.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey, at least we found out that Her Majesty is a "believer."

Plus no one is saying that crop circles were made by aliens, all it says is that the MOD have been disingenuous about their level of interest.

Surely that will raise an eyebrow or two ...

[edit on 19 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
hmm. "Level of interest". Now that's kind of a subjective term isn't it? If the MOD had claimed no interest, that would be one thing. Did they?

Kind of cheeky asking Her Majesty for a few quid to study crop circles though.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The crop circles are probably temporary indicators that can be seen from space, like lights from an airport landing zone.

This could help orientate the aliens , like traffic jams or something.

I'm adding conspiracy to conspiracy by saying that what if Lady Diana learned about the topic and decided she would come forward to the public ? That's why she was wiped out?

[edit on 19/4/09 by MattMulder]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The letter just shows the queens intrest. if she was fully intrested, she would provide funding for research, but she isnt... she just wants to follow-up on how things are rolling along without putting her own investment in it...

Phage, im a fan of your logic, im also a fan of your "need solid proof" philosophy, which i think everyone on ATS needs... thank god your on ATS....

I have done some reading on CC's... i have yet to find how radiation left behind in some CC's are actually left there.... I have a thread somewhere...(look @ my profile, should be there somewhere) where i found an article on some MIT students trying to replicate CC's.

they apparently failed miserably.... and took out most of their equipment due to radiation contamination... (radiation has been left behind in many CC's, and even can be seen years later using a special camera, i forgot how they took it, or what they did to get the image, if i find it again, ill put it on this thread & mine.

(sigh) CC's will never ever be taken seriously, no matter who's interested in them -.-;

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well something is fishy about these crop circles that's for sure.

Many of them are of course made by morons who like to have a little fun.
But you also have crop circles where the straws are BENT and not broken and they lay in a certain degree. It is those ones who are interesting.

I've heard on a video somewhere that animals seems to avoid them as well.

Gonna see if I find that video.

Anyway, good find Dog.

EDIT: Found it. It's rather long and he talks about more than just crop circles. Fast forward to 03:30 since he plays on his....flute?

I havn't seen it all yet either, just the crop circle section and the thing before it, so I have no idea of the rest.
Video.google - Awakening to Zero Point

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here is a little bit of footage on crop circles including the lights forming them.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

That is the same video that is shown in the article which the thread is about. I features the Oliver's Castle video which is very (very) likely a hoax.
www.cropcirclesecrets.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
(sigh) CC's will never ever be taken seriously, no matter who's interested in them -.-;

Don't despair, apparently the British government took them much more seriously than previously disclosed. That in itself provides additional legitimacy to the CC phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I never used to take the circles seriously, no way to prove which where genuine and which where fake, the video includes the an interview with Dr Haselhoff, who's study was accepted in 2001 I think as scientific fact that some circles where not fakes, and as yet to be proven otherwise, I used to have a PDF of his study and results, but cant find the hard drive with them on.

I also remember the Harrier incident, was on the MSM at the time, I remember the Plane was intercepted, cruising along off the southern coast of Ireland (could be wrong about location was a long time ago) the report didn't mention the circle link however, first time I have heard about the circle and the Harrier link.

I also remember the group who came forward to say they where responsible for the circles, and I remember the investigation that followed, they went very quiet when quizzed about their locations when the circles where made.

I have no doubt many of them are fake, I also have no doubt that many are real, you have to stand in some of them to completely understand, any one who has will back me up here, the difference is incredible, like the atmosphere has been altered, stepping inside and out, you can feel the distinct difference, where as in fakes you feel nothing, took a while and many visits to actually see the differences, the feelings are instant.

I saw a documentary about several MIT students with high IQ, who where asked to reproduce some of the effects, in the end they used a microwave generator from a microwave oven, and a pyrotechnic blast to spread spheroids throughout the circle, to get those effects, they would have been seen, I have no doubt about that at all, to dismiss all circles as fake, is extremely ignorant IMO, yet you find that kind of thought every where you go, but ask them to explain the anomalies? you get a blank expression.

There are detectable differences, and nobody can deny that, whilst being honest to everyone and themselves that is, and I care not what people say, those are facts.

Too add, there are incidents of aircraft photographing several circles having difficulties over them (circles) in fact there is a Helicopter pilot, we hired just for that, who refuses to fly over them, his stories tell of several close shaves, I don't know how many pilots have had this experience, but I can find out, give me a day or two if your interested.

[edit on 19/4/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
Too add, there are incidents of aircraft photographing several circles having difficulties over them (circles) in fact there is a Helicopter pilot, we hired just for that, who refuses to fly over them, his stories tell of several close shaves, I don't know how many pilots have had this experience, but I can find out, give me a day or two if your interested.

Hi azzllin, yes we are interested.

Is there any information as to why these flying difficulties persist?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I just wanted to add this fascinating website I recently discovered relating to crop circle science:

xstreamscience.org by a guy named R. Ashby.

My apologies if this has been already provided, I just found the info contained within extremely interesting.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The British Royals have shown a keen interest in UFOs for a long time.

There is a famous incident concerning Prince Charles.

An alien wanted to meet him.

No seriously, his Equerry, Sir Peter Horsley, met with a mysterious alien named Mr. Janus who heard about Prince Charles interest in UFOs, and wanted to meet him. It never happened due to security issues, but it makes you wonder if aliens do walk among us.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

so famous , nobody knows about it........(news to me this one)

can u not provide more details, like where and how you came to know about the alleged planned meeting, MSM/inside info?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
There is good reason why the Uk officials started to take a keen interest many years (about 30) ago, and in the public eye dismissed ufos & crop circles as "not of interest" & “hoax” to discourage public interest.

There were also RAF encounters in UK air space that have now been released in the UFO files, showing unknown craft with amazing air capabilities, and even attempts to shoot them down, which as far has been revealed – always failed.

I know from a 1st hand witness, that a crop circle appeared in a highly guarded and very highly restricted military area.
What got top level attention was that the circle appeared in an area that was impossible for people to access without detection.
It was surrounded by double security fence, patrolled by guards, various motion detectors in place and also weaponry should any one enter, and monitored by camera.

Despite all this, a full blown patterned crop circle appeared in the area, avoiding all security measures (impossible for people), and on camera was suddenly not there and then there.... That got attention... security fears were raised. and real crop circles have been investigated since. Hoax ones are helpful to dismiss the issue, and have been encouraged.

I have 1st hand experience of crop circles, and it does not take long to learn the difference between hoax and genuine.

There was also a famous incident – which has now been publically revealed and reported on national TV in a documentary (I recorded it, so I have it on tape somewhere)– that Prince Phillip was curious about events, and ask his military aid to find out information for him. This led to a meeting between the aid and some strange people in a remote cottage - the aid (a top military man) was convinced that he spoke with aliens or their “ambassador” . The military went back to the cottage and investigated to find that non-one had lived there for years.... just heaping on the mystery.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Ashe 30UK
reply to post by Schaden

so famous , nobody knows about it........(news to me this one)

can u not provide more details, like where and how you came to know about the alleged planned meeting, MSM/inside info?

You know, I forgot where I first heard about it. I think it was an interview with Admiral Lord Hill Norton.

Sir Horsley wrote a book called "Sounds From Another Room" where he talks about the incident. I haven't read the book myself, but it's on my list.

What I can remember is this guy was well connected to the Royal family.
Like I said, he was Prince Charles' main advisor for a while. Somehow he was contacted and a meeting was setup I believe in London. Horsley went to the address and met a mysterious Mr. Janus who chatted with him for a few hours about UFOs and space travel etc.. Janus has heard Prince Charles was interested in UFOs, and he asked to meet with the him. And Horsely said he got the distinct feeling this Mr. Janus was reading his mind !

The craziest thing is, this Mr. Janus knew in precise detail all of the specifics of the UK's strategic nuclear weapons. Like numbers, locations, capabilities, everything...

Horsely went back to Buckingham Palace and reported his meeting, and almost immediately the officials were worried about a security leak. They took it very seriously. Horsely was a military officer and of Royal lineage himself, not some crackpot.

Get this... Horsley went back to the same location, either that day or the next, I can't remember. And the place wasn't there anymore. I mean it was, but when he was there, it was like a furnished office with I believe a secretary and everything. And when he went back to investigate further it was just a cobwebbed vacant warehouse or something.

Also there was something peculiar about the address of the meeting, but I can't remember what it was. I'm sure google could turn up more details.

It's a really fascinating story to me. And as Lord Hill Norton said in the interview, this guy Horsley was first class all the way, and wouldn't make it up or lie. I mean afterall he was the primary assistant to the future King of England.

top topics

join