It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Navy SEALS base hiding in plain sight.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Sorry to bump a old thread, but corrections need to be made.

First off, Naval Special Warfare Development Group ( aka NSWDG, DEVGRU, formally SEAL Team 6) and SEALs in general do not operate boats larger than the CRRC (Combat Rubber Raiding Craft), they have a SWCC (Special Warfare Combatant Craft Crewman) detachment, a SBT/SBU (Special Boat Team/Unit) that is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the special vessels.

Secondly, the craft in the pictures is not a Mark V Special Operations Craft. The boat in the pictures is an old NSW boat known as the "Halter HSB (High Speed Boat)", the boat was in operation mainly with SBU-12 from the late '80s to the late '90s. After the arrival of the MkV SOC, most of the NSW Halter HSBs were scraped or stripped down and sold to the general public.

If the boat in the pictures is still being operated by Naval Special Warfare, I would find it HIGHLY unlikely they would operate out of a little public boat slip, the NSW boats the MkV SOC included, are keep in Little Creek not Dam Neck. If you look on Google sat. maps @ little creek, you'll find a line of 5 MkVSOC, and some NSW RHIBS.

My speculation is that the boats in the pictures are owned and operated by a private maritime security contractor, and were bought from the Navy, hence the lack of equipment on the boats. Or the boats are operated by some OGA (Other Government Agency).

[edit on 23-5-2010 by diesel_actual]

[edit on 23-5-2010 by diesel_actual]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by diesel_actual

My speculation is that the boats in the pictures are owned and operated by a private maritime security contractor, and were bought from the Navy, hence the lack of equipment on the boats. Or the boats are operated by some OGA (Other Government Agency).

I've seen the boats coming down General Boothe Blvd from Dam neck myself. The site is also listed by the city of Virginia Beach as a SEALs boathouse. This is where the boats are kept in Dam Neck. This is DEVGRU

DEVGRU Dam Neck

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sephirothFF7
ahaha, and if you wanna get really critical, Look at the 3 or so people standing on the dock, then just to the right, there is a bit of boat, and it doesnt even seem to match the other coulor portion of the boat.

AND

if you look in the background there are Civilian Boats

The civilian boats are to hide it from actually being a Navy Seal Base......DUH !!!!!!

I mean really ?

Not so sure about the photoshopping though.....can't tell

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sephirothFF7
That clearly looks photoshoped, the Boats look like they came from Far Cry 2 IMO

Clearly? Please tell me why. I've used photoshop for almost 15 years. Did graphic design as a profession for 5. Nothing raises my "chop" sensor on this photo.

I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion so quickly.

Cheers:

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join