It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse Discrimination Case Could Transform Hiring Procedures Nationwide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
In order to eliminate descrimination in a society,majority rules have to be abolished,because that is descrimination from the very beginning.

Just because the majority thinks they need something does not give them the right to deny anything to anyone.

There are a lot of issues to be addressed in this society,and by the time it gets this far,it is too far off course already.

A nation ruled by laws,a few reasonable laws which the average layman can understand and follow,not this BS like we have here now which requires a college education in law to navigate the system....

Rediculous.

Just hire the best guy/gal for the job.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Seems to me that the USA is now getting to be a bit to racist. I was brought up in a northern home where you respect everyone, no matter what color there skin. I may have come from a white family, but we had respect for all people no matter what color there skin was.

I feel lately like I am living in Nazi territory. I am sorry but believe me I have a dog called Negra because its the spanish word for black. Yet, the blacks here in NC believe when I call her, I am saying something racist.

We were talking about it the other day and I told hubby if the blacks had there wy they would kill off all the folks that were not black, just so no one wouldnt say something racist, yet then we have to realize that not all blacks are black, so they would be killing the lighter colored blacks because they dont match the dark colored blacks.

As for the jobs I want someone that knows what they are doing, not a boss that just hires some idiot due to there skin color that will sit there and not work all day long, or that will mess the job up. I am sorry but I want quality work done not work done by an idiot just because he has a certain skin color.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

Majority race vs minority race has nothing to with the matter.

Re: the apartheid system in South Africa . The will of the minority(race) being imposed on the majority.

Racial injustice can and has been imposed by the minority race onto the majority rather often thoughout history.

Just an observation.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Well, finally someone speaks that doesn't have blinders on. That's the problem, the good ol boy network. It's not what you know but who you know. It kinda funny..no IT IS FUNNY to see the majority get worked up when they get passed over a job or something and realize it's because of their skin color. Well guess what pal, take a number and get in line. Well hell there was a survey done and it said that whites with a criminal record have a better chance of getting a job than a black person with a degree take a look at this Black Vs, White Hireings

And also this Deny Racism

Oh yea this a good read Criminal Hirings

So my question becomes..what now? The answer is easy, but BOTH sides have to being willing to do the same..let that s%&* go, just let it go damn. The problem is that some use it as a blanket to reinforce their own ideals and deny their fears.

Oh yea, standardized tests prove nothing, just ask George Bush about his No Child Left Behind program. You just regurgitate what you've been told to memorize for the test.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I hope and pray that this is the straw that breaks the affirmative action camels back. Discrimination being as bad as it is. It never made since to me to have a legally sanctioned avenue for it.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Ok let's talk about discrimination. The prison population is mostly black (39.5%) when only 12.8% of US population is black. The other leading prison population is white (34.6%) and whites are 80% of the US population. And let's not forget the hispanics, which they make 20.2% of the US prison population when they only make 14.4% of the total US population.
Source of prison demographics
Source of US population by race

And this is even worse with the death row numbers. Why is that? More poverty leading to crime? Racists cops? The ``gangbanger`` culture promoted by the mainstream medias?

You don't want racism? Raise the standard of living of poor people so they become educated and they understand that racism is retarded. So in future generations, racism will be gone. But no, we better give money to the banks! By the trillions!

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

You go by the incorrect assumption that poverty is created by lack of education and lack of opportunity.

No, it's created by laziness and idiocy, and as long as both exist, (education does NOT cure idiocy) and education cannot occur as long as there is laziness, you AREN'T going to stop anything.

You need to accept people on their MERITS, period. If a minority feels that they are discriminated against, then the qualifications of both those selected and those feeling that they were dicriminated against need to be made known, if there is not an obvious disparity of qualifications, then it is up to the employers discretion.

If two equally qualified individuals, one white and one black, go to the interview, then it is up to the employer to decide which they think is more qualified and either decision made would NOT be racial discrimination.

Only if either candidate is hired that is obviously LESS qualified would it be discrimination and if either candidate is less qualified and hired, it is discrimination, not reverse discrimination.

As to the person who posted that there is reverse discrimination, that is a ridiculous notion.

Because the person in charge of candidate selection could very well be a minority themselves regardless of the general makeup of society and might be racially biased against whatever race is the majority.

Discrimination is discrimination, reverse discrimination does NOT exist.
and it only occurs when one candidate is obviously better than the other and isn't hired.

It doesn't have to be racially motivated either, it can be because the hiring manager is the person's uncle. It would still be discrimination as long as he isn't the best qualified candidate.

If he is, or is equally qualified, it ISN'T discrimination, it choice based on individual reasons that are NOT discernible by anyone else regardless of how badly you may want to know.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Currently,they are accepting aps for the Police force in San Antonio: wonder how many of the very fit,young,and able Caucasian "just home from the Middle East" young men will be passed over for yet another round of overweight (and I mean 250 + I kid you not) Hispanic females???

I don't feel all that "safe" when the ones I see can barely get out of their cars.

Sorry if I sound a bit mean-spirited,I am all for women getting the job done but please,it's VERY obvious who gets hired in South Texas for the most part and why.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It is no more fair for the government to require us to hire a certain type/race/sex worker than it is for government to require us to pay higher than market wages by hiring only union labor (but that is what Barack Obama has required us to do in his Stimulus Bill)!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by phinubian

So my question becomes..what now? The answer is easy, but BOTH sides have to being willing to do the same..let that s%&* go, just let it go damn. The problem is that some use it as a blanket to reinforce their own ideals and deny their fears.

Oh yea, standardized tests prove nothing, just ask George Bush about his No Child Left Behind program. You just regurgitate what you've been told to memorize for the test.

Idk, my criminal records have been expunged, I don't ahve to report the alcohol violations I've had. Also, going to a prep school, I had a black student get into Yale and Georgetown over me, whom i had superior writing ability, superior SATs (about 1450 to 1330) and he wasnt "special" in any way (not overly athletic or had any sorts of interesting talents, musical or otherwise, to push him over the edge. he even admits its because of his skin color its the reason he was accepted to these universities). For the generation Y and younger, discrimination against whites is a reality. We actually do have to do more work to get into universities than others. it definitely grinds my gears.

Studying ahrd to become a CEO sucks. its kinda the path im on, and its ahrd as hell. Studying for 4.0 in HS sucked. The CPA exam sucks. the series6 is gonna suck. Gotta work hard, gotta know people. The most successful 3 kids I know my age are 2 white 1 Ecuadorian. @ whites own businesses, Ecuadorian develops software for I Phone. he didn't speak the language 4 years ago. He's real legit for his age right now.

you act like being let into the "good old boys club" doesnt mean that Im going to be working 14 hrs a day for awhile. It just means Im not a complete numbers nerd, can handle people and numbers, and that they are willing to give me a chance. They have to pay my salary after all, they aren't just giving me money because they think im a good guy. I will be producing more than my salary's worth to my employer, that's economics

Im gonna end this post, because I should be studying. Im gonna nap, so I can study more. Study Study Study Study

[edit on 19-4-2009 by vonholland]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I'd want a black guy in my house period - not if he's gotten his job handed to him on a plate without showing any aptitude or passing the right tests that qualify him to do it.

BTW - it's not just black people - now its chinks, gays, cripples, polaks...

If sucks being white. I almost wish my race had been enslaved for a few hundred years - I'd probably be able to get a better paid job and have an easy ride in life because no one would ever be allowed to give me a 'hard time' about anything.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I'd want a black guy in my house period - not if he's gotten his job handed to him on a plate without showing any aptitude or passing the right tests that qualify him to do it.

If sucks being white. I almost wish my race had been enslaved for a few hundred years - I'd probably be able to get a better paid job and have an easy ride in life because no one would ever be allowed to give me a 'hard time' about anything.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The posts in this thread are pretty sick.

America is one of the most hateful, prediced, racist, and sickest countries in the world. Unfortunately, you can't say anything about it or you risk the punishment.

These civil rights laws were intended to keep Americans from hiring only White Americans. They were also created to offset differences in test scoring that only centuries of slavery and hatred can create.

When I go to work, there's like at least a hundred white americans. Then there's the.. let's see.. one, two, three, four, five.. There's only five Black Americans (that includes me, thank you).

Largely, these white americans hate me to the death and have no problem letting me know that. Do I hate them? Well, after having enough rotten eggs thrown at me on my way home from work, and enough N-words shouted at me from passing cars, I must say that I wouldn't help them out when worst came to worst. After being a victim racism and hatred my entire life, the posts in this thread make me very sick.

Imagine your entire life, racist teachers giving you detention for no reason, hateful teachers taking points off your grades, with your single mom going through the same stuff, screaming and yelling 24/7 everyday and every night. Security guards dragging you out of malls, dragging you into back offices, and torturing you endlessly. Security guards chasing you out of malls with batons, with guns. For what? For window shopping? For just shopping?

As far as the more extreme stuff that gets done to black americans, you see it on the news (or, at least the stuff we hear about). The law is just a piece of paper, and nothing keeps me safe from the vicious hate of racist Americans. Hey, even Black Americans can be racist.

It's one thing in theory (that piece of paper we call "the law"), but it's another thing in practice (that thing we call everyday life).

America is a very sick country, where anything "out of the norm" can get you tasered or shot to death by the cops or the security guards. The law simply doesn't work here.

Since humans have such short-term memory, allow me to refresh it with these:

taseredwhileblack.blogspot.com...

taseredwhileblack.blogspot.com...

aapoliticalpundit.blogspot.com...

The list goes way too far for your limited brains, so I'm going to leave the rest up to you.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I don't trust anything from Fox News, sorry.

Wow that's cool how you typed all those spaces to get around the rules.
A clear demonstration of maturity

Since the source has nothing whatsoever to do with this issue or this thread, your post is truly meaningless.

On topic -

These Firefighters have a valid gripe. They were wronged and no amount of Racist nonsense can change that fact. Worked, sacrificed and studied and the whole time the game was rigged. Their bosses may as well have issued a memo telling them don't bother to better yourselves because we are going to throw all White Peoples tests in the garbage can.

Only a genuine Racist could possibly side against them. It will be interesting to see who does side against them.

To the majority cannot be discriminated against crowd. Minorities will soon outnumber Whites in the US. When that happens, does that mean we get the same special treatment? Or, will you suddenly change your tune?

The true Minority in the US are people who are honest, hardworking and have common sense. Everyone has an angle. Everyone wants something for nothing and special treatment. The Far Left and the Far Right both want control and both are equally insane.

We have a Black President. The Bush Administration was filled with Minorities in the highest positions in the land. The last Good Ole Boy, nearly all White Administration was Bill Clinton's ironically. When do we get around to genuine equality when our own government encourages discrimination?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutty_Rag

If you're in the UK, you don't know anything about America. No Black American in America gets handed a job on a plate. That's simply bogus.

And after being enslaved for a few hundred years, you then lose the right to vote and have use separate bathrooms and go to separate schools. Then, they change the law, and you still have separate schools and bathrooms. And still, you don't get that job handed to you on a plate.

Before you think anything else about America, stop listening to these White Americans and go to America and see it for yourself. Lets see you hustle your way past aggressive border agents with tasers, guns, and seizure lights. Lets see you get through the super tight airport security. Lets see how many buildings you take a picture of before they grab your camera.

If you don't know about it, then don't say anything.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

If you're in the UK, you don't know anything about America. No Black American in America gets handed a job on a plate. That's simply bogus.

No it isn't. It happens all the time and is absolutely rampant in all corners of industry. I know of jobs that were actually created out of thin air to get a minority into them.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by miragezero]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

in my mall exp, blacks get arrested more because they are caught shoplifting more. This goes in spite of the numbers of more white people existing in america. I dont know why you are getting dragged around the malls and getting called the N word and getting eggs thrown at you. Look at law of attraction, see if you can change that.

Guy, if you are getting that much racist attitude, move. Come to Philly, we definitely don't treat blacks that way, at least not the ones of us who arent stupidly drunk etc.

and the tasering et all, a lot of us are experiencing difficulties with the cops recently, so dont think it is just yourself. Im sure i can find on youtube every race and nationality getting tasered by the Po po.

ive gotten puleld over and told Im on drugs when Ive blown a .00 and wasnt on drugs. Go to court, I had the cop scared, and he made a deal with me. yaay.

I hear ya, but mall security and everyone working stores at malls are trianed to see if people look/act "shady." Thats the term we used when we worked, and lots of time they were the ones we caught stealing. Don't act shady. Might be times for black communities to "step up there game." No excuses in America now. get an accounting degree and a 3.2 gpa and Im sure you will find a 45k+ job. Yea its gonna be ahrd work, but the $ will be there and you can build your own life. If you want 40k a year but dont wanna work during tax season, tough love brotha or sista.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Racist teachers I know a little about that. Little whitey struggling with math didn't get any help. From African American teacher. She had all the time in the world to help the black kids but whitey nope sorry move along. Not to mention that whitey could not do anything more than breath in class or get into trouble.

Or how about a job that I had once. Where I was the minority and my supervisor never let me forget it and also gave me the crap jobs that the other 8 people in my area didn't want, that happened to be African American. I even had one of the African Americans tell me that I had a case for discrimination. The fact that the second in charge of the warehouse was African American. Out of 10 supervisors 1 was white.

MG it is on both sides. You were stereotyped by the mall security as were many whitey skateboarders suffered the same events of you. Discrimination is everywhere until stereotypes are dropped it will be ever present. When every person takes it upon themselves to better themselves you will have people crying foul because of their race. Your post being so arrogant to think that you and your race are the only people that suffer from discrimination makes me sick.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Why is it called "Reverse" Discrimination.

That to me implies discrimination is a one way road!!

Discrimination in the legal, political, and media worlds are all one way streets.

Example: Racist America: Jamie Foxx Apologizes, Don Imus Gets Fired

Jamie Foxx has apologized for the outrageous and nasty comments he made about Miley Cyrus on his Sirius show "The Foxxhole". With a movie release just around the corner, seems Jamie Foxx realized that his "go make a sex tape" tirade may have negative ramifications at the box office. Of course, that's nothing compared to what happened to Don Imus.

You all remember Don Imus, the radio jockey that labeled a group of adult black basketball players as "nappy headed hos"? Mr. Sharpton, that good ole racist SOB "reverend", had a field day with that one, demanding that Don Imus be fired. Where is Mr. Sharpton now, I wonder? Doesn't the racist label of "white b**ch" that was thrust upon 16 year old Miley Cyrus matter to him?

[edit on 4/19/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

. They were also created to offset differences in test scoring that only centuries of slavery and hatred can create.

Wait a go Jesse Jackson...

Maybe those same crappy test scores are more to do with:

Absentee fathers, perpetual drug abuse, lack of respect for women, an inherently violent culture, relying on having everything handed to you because you think you were wronged by slavery even though it happened over a hundred years before you were born.

Why should white people just doing their best to earn an honest living be passed over for jobs because of the above problems which the black community should sort out itself rather than making it everyone else's problem.

I've nothing against coloureds, but I think the black community has to acknowledge it has some serious problems (including the above) and start doing something about it rather than screaming 'racism' every-time someone tries to highlight it.

Sort out the above, test scores will go up, and young black men can get jobs on a equal footing with their 'oppressors'...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The list goes way too far for your limited brains, so I'm going to leave the rest up to you.

Let me examine your video... at time :06 suspect or whatever gets up, cop backs away, then comes back at them they argue. At time :09 SCENE IS CUT fast forward to him getting tasered... Gee...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join