It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the skeptics... why don't you believe in the bilderburg/illuminati/whatever conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Even Agnosticism? I have to disagree Ash unless you are referring to basically generic terms for the masses.

[Note from Ash: Sorry, I accidentally hit 'edit' instead of 'quote.' and botched your post.
]

[edit on 4/19/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Being an agnostic doesn't mean that you have to be close minded to committing to any belief. I am agnostic towards what I think about religion. But, I have my own perception of what people do and what religion does to people.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Originally posted by AshleyD
...unless you are referring to basically generic terms for the masses.

Yes.

But let me give this as an example. Would You classify this as 'Christian?'

[*Pretend there is a picture of a cross here*]

Would you classify this as 'Satanic?'

[*Pretend there is a picture of an inverted Pentagram here*]

Would you classify this as 'Jewish?'

[*pretend there is a picture of a Star of David here*]

Most likely, you would agree that the above images that I am too lazy to hyperlink (
) would be 'Christian, 'Satanic,' and 'Jewish,' even if you're an agnostic.

Or if someone engages in the Eucharist, you would be correct to say that is a 'Christian ritual' even if you equate God to the Tooth Fairy. Or if someone engaged in animal sacrifice and blood drinking (and they themselves were satanists), you would be correct in claiming they were engaging in a Satanic ritual.

That is what I was getting at although I do not agree with the original conspiracy theory. You could acknowledge or accuse something of being 'Satanic' without believing the in the bad dude himself.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
My response:

Have you ever needed to professionally keep a secret but had to add people to the loop....?

That's all I have to say about that.

Experience shows how utterly incapable mankind is at keeping secrets for very long or with very many people.

negligence, delusion and incompetence are almost always more likely culprits then conspiracies......well almost always.

[edit on 22/4/2009 by ForkandSpoon]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Most conspiracies contain a fraction of truth and a large dollop of pure nonsense. Classic examples of a "story" making the rounds of gossip only to come full circle and look NOTHING like the way it started out.

What kills me even more is how many people say "oh yeah, I read such-and-such on the internet....so that proves its real!" Can people really be so naive?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There is nothing to really believe in. The Illuminati, The Bilderburg, and Skull and Bones are all real societies the house government officials...like it or not. It is all very real, but the things to question are their wants, goals, and intentions. They are secret societies so secret that nobody really knows their intentions. We could only suspect, question, and analyze what we do know. Its not a matter of believing if they are real or not. If more people would realize that these secret societies are real, then we would have more people questioning and over-analyzing. Which is what exactly needs to be done, but we don't need to assume anything.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Vuoto24]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Doubt for revolves around two things. First, for a grand conspiracy to work, the parties involved have to co-operate. Given the nature of such conspiracies, I don't see those people doing that.

Second, I'm not paranoid.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I guess I'm having a hard time with it lately because... well, I see no evidence that the illuminati are any more capable of not turning everything into a cluster*#$% than anyone else... :-(

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Conspiracies are literally what history is comprised of. Humans conspire on every level, from trying to get ahead in traffic to overthrowing nations. To rule out conspiracies from history, which are basically plans made in secrect to advance goals, is flat out ludicrous.

History doesn't just ramble along. Forces conspire against eachother for dominance. Some forces are more sucessful than others, and these forces form the controllers of today. To think the wealth of the world has become so polarized, the haves and haves nots so divided, the world so highly centralized, against the free will of most, without some internal, secret planning of some kind is really just a fantasy way of looking at the world, which, interestingly, is exactly how said controllers *want* you to look at it.

What do the non conspiacy minded folk believe the wealthiest and most powerful people are doing in those highly secrect boardrooms every year? It's not frigging tiddlywinks, that much I'd hope you'd agree!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"Two MAY keep a secret, if one is dead." By the time it gets the three the chances are very slim. You'll note, please that the Russians penetrated the Manhattan Project.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join