It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ghostly green orb in a picture I took...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

A ghostly green orb in a picture I took...

[edit on 18-4-2009 by sephirothFF7]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I was just randomly taking photos around my house, and this green orb comes after I uploaded it to my computer...
I was just wondering what fellow ATSers could say about this odd "entity" if I can infact call it that?

The only photoshoping I did was on the paint program under acessories. I clearly added A box describing, taking out nothing of the photo. Also a red box showing where the green orb stands or floats or whatever you wanna call it...

files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26cea9808191.jpg[/atsimg]][atsimg]files.abovetopsecret.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It was your great grandfather trying to scare you to prevent you from taking and posting anymore myspace mirror pictures...

Didn't work I see!

I'm a firm believer in a lot of things, but unless there is video of an orb moving, this, IMHO, is another very close out of focus piece of dust!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
im sorry but i would also have to say that your "orb" is nothing more than an artifact created by the reflection of the flash in the mirror.

you should know better than to post your picture on ats.
pretty soon you'll have spooky guys in sunglasses and suits on your doorstep.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The "orb" you are seeing is a part of the reflection of your flash on the mirror you were standing in front of.

In other words, what you have here is a nice example of lens flare.

Here are a few more pictures that show the same thing that is in your picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ec4d6f90f4a.jpg[/atsimg]

With this second one, the flares were photoshopped in but it still serves as a good example of what lens flare looks like

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5899e67368e5.jpg[/atsimg]

and last but not least, another mirror pick containing a lens flare
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca3f68197985.jpg[/atsimg]

Unfortunatley all you have is a nice example of lens flare. Thank you for sharing with us though.

EDIT TO CORRECT A FEW TYPO's

[edit on 18-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tOrnaDo_pHett

pretty soon you'll have spooky guys in sunglasses and suits on your doorstep

lmfao, are you reffering to the infamous, MIB?

whatevs.

gimme_some_truth

ahh, thanks for providing examples and an explanation, that makes much sense. Now what if I took more photos, and strange things continued to show up? (just speaking hypothetically). Would you simply disclaim then all as strange dust?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sephirothFF7

gimme_some_truth

ahh, thanks for providing examples and an explanation, that makes much sense. Now what if I took more photos, and strange things continued to show up? (just speaking hypothetically). Would you simply disclaim then all as strange dust?

No, not neccasarily. My analysis depends on the individual photo. I am a believer in ghosts having seen them myself,for the record. I try to be as unbiased as possible though when looking at a photo of what some one might suspect is ghost related.

Hopefully my analysis, shows that. Bottom line is, no I would not dismiss any and all photos as dust/fake etc... I would not say they were all ghosts either. I will tell you exactly as I feel. Even if I don't know I will even say that.

I hope that answers your question satifactorily

Also you are more than welcome for my analysis of your photo
Thank you for taking the time to share it with us!

peace and love

GST

[edit on 18-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
It was your great grandfather trying to scare you to prevent you from taking and posting anymore myspace mirror pictures...

Didn't work I see!

I'm a firm believer in a lot of things, but unless there is video of an orb moving, this, IMHO, is another very close out of focus piece of dust!

I agree, that is why this photo is nearly a year old.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well i guess these guys already debukned it before i could get here.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracySquid7
Well i guess these guys already debukned it before i could get here.

Ha, You have got to be faster than that around here my friend! With the smartest group of our kind, in the world, things move very quickly around here!

See you around!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
^^^^ thanks man for the input.

new topics

top topics

join