It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Egyptian Great Pyramid be the true Mt Sinai?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daersoulkeeper

Thats not nice, and it's not on topic. Even if you don't agree with someone, you should state why you don't agree with them not go on a rant and call them names. Please respect the thread and the OP even if you believe something different.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
byrd,

this happens alot. like sitchin claiming wormwood is nibiru. he ignores the rest of the information, such as the size of the thing, the context of the setting. what happens next, etc. i don't mind metaphor or symbollic translation but just taking out one idea and ignoring the rest, that seems like exceedingly prejudice research

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Osman, the Egyptologist and biblical historian goes to great length to demonstrate how much of the Old Testament integrates Egyptian history and mythology. The Sinai Peninsula was like an adjacent functional Alaska to Ancient Egypt. The monotheistic pharoah, Ikhnaten, was exiled there with his followers.

Moses was raised in pharaoh's palace. The claim he was of Hebrew origin is a natural revision to distance him from his heritage.

Because of the sensitivities of Biblical scholars and their unwarranted adherence to reconciling the accepted animosities and separateness of Egypt and the the Hebrews, this line of thinking is not embraced.

Heresy to consider Israelites and Egyptians as one people but grown apart due to politics and loyalties.

But substantial supporting evidence , including even DNA evidence.

Mike

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
- The similarities between Moses and the Egyptian Osiris are undeniable. Etymologically, the word 'Moses' has its roots in the combining of the Egyptian word 'Mou' - meaning water, and 'eses' - meaning those who are saved. Thus 'Mou-eses' translates as 'saved from water'. Osiris was rescued from water by Isis.

You might want to rethink that connection and read more on the story of Osiris. Osiris was a god, married to his sister, betrayed and killed by his brother, cut into 13 pieces which were recovered (except for his genitals). His wife then uses a magic spell to reanimate him (after she carves a set of genitals from wood for him) and then has marital relations with him and gives birth to a son. Osiris, reanimated, becomes the god of the dead.

I don't see much correspondence with Moses there.

You might also note that the Masons (like many "secret societies" of the 1700's) made up the story of Hiram Abiff and the temple of Solomon to give some importance to their order. At that time period (King Solomon ... there has not been any hard evidence of this king or when he ruled), people had no last names. You were "Joseph from Jerusalem" or "Miriam from Nazareth." Kings and nobility had more than one name, but these were generally in the form of titles ("Lord of Heliopolis" is one of Tutankhamen's names). There are other things in that story that also point to its being a 18th century fabrication.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

The Jews moved into the promised land after Moses' death. There was no appreciable Jewish population in Cairo in historic times.

Moses is buried on Mt. Sinai, not in a huge shrine.

From the Egyptian side, it's even more problematic. Giza isn't one pyramid -- there are at least nine plus chapels and a huge graveyard. The pyramids are named (the Great Pyramid is "Khufu's Ahket"), as recorded by Herodotus and none of the Egyptian traditions of that area is vaguely Jewish. In order to "climb Mt. Sinai/GP" the thing would have had to be there already, and I can't see the Egyptian priests (and the people around the countryside) allowing 10,000 Jews to go marching up the slick, polished limestone side of a huge monument just to go stand at the top and gawk.

I'm sorry if this seems to diverge from the topic. Serious biblical scholars, including but not limited to the aforementioned Osman, and many from advances schools like Thomas L. Thomson, have concluded that the story of Moses was constructed probably during the Babylonian Captivity, if not much later.

It was done by people trying to synthesize divergent myth cycles from more than one culture. Their knowledge of both geography and history of the period being written about was sorely lacking.

Essentially, we have here the same pitfall biblical scholars have fallen into for centuries. Trying to rationalize mythical stories to actual places and events.

Hard news to accept for many - no evidence of from external sources of Israelites en masse in Egypt or a mass exodus. No evidence of a leadership from exile by an Egyptian royalty raised raised person into the Sinai for 40 years.

Mike

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by innerinfinity
I found this article to be very interesting hope you do to.

Mt Sinai Discovered
By Ralph Ellis

The bible, from what I have found, is never about land because people are the land.

When ever a mountain is being spoken of, it is in reference to a family of people, not about specific individuals as God doesn't care about the individual personality Him being all people, but he does honor those who do his will which is to live healthy and reproduce...this is called the "son of man" as clearly as it is stated.

Mt, Sinai is speaking of Asia, more specifically China. China is no doubt a mountain of people. The are the Kings of the east.

Sinai
comb. form meaning "Chinese," 1879, from L.L. Sinæ (pl.) "the Chinese," from Ptolemaic Gk. Sinai, from Arabic Sin "China," probably from Chinese Ch'in, name of the fourth dynasty of ChinaSinai

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by we_the_racist

Russian already discovered the tomb of Alien Humanoid in Egypt

Take it from someone whose been there and done that.

After the 500th breakthrough report of concealed proof of alien existence in: Ancient Tombs, secret government files, hidden military installations, on the moon, the back alley of Walmart, you will become skeptical.

Mike

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
interesting article. Enjoyed reading it and it gave a lot of thought.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

HAHA, thats the coolest pic ever, whered ya meet kevin smith at?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Hit the nail on the coffin in my opinion.

That Documentary MischeviousElf, it's very good and I'm currently half-way throughout. There does seem to be a cover up.

Thanks for sharing. Much appreciated.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I haven't watched the video yet, but this link seems to go along with what I have read here. It's a movie that has yet to be released. Really nice site and it looks to be very interesting. Since we can't watch it, there's no way to know what they have concluded. I have been waiting for this flick for a year or so now, I do hope it comes out sometime before the end of the world.

Exodus Conspiracy

Here's a link to a book of the same name. I have it but I can't remember, for the life of me, what the conclusions of this book were. I was looking for anything about the book when I found the movie. It's not connected to the movie, just the same name.

Th e Exodus Conspiracy

Sorry if this is too much of a derail. I've been sitting on this movie for a long time and hadn't really had the chance to put it up. I had wanted to wait and start a thread on it when it came out but it hasn't been released. I'm wondering if it ever will, to be honest.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think there is a lot of information regarding pyramids that we are not aware of....yet.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The G. Pyramid is absolutely not Mt. Sinai! The real Mt. Sinai is Jabel El Lawz in Saudi Arabia. The info. is all on youtube.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is the dumbest theory I've ever heard in my life.

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

edit on 26-8-2019 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I can honestly tell you that the Great Pyramid of Giza is not Mount Sinai.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join