It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa! Interesting Video About Population Reduction!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow.
Fabulous post.

Nobody is talking about forcing population reduction by sterilization or killing. Lets start with education, medical assistance, and food relief. We really need to be able to take care of the people we already have before we can even consider expanding an already massively overpopulated planet.

Agreed!

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Wonderfull presentation there
but I really believe that you are viewing the facts in exactly the way how the Elites want you to see it.....You mite want to go through the above thread to actually get some idea as to exactly what is going on......
How do these websites arrive at such an accurate number anyway...u mean to say that they actually register deaths and births exactly...? Heck NO! There are a lot of people I know who do not register deaths and just let go off it as the person is dead.....How can there be a population crisis when soo many people are dying in front of you...Like the 9/11 followed by fighting in Afganisthan, Iraq War, Chechen rebels fighting, Israel Palestine conflicts, PAk internal war, LTTE being gunned down in Srilanka, many dying in Africa due to food shortage, Tsunamis...these are the events that have taken place just after the millenium.....If you want to know other prime events in the last century, WW1, WW2, Gulf War, Iran - Iraq war took place twice, Saddam's crushing of the rise of the Kurds and many more.....
There are quite a lot of free spaces if you ask me in places like Canada, GreenLand, IceLand, South America, Africa, Australia.....I truly believe that you are believing what you are being made to believe...There are many things that we are unable to find answers for like why is the economy receeding....I know that America with the support of other nations went to war in Iraq but its also getting support in terms of oil and
I do see a Central bank but still the economy continues to receed and that too its taken its toll after the Bush Admin left office, any answers...?
By the way, America WAS made by immigrants and IS made by immigrants. The people originally from that place are the Red Indians or the native Americans...so why bring about the issue of immigration all of a sudden....?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

MASSIVE FAIL

That is not a fact; it is speculation and misdirection on your part which isn't surprising considering the propaganda you have been fed.

They were real life flesh and blood human beings not propaganda!

Some times a picture is worth a thousand words

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Today is Earth Day.

And no matter what desecration man throws at her she shall endure to again bring forth life.

This thread is about a conspiracy that food additives that are dangerous to human health being a policy for depopulation that is currently being pursued by 'them'.

The reason why some fear organised population control is that this has already been tried in China. The Chinese government introduced the policy in 1979. As I understand it, the policy is still active but there is a little leeway for those able to afford it. As I can't recall where I read this, I've no proof to offer.

The policy was enforced at all levels of government and involves intrustion in peoples' private, intimate and family lives. And because the policy was so rigidly enforced, those unable to afford it (by and large families in rural areas) were forcibly aborted. The only way to ensure that parents do not have to suffer such agony as their government aborting their wanted children, is forced sterilisation. (I do not know if forced sterilisation has ever been carried out in China.)

This thread has mentioned that the populations of both China and India should be controlled. Human families exist all over the world and I am fairly certain that not many of them will welcome interference in such personal family matters as, if a child is wanted or not.

Concern about overpopulation is both a lack of trust in the planet and the impulse to compete for resources. If the conspicuous overconsumption of resources by some were addressed, then knowledge about shortages experienced by others, would not bite so hard.

No one, individual or sovereign state, has the right to control the fertility of another.

Other factors cause mass starvation. Greed and corruption of those in power is often involved (social and political).

Other factors cause desertification. Earth takes life and terraine and resources from the Sun. I am no astro head, but changes in the Sun and her 'weather patterns?' directly affect life on Earth. And reforestration is good, honest labour!

The Earth has her own checks and balances and shall endure. Even after man has all but destroyed her through war. But that's another story. Or is it?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Oh come on Earthday is a day to reflect on what we have done to her and maybe we can stop with all the BS

Great post SLAYER

[edit on 22-4-2009 by ladycody]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I could not have presented that better slayer thanks for your hard work.

I do not have the time to go into this hard at the moment but I believe we are in a situation where the planet is on the verge of decimation and getting to the point of no repair no return scenario.

Our Earth can not support the present population and our energy sucking ways much longer unless we find a alternative energy source which we all know is available but lock away in the Military and Corperate archives.

Earth is on the verge of self cleaning and if that comes to pass it will not good for us or a pretty sight?

Regards. BDU

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ladycody

Yes we should reflect on how we impact on the Earth. There is no denying that man is a dirty pig, polluting the Earth with chemicals in the food we eat, in our water supplies, spewing effluence into the seas and into the air, tearing down ever more forests to create ever more commodities to be sold.

The propaganda, telling us that the Earth cannot sustain us and therefore we should be reduced; culled through deliberate chemical poisoning, as potrayed in the OP videos? Through scare mongering that the only way for us all to have enough, is if there is less of us?

The Earth is alive and shall endure.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Awesome post Slayer

I agree... i think we cannot ignore this serious issue.
It is getting worse all the time and people need to be aware of it.

The thing is.....people live in crowded enough cities and communities as it is.
If perhaps, we could spread everyone out across the globe evenly and give everyone the room and natural environment they need.... then perhaps we could deal with overpopulation, as this is NOT the case... we just simply can't deal with it.

You stated a good case mate and i can't see the other person coming back with anything better than that

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
On the contrary I have asked for concrete numbers that support this myth and you respond with further conjecture and again fail to supply ANY proof for this hypotheses. I agree I dismissed unsupported claims for they are just that unsupported! Simply stating that you based it on “independent Sources” Yet fail to supply these sources should be dismissed and there for it becomes an “opinion” rather than “proof”.

As i tried to say the last time you did not seem to be familiar with the worlds population growth as projected by the US census Bureau and the UN. For the world population to reach 9- 10 billion the world must be able to support them as these projections include the scientifically estimated mortality numbers for all countries and how they are likely to be affected by the changing environment or 'mass starvation' and such things. Clearly this implied logic was entirely wasted on you so perhaps i will have to approach this from a very different angle.

Well at 6.8 Billion people we have gotten off to a wonderful start.

Yes we have. More people should in practice mean more people to participate in creating better living conditions for everyone. The more people there is the more we can in theory do to protect the environment or , as corporate capitalism apparently dictates, destroy it. To prove that overpopulation is a 'problem' in the corporate capitalist system ( you need only so many slaves to make you fantastically rich before they just get too hard to control) is not hard to do but that was not my question when i asked how more people is logically a bad thing for the environment.

As for all the pictures i appreciate the effort you clearly went to and i agree that i form a very accurate representation of what our current economic system results in for both the environment and the vast majority of the worlds population.

Again it doesn't have to be this way and even with the destruction it causes the world population will keep rising proving that the environment can and will support additional billions of people. Remember that the same people and agencies who are discussing overpopulation today were discussing it decades ago and painted a FAR bleaker picture for the year 2000 than turned out to be the case.

I can see here that we have a very real need for a reading comprehension course. If you can show me and everyone else reading this where I have advocated “Killing or Sterilizing” please by all means do so.

Well that's why i didn't say you said it and instead made it clear that that was the norm of those who discussed the population 'problem'. I may have my faults but reading comprehension is not something i am very worried about. Either way i am confident that it wont take long to expose the fact that you think exactly the same way as the killing&sterilizing mob does as it's their propaganda your basing your illogical propagandist arguments on. Not your fault for having been misinformed but certainly your responsibility to learn from your mistakes.

Now can we continue with a frank, honest and open discussion about the real threats instead of more fear mongering with no data to support it?

Well i would appreciate that but since you seem only interested in playing on emotions ( how many pictures do you have?) i doubt the frankness, honesty or openess will be coming from the side of the person arguing that there is too many people on the planet and that we have to do something about it. If we can't start solving the problem by 'doing something about you' i am against any measures other than allowing the worlds poor to live like we do so that populations can start declining everywhere as they are doing in the developed world.

They were real life flesh and blood human beings not propaganda!

Sure they are flesh and blood but flesh and blood people are and have been dying for the same old reasons for a very very long time indeed. Why you think these pictures can be made or are evidence that people are dying as result of 'overpopulation'? Are people starving in the densely populated Japan , a country whuch has so few natural resources? Where is the logic in arguing that the environment can not support the people when Japan, and most of the world, is doing pretty well? Do you understand that the argument should be expanded to include the fact that sufficient food is thrown away in the west ( not even what spoils, just thrown away) to easily feed the worlds two billion poorest? Did you choose not to mention that reality of where you simply ignorant of it? Do you know what segment of the worlds arable land is being used to raise cotton, tabacco and other 'cash crops ( that poor countries need to plant despite their starving citizens to pay foreign debts) and how easily a much larger world population could be fed if we simply planted food there? In fact how much of the worlds remaining arable land is in use and how many more could we feed if we cultivated it all?

AGAIN
Nobody is talking about forcing population reduction by sterilization or killing.

You may not but then you by no means the norm. Feel free to investigate what the norms in this type of normally racist discussions is before judging my reading comprehension.

Lets start with education, medical assistance, and food relief. We really need to be able to take care of the people we already have before we can even consider expanding an already massively overpopulated planet.

Starving people do not need to be educated as much as national puppet governments and corporations just need to stop exploiting them to death , for a few extra cents worth of profit, before moving on to the next poor people to slowly work them to death too.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but can you supply me and the thousands of readers out there any proof for these claims? I know I'm still one for concrete evidence.

What thousands of readers? Do you think this is theater? Do you see me posting pretty pictures to draw attention? As for 'sources' perhaps i can just employ your circular logic method and post your photos of starving people as evidence; could you prove otherwise? How else do you think people end up starving in a world that is clearly awash with a hundred billion pounds of wasted food in just the United States of America? If those starving masses happened to be lucky enough to be miraculously transplanted to North America ( like those millions of Mexicans) they would live pretty well and NOTHING about the environment would have been changed or additional stressed. It's not that world is 'overpopulated' but that human life, under our current economic system, is worth only as much as it's ability to generate profit for international corporations. Since these poor people mostly lacks everything but farming skills they are of no use to the capitalist who drove them off their farm land to get their nice, 'profitable' mining operations going.

Human Population

Exponential growth also applies to the the human population. It begins growing very slowly, but over generations the growth rate increases more and more rapidly, similar to a snowball affect. It took the human population thousands of years to reach 1 billion in 1804. However, it took only 123 years for us to double to 2 billion in 1927. The population hit 4 billion in 1974 (only 47 years), and if we continue at our current rate, the human population will reach 8 billion in 2028. Doubling from our present count of 6.6 billion to 13.2 billion will have a much greater impact than our last couple doublings combined.

More circular reasoning; there must be a population crisis because human population numbers are increasing. Why do North Americans, Europeans, Russians, the Japanese, the Chinese and so many others now live better than we all did a hundred years ago despite the fact that world population has nearly tripled in that time? There is NO logical in the argument that there MUST be a population crisis because there happens to be more humans.

As for the bolded part the impact we have on your environment will probably get very much worse IF humanity can not overwhelming turn against and disband the current world economic order. Technologies have been available for at least a century ( no aliens involved) that could have prevented much of our current pollution problems if only our economic system could turn a profit of it. It's the profit motive that is destroying this planet; not the people or the number of them.

Wikipedia

Overpopulation is a condition where an organism's numbers exceed the carrying capacity of its habitat. In common parlance, the term usually refers to the relationship between the human population and its environment, the Earth.[1]

So then the world isn't overpopulated as we are not all starving or soon likely to face starvation. So much for that argument. Overpopulation was used to discuss what happens to ANIMALS and to even introduce the term when highly intelligent human beings are involved exposes much of the authors/commentators way of thinking about humanity.

Continued

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Overpopulation

Since Earth Day 2008, an estimated 80 million people have been added to the planet. That's approximately 150 people a minute, or about 6.6 million people every month. Think of it as adding a city roughly the size of Chicago, Hong Kong or Hyderabad, India - every single month. World population now is 6.8 billion. This growth in human population, coupled with unprecedented human activity (use of natural resources and rapid economic growth), is unsustainable.

Unsustainable how? Why is the world population growing if it isn't 'sustainable' and thus possible? Do they mean that the world population wont be able to exceed the numbers now reached without crashing at some point in the near future? Why hasn't happened yet; why is this 'crashes' always somewhere in the future that never seems to come? What is meant with this term 'unsustainable' when i just proved how we could easily feed ( by far the largest problem) all the people currently on the planet by just collecting what is wasted by the 'rich'?

In closing next time you think about posting a picture of starving child i suggest you post one of a malnourished street child or beggar somewhere in the US that might actually show people that 'sustainability' is not a question of shortages of food and other resources but a question of ownership and distribution.

Stellar

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
I could not have presented that better slayer thanks for your hard work.

I agree.

I do not have the time to go into this hard at the moment but I believe we are in a situation where the planet is on the verge of decimation and getting to the point of no repair no return scenario.

And would you believe me if i told you that you think that becuase that is what you are being told? Has all this corporate propaganda ( global climate change) prevented them from polluting the air we breath and the water we must drink? Did anyone of us ask for these polluting industrial ways so we could save a few tens of cents on the products we buy from them? In fact don't they keep their prices high even when they employ nearly slave labor in asian countries? Don't you understand that the same corporations who we never asked to pollute this world isn't about to change their ways and will rather paint the ever busy consumers as the root of the problem?

Obviously you are free to feel guilty and commit suicide to save the planet but i am going to stick around and see what i can do to inform others about what we really need to do to preserve our environment.

Our Earth can not support the present population

It is, it will continue to.

and our energy sucking ways much longer unless we find a alternative energy source which we all know is available but lock away in the Military and Corperate archives.

It's not really locked up and if you search on ATS or on the net you will find that even solar and wind and hydro power ( to say nothing of the century old vacuum energy extraction technologies) will probably be sufficient if only we could get our government to do that instead of build weapons of war.

Earth is on the verge of self cleaning and if that comes to pass it will not good for us or a pretty sight?

Regards. BDU

The Earth has survived far worse than what we are doing to it as previous mass extinctions ( cometary impacts most likely) can easily show you if you care to look. There is very little we can do to 'ruin' this planet in the long term other than making it quite a harsh environment for ourselves to survive it. Life as we know it ( sans many land mammalian species) will go on long after we have done our worse and or abandoned the planet for the next one.

Basically my advice is to save yourself , by becoming informed about who pollutes the planet, and why, so as to best stop them, and stop worrying about a planet that couldn't care less about you or the survival of your species; the planet is not your friend.

Stellar

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I don't need to take anyone's word for it. The proof is all around you. If you think that all the worlds problems will simply go away if the population is considerably reduced, then you are seriously mistaken. The governments will still be corrupt and influenced by greedy immoral corporations with their lust for power & wealth People's attitudes will no doubt still be the same, so how will reducing the population help?

You make some interesting & valid points in your posts, but I can so easily turn it around to support my stance. Deforestation, desertification, air pollution and global warming have nothing to do with the over population. They would still exist even if the population was cut in half.

It's mainly ignorance, greed & corruption that's responsible for these things. Companies and corporations consume huge amounts of resources; considerably more than they actually need. The reason they do this is obvious. It's called greed and their lust to become more powerful and more wealthy. Also look at how much grain, seeds, food etc is stored away in warehouses all over the world; most of which usually ends up being wasted.

Most of the the resources on this planet are used up to create things that we don't even need and it's being done out of sheer greed & ignorance. The goal of most humans (capitalism) is simply to become more powerful & wealthy at the expense of humainty and our precious planet Earth, or what's left of it.
It's people's attitudes that needs to change, so enough of this over population nonsense.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join