It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa! Interesting Video About Population Reduction!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mek-Tech

When there is enough people on the planet, the planet itself will decide what to do.
For millions of years the planet has looked after itself and when ever a population grew to large, the planet thinned them out all by itself.

This is survival of the fittest and natural selection which many here love.

well, let us let nature take it's course and not let anyone tell us when and if we can reproduce.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminottie
reply to post by baseball101

For about 20 years I've had this so called IBS and believe me I've had every test and thrown 10's of thousands away trying to find the cause of my illness, only to be told it's all in my head and I need to see a shrink.

You see IBS is being diagnosed the exact same way Peptic ulcer's where before they discovered that a bacterium called Helicobacter pylori was the cause off the ulcer, before this discovery it was believed that stress was the cause and now there saying the same thing about IBS, as far as I'm concerned it's nothing but a cop op

u have to be on anti candida diet no sugar or grains and clean clean your bowels i use yerba prima cleanse every 4 months for 2 months at the time u need to clean your organs. mercury needs to be chelated from your body or u always have symptoms see mercola.com for mercury removal protocol
get the reverse osmosis filter to filter out fluoride and prescription drugs
cheers

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
Actually most projections by relevant agencies shows a world population stabilizing and starting to decline in 10- thirty years depending on high or low end data sets. There is little chance that there will ever be 'hundreds of trillions' ( or even tens of billions) on this planet even thought i believe the planet could easily and sustainably be home for many more billions.

Again

Let's see some concrete figures on these supposed "Projections" and who did the studies. I've heard somebody say on another one of these "overpopulation is a myth" disinfo threads that the earth can handle up to 20 or 25 billion, even if that is so I don't want to live in a concrete and steal jungle.

I love the mountains, Trees and wide open spaces.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

I find that a bit nutty, for that to be the answer requires a serious lack of imagination. If we focused on being effecient, everyone could survive here. And with new technology it wouldn't be a problem. Like Helium 3, if we could get that going people could grow their own food anywhere in the world with UV lamps. And 2000 people? why that low, it doesn't even make sense. We don't need population reduction, all we need is God. Do you trust God-less people making these decisions? I sure don't.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Again

Let's see some concrete figures on these supposed "Projections" and who did the studies.

It's like the internet doesn't exist and google is just a funny word 'geeks' use. How did you even find ATS Slayer!

en.wikipedia.org...

I should have added that wikipedia clearly doesn't yet exist in your world.
Feel free to give te five dozen sources cited there there a read ( or just the article) as it goes a long way towards explaning why world populations are still rising at all.

www.census.gov...

I've heard somebody say on another one of these "overpopulation is a myth" disinfo threads that the earth can handle up to 20 or 25 billion, even if that is so I don't want to live in a concrete and steal jungle.

Overpopulation is a problem inherent in exploitative corporate capitalism ( concentration of wealth does not allow for sharing) but there are other systems that will allow tens of billions to live with all the neccesities and many of the luxuries have grown accustomed to. I understand that is a very vague sounding claim but i know this thread will go on ( doomers can't be made to see sense or light) so i will very probably have ample time to elaborate.

I love the mountains, Trees and wide open spaces.

Right and there is no reason why we can't have plenty of that while maintaining modern living standards. The population and urban sprawl we see today are all largely results of the economic system we have been forced into and is most certainly not a inherent result of human population growth.

Stellar

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

Posting population figures from known internet sources does not support your "Theory, Speculation and Opinion" that the world can support a larger population

I'll ignore your obvious high opinion of your self and condescending tone.
Let's started quoting some real concrete figures that support this hypothesis.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The problem is that it isnt the present population alone that accounts for the poisoning and depletion of natural resources, its been going on over for a very long time....like from the time man has been on earth and been using all its resources and producing waste as well to contaminate the earth....Why is the current population alone responsible for creating toxicity.......?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

That's off topic and unrelated to my question nice try though.

The facts are that nobody can say for certain that the Earth can support a larger population with out destroying it's life sustaining abilities. By 2050 as mentioned in the www.wikidia.com link posted above we will be at or around 9.1 Billion even though those numbers reflect a projected drop by .3 billion that is still a staggering increase over present levels by over 3 Billion more. There are millions dying from starvation and disease right now. One could surmise what is in our future and if you think people are fighting and waging war now over simple things wait until we reach the point of fighting over oil and food.

Technological advancements aside the Earth needs a break ever since the first Industrial revolution we have been hell bent on mowing down the forests and polluting the rivers, lakes and oceans not to mention massive over fishing. Now we have China and India coming right up behind the US and Europe with their "Industrial" Expansions and on projected scales that will
dwarf what the west has done over the past 150 years or so. If you think we have it bad now just wait around in 40 to 50 years to find out if I'm wrong! Because I sincerely hope that I am.

One last thing lets leave all the rhetoric about the Evils of corporate greed and religion out of this. We purchase what is available to us so we are the ones to blame not the ones providing services and People will believe in what ever higher power they choose to. One has nothing to do with the other.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Talking about "Higher Powers", this is a better answer about the truth of depopulation www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think birth control is awesome. But eventually we will just run out of resources. Probably before we can figure out a solution.

I always though that disease is the best way to reduce population, but stupid intelligence also means that we get mad when people that we love die.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Amazing. The actual way they had to keep the last few billion from mounting was readily known to all of them, from their vast studies of governments and programs throughout the world, just like they know their conservative, lack of good programs, dog eat dog style of captilistic democracy costs more money that a social democracy does, through many government sponsored studies. These guys aren't clueless and making mistakes, but are diabolitcal psychos.
Populations are kept low, and even shrinking such in Canada, and others, who only grow with immigration, something that used to be released every year with statistics reports and various government reports and put on the news, in countries that look after their people. In other words, first world nations, countries that equalize the wealth, have good middle class systems, good health care, services for women. Yes, those ones.

Surprising and shocking that the leaders of these same countries didn't think they should encourage the rest of the world to become equal citizens, and instead dismantled many a fledging democracy to put a fascist regime in its place, and this is but the tip of the iceburg.

Its their problem. I think they should volunteer to leave this planet, and all their neocon supporters, and all those who follow them so theres more for the rest of us. We just need to have good proportional democracies such as the Scandinavian countries springing up everywhere to solve the rest.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel

Talking about "Higher Powers", this is a better answer about the truth of depopulation www.abovetopsecret.com...

Speculation and misdirection.

The fact of the matter is that we need to control population growth nobody is talking about forcing population reduction here on another sovereign country but that they themselves should police their own population growth to be within sustainable levels.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Honestly, think again about population reduction. We as beings here on earth have no one agenda to wipe out the earth. Personally its a ploy to get us off the topic of what we are really made to do. Spread out amongst the stars. To keep a few in charge here to rule over the leftovers after wiping out 90% of the population would be a waste of time and energy. Why would GOD allow for such folly to happen? Why bring in all these souls to experience life here on our planet only to be enslaved and wiped out.
Why worry so much about your life here and just start enjoying it now before you naturally have to leave anyway
(you may get lucky and score a ride to the stars)

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Here Now
Honestly, think again about population reduction. We as beings here on earth have no one agenda to wipe out the earth.

Doesn't have to be an Agenda, Just a very real result from lack of self control
Next...

Personally its a ploy to get us off the topic of what we are really made to do. Spread out amongst the stars.

Yes. We will get there anyway has nothing to do with starvation do to a lack of resources from an already over strained food supply.
Next...

To keep a few in charge here to rule over the leftovers after wiping out 90% of the population would be a waste of time and energy. Why would GOD allow for such folly to happen?

I dont know, I cant speak for him, I'm not God. Why don't you ask him yourself.
Next...

Why bring in all these souls to experience life here on our planet only to be enslaved and wiped out.

Again nobody is talking about exterminating or reducing already existing beings but self control instead of over breading.
Next...

Why worry so much about your life here and just start enjoying it now before you naturally have to leave anyway
(you may get lucky and score a ride to the stars)

Nice

Who let Mary Poppins in?

[edit on 21-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Yes about 150,000 years ago humans almost became extinct on earth, due to some cataclysm that had taken place.
There were only about 5000 people left alive, this explains why we do not have the diversity in our genes that would have been expected.

There are probably a great many occurances that have take place on Earth over time, the one spoken of was likly one of the worst for humans.

The Germans did some millions if you believe written history, and the plague I guess that one did alot.

The Spanish flue I have read killed as many as 300 million, numbers are kind of vague. I think in part due to unknow numbers varified in the third word countries.

If the Bird flue gets going, which is some strain of Spanish flue I guess it could take out 2 billion, then they only have to figure a way to get rid of another 3 1/2 billion to get the desired numbers.

Were all doomed , Doomed I Say.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Posting population figures from known internet sources does not support your "Theory, Speculation and Opinion" that the world can support a larger population

But it does at least set a standard for what we are speculating about when you displayed no knowledge of current of projected population growth numbers. My claims about the world being able to support a much larger population were made independent of the sources you seemed to have dismissed outright.

Ill ignore your obvious high opinion of your self and condescending tone.

Or you could attempt to prove that you do in fact know more than i think you don't. Either way discussing my 'condescending tone' independent of showing actual evidence for this 'unsustainable' world population wont prove much.

Let's started quoting some real concrete figures that support this hypothesis.

Well lets start with you explaining and or proving that there is any logical threat to the human species are result of mere overpopulation. Please show that such a problem is independent of the current Socioeconomic and political systems; that more human beings is the root problem and not how our system forces us to interact with our environment.

When you have shown that there is logical reason for worry i will do my part to show how it can be addressed without killing or sterilizing anyone other than those who were advocates of such stupidly/ignorant , very probably racist measures.

Speculation and misdirection.

I have already prepared myself to hear you claim that very often....

The fact of the matter is that we need to control population growth

That is not a fact; it is speculation and misdirection on your part which isn't surprising considering the propaganda you have been fed.

nobody is talking about forcing population reduction here on another sovereign country

You may not be but that is in fact the norm; people want to get rid of the 'poor' in their own countries and all those 'coloured' pathetic folk in other countries. If i were to agree with population reduction i would want to start by 'reducing' from the top as the wealth and control of resources freed in this way could easily feed tens or hundreds of thousands at the bottom.

but that they themselves should police their own population growth to be within sustainable levels.

And given that most of the countries with the starving and the poor masses are virtually run by the IMF and other western agencies ( due to 'loans' that were made to mostly western puppets/dictators) isn't it obvious who they wish to cull and sterilize? Why cull or sterilize those who are already actively or passively helping these western agencies ( minorities in all countries but mostly those of the US and western Europe) to bring about the destruction of the 'excess' ( those not needed to exploit the Earth and further concentrate wealth) population of this planet?

You may be truly ignorant of their stated aims but not all of us are.

Stellar

[edit on 22-4-2009 by StellarX]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Buckle your seat belts this is going to get rough.

FAIL

Originally posted by StellarX
But it does at least set a standard for what we are speculating about when you displayed no knowledge of current of projected population growth numbers. My claims about the world being able to support a much larger population were made independent of the sources you seemed to have dismissed outright.

On the contrary I have asked for concrete numbers that support this myth and you respond with further conjecture and again fail to supply ANY proof for this hypotheses. I agree I dismissed unsupported claims for they are just that unsupported! Simply stating that you based it on “independent Sources” Yet fail to supply these sources should be dismissed and there for it becomes an “opinion” rather than “proof”.

FAIL

Well lets start with you explaining and or proving that there is any logical threat to the human species are result of mere overpopulation.

Well at 6.8 Billion people we have gotten off to a wonderful start.
Consequences of overpopulation

Overpopulation occurs when a population's density exceeds the capacity of the environment to supply the health requirements of an individual, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Environmentalists have long been concerned about the resources threatened by rapidly growing human populations, focusing on phenomenon such as deforestation, desertification, air pollution and global warming. But the worst-case scenario for people experiencing overpopulation, according to Lawrence Smith, president of the Population Institute, is a lack of fresh, clean water.

Air Pollution

Deforestation

Desertification

Fresh, Clean Water

FAIL

When you have shown that there is logical reason for worry i will do my part to show how it can be addressed without killing or sterilizing anyone

I can see here that we have a very real need for a reading comprehension course. If you can show me and everyone else reading this where I have advocated “Killing or Sterilizing” please by all means do so. Now can we continue with a frank, honest and open discussion about the real threats instead of more fear mongering with no data to support it?

MASSIVE FAIL

That is not a fact; it is speculation and misdirection on your part which isn't surprising considering the propaganda you have been fed.

They were real life flesh and blood human beings not propaganda!

FAIL

You may not be but that is in fact the norm; people want to get rid of the 'poor' in their own countries and all those 'coloured' pathetic folk

AGAIN
Nobody is talking about forcing population reduction by sterilization or killing. Lets start with education, medical assistance, and food relief. We really need to be able to take care of the people we already have before we can even consider expanding an already massively overpopulated planet.

FAIL

Why cull or sterilize those who are already actively or passively helping these western agencies ( minorities in all countries but mostly those of the US and western Europe)

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but can you supply me and the thousands of readers out there any proof for these claims? I know I'm still one for concrete evidence.

CRASH AND BURN

You may be truly ignorant of their stated aims but not all of us are.

Human Population

Exponential growth also applies to the the human population. It begins growing very slowly, but over generations the growth rate increases more and more rapidly, similar to a snowball affect. It took the human population thousands of years to reach 1 billion in 1804. However, it took only 123 years for us to double to 2 billion in 1927. The population hit 4 billion in 1974 (only 47 years), and if we continue at our current rate, the human population will reach 8 billion in 2028. Doubling from our present count of 6.6 billion to 13.2 billion will have a much greater impact than our last couple doublings combined.

Wikipedia

Overpopulation is a condition where an organism's numbers exceed the carrying capacity of its habitat. In common parlance, the term usually refers to the relationship between the human population and its environment, the Earth.[1]

Overpopulation

Since Earth Day 2008, an estimated 80 million people have been added to the planet. That's approximately 150 people a minute, or about 6.6 million people every month. Think of it as adding a city roughly the size of Chicago, Hong Kong or Hyderabad, India - every single month. World population now is 6.8 billion. This growth in human population, coupled with unprecedented human activity (use of natural resources and rapid economic growth), is unsustainable.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The population is growing at an astonishing rate,and has been for a long time..if these *elites* really have population control in mind they are doing a very very very bad job at it.If the world was fair and equal then the human population could easily triple in size with no negative impacts.If these *elites* really wanted the human population to down size the ONLY scenario we could be looking at is a virus,war simply doesn't kill enough people,viruses are where the real death toll will unfold.Course i think this thread is a big steaming pile of BS and has no basis in reality so i dont think we have anything to worry about.No matter how powerful these elites are though,one thing they will never be able to "fully" control is mother nature.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Excellent post. Overpopulation cannot be ignored, and something has to be done in terms of population reduction or there will be no population in the future. At all.

This does not mean we should -discriminate- against certain people. What this means is...
1. Make birth control available to people who want birth control.
2. Make abortion available to people who want birth control.
3. Possibly put a cap on family size (somewhere between 3-5 children I think, but whatever.)
4. As a last resort, stop funding some medical care and let natural cycles take over. If it wasn't for some of the treatments out there, millions would have died. Some of them are worthwhile to fund, but some of them are extraordinarily expensive.
5. Increase sexual education to prevent people from getting pregnant who don't want to be.
6. Increase education worldwide about the risks of overpopulation.

It's that simple. I think a combination of points 1, 2, 5, and 6 would do the job. Nothing drastic.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

You continually say in your posts that you like facts and evidence,yet to have no problem with propagating the myth of overpopulation?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join