It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Illnesses sack Westchester, L.I. Schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

"Rumors of like 160 people not in school today -- and in one of my classes we had a test and 10 people weren't there," junior Karan Jin said.

"She just felt very nauseous, this was at 6 last night, and by the time she got home she got very sick and was sick all night long," parent Bill Weinberg said.

One woman's daughter was one of the many students and faculty the bug has hit. The Health Department says it's the pesky norovirus, which causes nausea vomiting and diarrhea. It cannot be treated with antibiotics, so those made ill are advised to drink fluids, rest up and avoid contact with others.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
wcbstv.com...

This is a very gross airborne bug that causes severe nausea and may be linked to the respiratory infections in Amityville. Health officials are claiming that the virus doesn't result in Hospitalization but there is no cure.

Edmund W. Miles school officials are stating that the cause of this virus is unknown so will these families be quarantined?

[edit on 18-4-2009 by OrangeJuice]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Because it's a conspiracy website, how about...

It was a test to see how many children at a school would be affected by a certain means of transmission.

Seems likely to use something that people will talk about but relatively harmless.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the info

Those train cars in lower state New York aren't lining the rails for a trip to Disney.

The children will certainly spread the virus much faster than their parents, most schools do not supply an adequate amount of soap in their bathrooms.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeJuice

I heard from a lady I work with that someone we knew had this and so did her kids. This was about 2 months ago. It is weird though to have so many get it lately and it's in schools,

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I had the same symptoms last winter too. A young woman reported to work sick and she threw up next to me, I inhaled the fumes and instantly became sick too.

Trying to treat yourself with fluids doesn't help either this bug is the worst I've ever had, it just came out of no where.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm floating this thread to the surface so you guys and gals can pick up a link between the other so called mystery FLUs going on in the southwestern U.S and Mexico. The kids in Amityville reported lung problems also.

NOTE: I can't remember where I heard this news but it talked about how mild the U.S flu season turned out to be this year.

new topics

top topics

join