It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 34% Now Blame Humans for Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The number of people who think that global warming is caused by human activity is rapidly decreasing. This, I believe, is due to a greater education on the issue and the result of further analysis on the claims made by some.

This is good news, and hopefully will lead to further progress, such as the defeat of the proposed Cap and Trade legislation (carbon tax) which, if passed, will result in more oppressive taxes on every human being.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Just one-out-of-three voters (34%) now believe global warming is caused by human activity, the lowest finding yet in Rasmussen Reports national surveying. However, a plurality (48%) of the Political Class believes humans are to blame.

Forty-eight percent (48%) of all likely voters attribute climate change to long-term planetary trends, while seven percent (7%) blame some other reason. Eleven percent (11%) aren’t sure.

These numbers reflect a reversal from a year ago when 47% blamed human activity while 34% said long-term planetary trends.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well I am quite glad to be hearing this news, it's been kind of dreary here today!

I can't wait till all people actually realize this and make Gore and his cronies apologize for scarring the crap out of the whole earth for the better part of 8 years. (hmm..seems familiar doesn't it?)

Althought I will say we do make some sort of an impact and our way of life is far from being good or nature friendly. There are many things we need to change in order to live on this beautiful place we call Earth, however taxing cows on their farts isn't one of them

Cheers to real news!

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Great news! People are finally starting to wake up. Hopefully, we can get enough people to open their eyes and say 'no' to the proposed 'green' legislation before it bankrupts the country. Get the word out: Global warming is a scam!!!

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm still blaming the globe for human cooling (of which I've been a primary victim). That's right- super cool. Oh wait, I'm on ATS and everyone I know finds it lame.

These 34% are the back-end of the shepherd's flock- bringing up the rear when those in front have already shifted direction with his staff.

Bwahahahahahah!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Thanks for that Becky! Always wondered what the offical number was.
I am surprised it is that high coming from(one of the)the most greedy,
self centered AND high polluting-ist countries in the world!

Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The number of people who think that global warming is caused by human activity is rapidly decreasing. This, I believe, is due to a greater education on the issue and the result of further analysis on the claims made by some.

This is good news, and hopefully will lead to further progress, such as the defeat of the proposed Cap and Trade legislation (carbon tax) which, if passed, will result in more oppressive taxes on every human being.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Just one-out-of-three voters (34%) now believe global warming is caused by human activity, the lowest finding yet in Rasmussen Reports national surveying. However, a plurality (48%) of the Political Class believes humans are to blame.

Forty-eight percent (48%) of all likely voters attribute climate change to long-term planetary trends, while seven percent (7%) blame some other reason. Eleven percent (11%) aren’t sure.

These numbers reflect a reversal from a year ago when 47% blamed human activity while 34% said long-term planetary trends.

lets keep this in perspective - these are American views which, outside of America, are probably the least valued views possible - thankfully threads like this only confirm.

But - yeah - the whole planet is in on some universal conspiracy and only you guys know.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Well I am only going to say what I know...

My father was a harvard professor ( I am a lowly musician
) and he work at NASA
for six years. His area of expertise is social ecology and environmental exchange...
I spent many years as a kid in his lab where he worked on the development of
orbital respiration for Reagans space station project which never made it into space.
His job was to create breathable air and maintain a stable eco system on a permanent space station.
He is now terminally ill and slowly dying... I was caring for him and we happened to
catch a segment on FOX where all the participant were denying the existence of
CO2 effect on the Earth environment, then the conversation then turned to carbon tax
and then back to the fact that the entire concept was a scam to extract taxes and nothing more.
Well I will tell you he was LIVID, off the wall pissed, he said they are going to politicize this thing try to distort the truth and it will be the greatest mistake man kind has ever made. He yelled choice word at the TV and kept saying "PUT ME on there PUT ME on there", "these are used car sales men trying to discuss things they no nothing about..."
" Just look at Venus stupid..."

Anyhow my fathers job was to design the environment of the most sophisticated piece
of human engineering up to that point in history...

I hope all of you regardless of political persuasion rethink demonizing the SCIENCE in order to achieve political objectives. If you have kids , nieces of nephews YOU are really betting on their future and possible the future of the human race. Demonize the taxes, leave the science to people who devote lifetimes researching CO2 exchange,
ATTACK this head on - TAXES TAXES - undermining and derailing can apply to anything else political, just not this...

Very sad results

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Here we go, I fixed it for ya a bit

The number of SHEEPLE who think that global warming is caused by human activity is rapidly decreasing. This, I believe, is due to a greater BRAINWASHING on the issue and the result of further analysis (supported by big American corporations) on the claims made by some.

This is good news for big American corporations, and hopefully will lead to further progress of big American corporations, such as the defeat of the proposed Cap and Trade legislation (carbon tax) which, if passed, will result in more oppressive taxes on big American corporations

[bold text mine]

We have a very simple deal here IMO...

I believe that there is undeniable connection between this BS and big energy corporations trying to kill or at least slow down development of alternative forms of energy (because on many of them they cannot put their meter on)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
Well I am only going to say what I know...

My father was a harvard professor ( I am a lowly musician
) and he work at NASA
for six years. His area of expertise is social ecology and environmental exchange...
I spent many years as a kid in his lab where he worked on the development of
orbital respiration for Reagans space station project which never made it into space.
His job was to create breathable air and maintain a stable eco system on a permanent space station.
He is now terminally ill and slowly dying... I was caring for him and we happened to
catch a segment on FOX where all the participant were denying the existence of
CO2 effect on the Earth environment, then the conversation then turned to carbon tax
and then back to the fact that the entire concept was a scam to extract taxes and nothing more.
Well I will tell you he was LIVID, off the wall pissed, he said they are going to politicize this thing try to distort the truth and it will be the greatest mistake man kind has ever made. He yelled choice word at the TV and kept saying "PUT ME on there PUT ME on there", "these are used car sales men trying to discuss things they no nothing about..."
" Just look at Venus stupid..."

Anyhow my fathers job was to design the environment of the most sophisticated piece
of human engineering up to that point in history...

I hope all of you regardless of political persuasion rethink demonizing the SCIENCE in order to achieve political objectives. If you have kids , nieces of nephews YOU are really betting on their future and possible the future of the human race. Demonize the taxes, leave the science to people who devote lifetimes researching CO2 exchange,
ATTACK this head on - TAXES TAXES - undermining and derailing can apply to anything else political, just not this...

Very sad results

Good post - and bang on the mark.

I have been asking for a single, just one, article from a credible source which provides some evidence to suggest there is NO LINK, there are literally hundreds of thousands of studies and published articles all pointing directly to anthropogenic global warming, yet the constant bleating on here of how it is some "ruse", or "conspiracy" without a single piece of credible evidence is mind boggling to say the very least.

For what is at stake, to merely claim it is a conspiracy, without a single piece of credible evidence to contradict the unending stream of evidence to confirm the theory is dangerous at best and borderline criminal at worst.

the delusion that almost all of the words respected climatologists, from over 180 different countries, on top of hundreds of thousands of scientists from contributing disciplines are all conspiring to create taxes for Americans is completely beyond the realms of feasibility even for the most unstable, paranoid conspiracy theorist.

Will repeat my claim - one single piece of credible evidence to counteract the the hundreds of thousands of studies and articles pointing directly towards anthropogenic global warming. One.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement
Here we go, I fixed it for ya a bit

The number of SHEEPLE who think that global warming is caused by human activity is rapidly decreasing. This, I believe, is due to a greater BRAINWASHING on the issue and the result of further analysis (supported by big American corporations) on the claims made by some.

This is good news for big American corporations, and hopefully will lead to further progress of big American corporations, such as the defeat of the proposed Cap and Trade legislation (carbon tax) which, if passed, will result in more oppressive taxes on big American corporations

[bold text mine]

We have a very simple deal here IMO...

I believe that there is undeniable connection between this BS and big energy corporations trying to kill or at least slow down development of alternative forms of energy (because on many of them they cannot put their meter on)

Yes you are right, and they publicly acknowledged this about two years ago and apologised for their involvement in promoting doubt. The recruited the same PR company used by Big Tobacco to promote doubt about the links between smoking and lung cancer which set human health back 30 years (for those of you who continue to support the myth of global warming you are aligning yourselves with the same people who killed literally millions through their campaigns ro stop smoking being declared dangerous - having relatives die of cancer is a horrendous thing and you should feel a great sense of shame that this the type of thing you are associated with, although, significantly worse as you are promoting the destruction of hundreds of millions of peoples lives through sheer stubborn ignorance).

the group the big four oil companies started was known as the lavosiere group -www.lavoisier.com.au... - which is still going strong in Australia. The big four recently declared that their involvement was stop and that they would withdraw funding from the promotion of doubt about the truth surrounding global warming and admitted that the evidence was overwhelming and that Co2 build up from man made activities was the primary driver of modern global warming.

The last of the big four, Exxon, finally withdrew funding only last year I believe.

It is worth noting that senator Inhoffe was the primary driver of this doubt in the US congress, delivering one of the most vociferous rebuttals to the idea of global warming ever heard and has been single handedly responsible for placing the entire global effort to combat AGW in jeopardy.

For those of you who continue to languish in blissful ignorance regarding this issue, your contributions are extremely destructive and you owe it future generations, if not THE TRUTH, to at least explore what is being said regarding this issue beyond the now discontinued oil consortium's dis information campaign.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

The politicizing of this issue is crazyness... But trying to suppress or marginalize such
vital science boarders on ....

I'm at a loss

The thing is by marginalizing the scientific data ANTI carbon tax people are going too far...
I'm mean we could poison a billion people so that less people are paying less money.

I don't know

[edit on 19-4-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

I know for a fact in this state it happens and its one of the reddest states!hmmm

Idaho Power had to be taken to court over this very thing!
You all gave this rush playing bass player farmer dude some hope!

The science is there but that would mean taking some responsibilty!
Like that would happen!
Hence my name.
Of course its used as a wedge! People bad, corporations good!

Sorry for my sarcastic tone! It really is astounding what some think!
And we pat our backs nonstop on here about being "awake"!
I cant stop!

Oh man That was funny, thanks! Im going to bed, my gut hurts now!
Explain to your kids its all fake! The polar bears going extinct and all that!
Hate to be in those shoes! Night all. Peace!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hello, I just dont see how how 383 parts per Million of CO2 gas can make that much difererance to how the earth warms up or cools down, I googled 'global warming' 'earths atmosphere', and 'global cooling' my, some reading! it seems Methane hold 20 time more heat than CO2, as for cows and Methane, Termites produce more! Then there's the forzen CO2 on the bottom of the oceans, and the Tundra in Siberia, plus the 26,000 axis tilt cycle, and the methane from rotting vegitation, Volcanos activity has gone up %300 in the last 2,000 years, anyway, have a google yourselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Hello, I just dont see how how 383 parts per Million of CO2 gas can make that much difererance to how the earth warms up or cools down, I googled 'global warming' 'earths atmosphere', and 'global cooling' my, some reading! it seems Methane hold 20 time more heat than CO2, as for cows and Methane, Termites produce more! Then there's the forzen CO2 on the bottom of the oceans, and the Tundra in Siberia, plus the 26,000 axis tilt cycle, and the methane from rotting vegitation, Volcanos activity has gone up %300 in the last 2,000 years, anyway, have a google yourselves.

Human beings "unlock" CO2 that would have normally been stored and unreleased...

YOU should GOOGLE

Venus's average surface temperature

Venus's Co2 concentration level

Then compare it to -

Mercury's surface temp

Mercury's Co2 concentration levels

then note how much closer Mercury is to the sun -

The culprit is Co2 in that case...

Some will argue a negative impact as saturation levels increase, but compare the first two planets and you will have a two worlds that provide a active experiment to observe.

In short almost any particulate will absorb light - energy conversion will create heat...

But Co2 is something that mankind directly effects and can impact up or down.

Did you notice that your examples are all natural examples BTW??? Man has free will and a mind (usually :lol)

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
We are dealing with at least two issues here:

1) Are humans responsible for climate change; and if so, to what extent?

2) Even if humans are in no way responsible for it, will it nevertheless have horrible consequences for humans, and life on Earth in general?

It's entirely possible that, even if it's a cyclical phenomenon and humans aren't responsible, it is still something that we should be very worried about, and something that we should try to prevent.

Remember, past climate changes are widely believed to have been at largely responsible for previous mass-extinctions. How you feel about issue (1) should only impact how you think we should try to tackle the problem; NOT whether you think we should try to do anything at all.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by theWCH]

new topics

top topics

join