It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho!

news.yahoo.com

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho – The Aryan Nations has returned to northern Idaho with what it is calling a "world headquarters" and a recruitment campaign.

Coeur d'Alene resident Jerald O'Brien, who has a large swastika tattoo on his scalp, is one of the leaders of the white supremacist group and said he expects membership to grow because of the election of President Barack Obama.

He told The Spokesman-Review newspaper that the president is the "greatest recruiting tool ever."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Residents of a Coeur d'Alene subdivision found recruitment fliers on their lawns Friday and O'Brien said more fliers will be distributed. He said the group has "several handfuls" of members in the city.

The fliers show a young girl asking her father "Why did those dark men take mommy away?"

But many in the region reject the group.

"I saw Aryan Nations and put it in the trash," said Garvin Jones. "What's wrong with these people? Give me a break. I bet if you went back in their family history, not one is 100 percent white."

---------------

This pisses me off. In the 21st century? gimme a break.

when can people forget about the idea of "race".

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well that's terrifying. Another example of how free speech can really take a nation back a few hundred years. They totally have the right to say what they want and create whatever organization they want.

But the fact of the matter is that these types of groups must be removed eventually or we will never move forward as a species when we are still hating eachother for lame reasons like skin color.

Perhaps them out in the mainstream will help other people realize how stupid they are acting, or how stupid these people are acting.

Just a thought..

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm moving to Boise this summer to complete my second major, but I've lived in Idaho before and I'm hispanic.... however I did not once encounter any spiteful racism. In fact, it almost seemed like no one even noticed. The media generates a lot of hype for the Aryan Nations, but they also get a lot of opposition and they remain a tiny minority. Idaho is not a racist state, the people there I've met have usually been very pleasant.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
For some reason there seems to be a lot of this in Idaho, but most Idahoans, like most Americans, reject this stuff, as seen in the article.

There is a lot of neo-NAZI activity here in SoCal too, believe it or not, but most people seem to realize they're just crazy ignorant clowns.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
For various reasons, I've come into contact with a lot of white supremacists in my life. The idea of racial supremacy is one of the most weird and delusional things I've ever encountered in my life.

What makes it worse is that, very often, the people peddling these ideas are hardly superior to anyone, whatever colour they may be. The fact that I've known blacks, Asians, Chinese, Japanese who were more intelligent than the white supremacists I've dealt with, that I've known better athletes &c and just better human beings who were non-white, raises some serious flaws in the idea of racial supremacy.

You can have individuals better than others in every field, but whole races that are superior to other races? Pffft!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
As long as you have the Aryan Nation you will have this New Black Panther Party and vice verser. Are the organizations the problem no. If they were only about preserving their heratige than it would be a good thing. The problem is they teach hate power to one race. This goes on with all races they each have their own factions.

We as people have to stop giving those organization their power. When people protest their meetings it gives them light to be seen my more people. If you want to end the hate groups stop giving them the lime light. They will die out.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I'm moving to Boise this summer to complete my second major, but I've lived in Idaho before and I'm hispanic.... however I did not once encounter any spiteful racism. In fact, it almost seemed like no one even noticed. The media generates a lot of hype for the Aryan Nations, but they also get a lot of opposition and they remain a tiny minority. Idaho is not a racist state, the people there I've met have usually been very pleasant.

Very true. It's more just like a few people in the northern part of the state. Boise is totally different really. it's kinda liberal in some ways even.

I think such crap is more stupidity than evil.

And I agree Merriman, that they definitely aren't acting superior to anyone! Races aren't better or worse than any other, in fact they aren't even equal to each other, because race doesn't even exist!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
And I don't think they should be protected by "free speech". I mean they're no different than Al-Qaeda. It is proven they commit acts of violence, so being in the organization or supporting it should be a crime.

There's a difference between making a racial slur a criminal offense and making a part of a violent HATE GROUP a crime.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Not really though, technically there is a very low ammount of incidents regarding hate crimes, than there are people who participate in Aryan groups.

Besides, they do have the right to say whatever they want, look at religion, if we give them a free pass then I don't think it's fair to not let other idiots of the world express themselves freely.

Now I full out disagree with their message and tactics, but everybody needs something to be mad about, it's just kinda sad we still have people who are mad about colour. Maybe the Aryans are having a melonin crisis and really hate their white skin which is why they lash out at people of color.

Hmm...intriguing thought, but for another thread..

Either way these people are wackjobs, but they deserve to be so under the law. Can't be selective about this process, that's what got us into this whole mess.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Maybe the Aryans are having a melonin crisis and really hate their white skin which is why they lash out at people of color.

I've wondered too if maybe they're jealous of people of "color"?

Anyway, it doesn't matter. We're all red on the inside.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Haha, just to be mean.

No we aren't red on the inside, we are light yellow-ish lol.

Look it up.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Haha, just to be mean.

No we aren't red on the inside, we are light yellow-ish lol.

Look it up.

~Keeper

Well I guess it's a mix of red, white, yellow, grey, but true, when a person becomes a mummy, their insides do look kinda yellow.

sorry if anyone's eating right now

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The Aryans should be very proud of President Obama. His mother is white, he was raised in a loving white family, and became a Historic figure all thanks to his white relatives.

Most of us will not make it to 80 and yet these Aryans find time to hate during 99.9% of their lifetimes, hiding out in some forest preparing for a race war without battleships, planes, submarines, or any idea of what makes a person white in the first place.

Maybe this Homeland Security document will test the blood of these people and televise the results, I want to see what happens when they find out their grandfathers are jewish and his mom was from Kenya.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I used to live near Coeur D' Alene , Idaho and Sandpoint ID is similar. I never see any black people when I go there.

There is also a town called Rathdrum Id. This town and spirit Lake Id are well know for Satan worship and Whitchcraft.

People have seen guys wearing white robes in the woods. One time someone hit one of these guys with his car. By the time he went to report it the guy in the road was gone.

Very weird things happening in this area. This has always gone on there. Idaho is their Haven.

I have always been worried about Obama's safety. Both outside and inside the Whitehouse.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Funny how this shows up in the news just a short time after the DHS came out with their memo on Right wing extremist hit the news . Almost like see there you go we are right about the right wing extremists.

I have hardly heard any thing about these groups in the news quite a long time and the dust hasnt even settled over the DHS memo . Then out of the blue they are recruiting and it hits the news .

Sorry for me its way to convenient .

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I wonder if the Aryan Nations realize how many FBI and other 3letter org. members they are recruiting? The KKK now would probably disband if it wasn't for the dues paying FBI guys.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Just the idea of white supremacy is so stupid that shows that intelligence is not the strongest point of that "mythical race"

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

That would go for any race who claims that they are the supreme race. We are one race and that is the human race.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Yes, absolutely we are the supreme race... those rabbits, hedgehogs and other small mammals had better bow down to the Human race, we reign supreme!

... oh, was I using the literal version of English again? Sorry about that.

Racism is funny to me. In the past it was scary, because you were isolating other people from the majority... but nowadays, racism only isolates yourself from the majority.

Essentially, the only thing it does is makes you look like an idiot.

Really though... are there any pure-bred cultures left? I mean, I'm Brit/Viking/Scottish... my fiance is Irish/French/Native Canadian/Scottish...

...are there really any people left in the western world who come from a single origin?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join