It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Food, Inc.'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
takepart.com...

How much do we really know about the food we buy at our local supermarkets and serve to our families?

In Food, Inc., filmmaker Robert Kenner lifts the veil on our nation's food industry, exposing the highly mechanized underbelly that's been hidden from the American consumer with the consent of our government's regulatory agencies, USDA and FDA. Our nation's food supply is now controlled by a handful of corporations that often put profit ahead of consumer health, the livelihood of the American farmer, the safety of workers and our own environment. We have bigger-breasted chickens, the perfect pork chop, insecticide-resistant soybean seeds, even tomatoes that won't go bad, but we also have new strains of e coli--the harmful bacteria that causes illness for an estimated 73,000 Americans annually. We are riddled with widespread obesity, particularly among children, and an epidemic level of diabetes among adults.

Featuring interviews with such experts as Eric Schlosser (Fast Food Nation), Michael Pollan (The Omnivore's Dilemma) along with forward thinking social entrepreneurs like Stonyfield Farm's Gary Hirshberg and Polyface Farms' Joel Salatin, Food, Inc. reveals surprising -- and often shocking truths -- about what we eat, how it's produced, who we have become as a nation and where we are going from here.

Trailer.

Well this should be interesting, especially because we're always talking about such things here.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
great a "super size me" aimed at all food instead of just MacDonalds, does this mean i wont be able to eat any food for a few years just like what happened with McDonalds after i watched SSM

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dkman222
great a "super size me" aimed at all food instead of just MacDonalds, does this mean i wont be able to eat any food for a few years just like what happened with McDonalds after i watched SSM

Yeah people always hate on McDonald's, but I am sure that almost all foods - not just fast foods - are unhealthy in some way or another.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I just saw this documentary and I have to say that it was pretty amazing! Check it out if you have the time. One story in particular was very tragic, but I will let you watch it and you can see what I mean. Happy learning!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Just watched on Netflix last night.

I was searching here today to see if ATS has labeled it as propaganda and fear mongering.

I don't think so. The story about Kevin was so heartbreaking......

I was just surprised to see this particular thread got little attention.

Here we are today, 2014, I can only assume it's much worse these days, as all this crap has continued forward mostly unchecked.

Where you at ATS? What do you think about food inc?

I'm sure there is another thread. I'm off to find it.
edit on 22-7-2014 by GoShredAK because: edit

top topics

join