It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I seein things?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ok heres what happened.

It was about 12:30 am and I couldnt sleep so I got up to check on what my dogs were barking at. I got to my front door, which is glass, and look through it, and across the street (which is a dirt road next to the field) I see someone walking with a lantern, and thats not common because noone walks around our house, because we're so far out in the country.

So, I open the door, and its gone!!! I close the door and look through the glass again and there it is again! I can only see it through the glass! So I stare at it for a while and try opening the door again to look at it, but it only works through the glass. So my doors open a crack and im lookin at it through the glass, and then it disapears and my door slams shut.

Maybe it was a ghost or an alien or something.

Thats my wierd story.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
*whistles the Twlight Zone theme song*

Interesting experience.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That's odd...
laterns normally signify someone as being lost, or looking for something, so perhaps he (or she) is trying to find their way to their resting place.
Since it slammed the door shut it suggests that it doesn't want you to interfeer, however I could be wrong, and it could very well be trying to give you a message or something.
See if you see it again tonight, and don't open the door, just write down EVERYTHING you see (from the clothes, facial expressions, how fast he's walking, which direction etc.)

Good luck and blessed be.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Maybe its a ghost
interesting story, pretty darn spooky
*chill goes down spine*

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
maybe you have 'ghost glass' or something?

how old are the windows?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
To be able to check it again, you may need for thigns to line up the way they did that night--dogs barking for no reason, the paqrticular day--it may have to do with one day of the week, month, or year--depending on it's cycle. there's more than one reason it all happened that way. Go back and think more detailed, like how fast was this person walking, what direction, what werre your emotions (exactly--if you didn't fear it then, but do now, vice versa), did you see how it was dressed, did it look at you, did it gesture, did it limp, how close are you to civil war fields, have you experienced ANYTHING else in that house (may be conected). how did the dogs bark: yap/yap/yap--my territory, howl/yap/howl--i'm here(fairly wolflike), aie/aie/aie--you stepped on my tail, scare me. The personality of the dogs barking, and breed of dog. (for example: pitbull and chihauaua barking to defend territory. A pitbull barking like it's scared senseless worries me more since a: they don't bark/growl unless they are taught to, and b:they LIKE the fight)

Oh, the door shutting may have been b/c some part of you was thinking about going to where it was at to check it out and a second entity didn't like you going to it for some reason. I'd have to know how "game" you are.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Maybe it was a light reflection on the glass, your brain "logiced" out the form of a person holding it.

Thats my guess at least.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
That's odd...
laterns normally signify someone as being lost, or looking for something, so perhaps he (or she) is trying to find their way to their resting place.
Since it slammed the door shut it suggests that it doesn't want you to interfeer, however I could be wrong, and it could very well be trying to give you a message or something.
See if you see it again tonight, and don't open the door, just write down EVERYTHING you see (from the clothes, facial expressions, how fast he's walking, which direction etc.)

Yes youre right
. It's most likley a ghost.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I dont get why everything on this site has to be supernatural in one form or another..

"Deny ignorance"

Ignorance includes failing to realize that their can be scientific (or even just simple logical) reasons for things.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Very Spooky. Its a new hybrid ghost of a alien mixbreed!

Spine-Tingling

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSpallacus
maybe you have 'ghost glass' or something?

how old are the windows?

The doors like a year old. The glass is pretty clear to see through. And I looked around for lights, but none were on when I saw this. Theres not even any street lights around my house.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by shidge.
I dont get why everything on this site has to be supernatural in one form or another..

"Deny ignorance"

Ignorance includes failing to realize that their can be scientific (or even just simple logical) reasons for things.

I posted this, in search of a logical explanation from the speculation of my peers.

Why do you call paranormal posts ignorant? You seem pretty ignorant yourself to think that everything has a scientific explanation. Obviously there are many things we will never figure out.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
That's odd...

LadyCool is correct. All I can say at this point is that you should follow her advice. The only alternative is a fetch (although not yours obviously - possibly linked to your neighbours).

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Were there any lights or sources of light within the house? Because it is possible that they reflected off the glass and you mistakenly identified it as a person with a lantern. It has happened to me before under different circumstances, so I wouldn�t rule it out *completely*. But, if your dogs were barking at it, I would say it�s pretty unlikely. Did they try to chase it down when you opened the door?

Spooky. Has anything like this happened before?

[Edited on 4/25/04 by para]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
yup~~~~your seeing a ghost~~~~fo sho!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
To be able to check it again, you may need for thigns to line up the way they did that night--dogs barking for no reason, the paqrticular day--it may have to do with one day of the week, month, or year--depending on it's cycle. there's more than one reason it all happened that way. Go back and think more detailed, like how fast was this person walking, what direction, what werre your emotions (exactly--if you didn't fear it then, but do now, vice versa), did you see how it was dressed, did it look at you, did it gesture, did it limp, how close are you to civil war fields, have you experienced ANYTHING else in that house (may be conected). how did the dogs bark: yap/yap/yap--my territory, howl/yap/howl--i'm here(fairly wolflike), aie/aie/aie--you stepped on my tail, scare me. The personality of the dogs barking, and breed of dog. (for example: pitbull and chihauaua barking to defend territory. A pitbull barking like it's scared senseless worries me more since a: they don't bark/growl unless they are taught to, and b:they LIKE the fight)

Oh, the door shutting may have been b/c some part of you was thinking about going to where it was at to check it out and a second entity didn't like you going to it for some reason. I'd have to know how "game" you are.

The person was walking west, and it walked kind of slow kind of swinging the lantern, and once stopped and examined the lantern. I think it was a kid (for some reason, I dont know why.) I didnt fear it then but when I thought about going out there I got really scared.

It didnt look at me or appear to notice me. I have german sheperds and they rarely bark unless something is wrong. Their bark was territorial sounding. They were kenneled up though.

I live in Idaho, near the oregon trail actually.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by para
Were there any lights or sources of light within the house? Because it is possible that they reflected off the glass and you mistakenly identified it as a person with a lantern. It has happened to me before under different circumstances, so I wouldn�t rule it out *completely*. But, if your dogs were barking at it, I would say it�s pretty unlikely. Did they try to chase it down when you opened the door?

Spooky. Has anything like this happened before?

[Edited on 4/25/04 by para]

Im totally sure ther wasnt any lights on in the house. My dogs were in their outside kennel. And nothing like this has ever happened before around my house. Ive never noticed anything paranormal or wierd around my house.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

I posted this, in search of a logical explanation from the speculation of my peers.

Why do you call paranormal posts ignorant? You seem pretty ignorant yourself to think that everything has a scientific explanation. Obviously there are many things we will never figure out.

I said what I said, because it wasnt even suggested that there was a non-paranormal reason before I posted. It was all "GHOST WTG" and stuff like that..

When so many people here lean so far into the "EVERYTHING IS PARANORMAL!!" (which is what ive certainly seen in my time here) someone has to be the dissenting voice. I do believe that some things have paranormal reasons, but im suggesting otherwise to make sure that no one jumps to conclusions, although im sure they'll do it anyways

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well to be fair, Shidge, your first post was up there with on the major ignorance board; and also, she had already ruled out most if not all scientific explanations, and the people posting prior to the scientific suggestions were adding the knowledge they know about. So if you can't help her (which is what she's asked for), then you're not posting on the right topic; and if you wish to post like this on all threads, you're not on the right website, either. Deny Ignorance, go figure.

And as for Pisky
I am indeedy right

JAI, a child with a lantern? That points even more towards the being lost idea, however the door slamming shut...what kind of slam was it? A violent one, or a simple, don't go there? Whatever this is, if it is a spirit (which it appears to be), then they may well be scared of you, and warning you to back off.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Okay here's my take on your amazing experience.

Your dogs started barking at something and to save you from any danger your guardian angel projected an image of a lantern bearing individual onto the glass. It symbolized an innocent event that you need not go outside to investigate. It didn't frighten you but when you thought about going outside then you felt afraid, and this unaccountable fear was probably also projected onto you to keep you safely inside the house.

So my guess is that you were just being protected by your own spiritual guardian, and whatever the dogs were barking at was not related to a man with a lantern at all

[Edited on 10-04-04 by Aztec]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join