It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO on Nasa Photo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
A piece of tile is better than just 'space debris'. Thanks for the info

So it was taken on 70mm film. Which means there should be a full res version in their data base somewhere. I have sent a request, will post it if I have any luck.

I had some luck with this technical report on 'the debris environment' of shuttle missions -- it mentions 61-C and the triangle as also being imaged by a PLB-mounted camera.

"THE PARTICULATE ENVIRONMENT SURROUNDING THE SPACE
STATION:ESTIMATES FROM THE PACS DATA"

ntrs.nasa.gov... de%2Bmatchall%26Ns%3DHarvestDate%257c1%26N%3D0

and

hdl.handle.net...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Acharya

From Email request for larger image from NASA

Thank you for your message. If the resolution of the available images is not sufficient for your purposes, please contact Jody Russell in the Johnson Space Center Media Center for information on ordering a custom product.

Unfortunately, we have no information on exactly what the space debris is, or its origin. It is possible that it was related to the launch of the SATCOM KU-I satellite from the Shuttle during this mission.

Thank you for your interest in astronaut photography of Earth!

Earthweb
The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth
NASA Johnson Space Center

Well now...

Nice work... I wonder if a FOIA to KSC for post-landing imagery would show a triangle-shaped gap anywhere? Sounds like a logical next step.

Does 'we' mean all of NASA, or does 'we' mean 'us girls in the mail room?' That might be worth following up.

In any case, going for original research is a beneficial step, wherever it leads. Kudos.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

I wonder if a FOIA to KSC for post-landing imagery would show a triangle-shaped gap anywhere? Sounds like a logical next step.

Surely you can find a faster way to ascertain this data...

While it may be logical, it could also a delaying tactic.

(You tried it before in the STS-114 thread, and none of those FOIA requests corroborated your claims then either....)

You are fully aware various official sources on the internet wherein the relevant images are available - it will just take you some time to locate them and post them.

*But due to your experience and expertise in this area, it should not take you much time to find the pertinent image data which would allow you to provide a comparison-set supportive of your hypothesis.

If you can find the before and after images, you would need only link directly to them in this thread and one of the members will probably create the requisite comparison-set for you.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I wonder if a FOIA to KSC for post-landing imagery would show a triangle-shaped gap anywhere? Sounds like a logical next step.

Surely you can find a faster way to ascertain this data...

While it may be logical, it could also a delaying tactic.

(You tried it before in the STS-114 thread, and none of those FOIA requests corroborated your claims then either....)

How would you know that? You announced there, defiantly, that you would not bother to read the material I posted. Did you change your mind and look at it? Did you understand it?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I've seen one of the craft out side my work. i am on the 17th floor and it was nice clear skies for once. I saw a distinct triangle shaped object fly extremely fast across the sky. I was jet black . but without zoom it could have been a bomber.

just thought i'd share.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

In any case, going for original research is a beneficial step, wherever it leads. Kudos.

Thanks Jim

Well here is where it leads...

Apparently when you order full size images from NASA you actually have to pay for them.

This is arranged through a private company

I'm sorry, I don't have a HiRes file to email to you. I can however assist you with purchasing the image in whatever size you need. Attached to this email are the instructions for purchasing. Please contact Bay Area Imaging for a cost estimate. If you decide to proceed, send me another email with your address, telephone number, photo id and that you want to purchase through Bay Area Imaging. I'll have the negative pulled and delivered to their office. You will pay them for the scan or print.

Please let Bay Area Imaging know that the negative is a 70mm and what size print or scan you will require.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Jody Russell
Still Photo & Video Librarian / Researcher
Media Resource Center
Bldg. 423 / AP32 / JIMMS
2101 NASA Parkway
Houston, TX 77058

I have asked Bay Area for a quote on an 11x14 cropped version as well as a 600 dpi scan.

So much for NASA free for public use
Upside is once I have that I can print them myself and that image would look real cool on the wall when company stops by

But it is noteworthy that only one private company has the right to do this. You can even get a copy of the negative itself but a 600 dpi scan will do

Not sure if it will be worth it for closer detail but what the heck... at least I will know the 'procedure'

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thedangler

Give me some time and location stuff and I will add a report
I am collecting eyewitness sightings of triangles

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by thedangler

Give me some time and location stuff and I will add a report
I am collecting eyewitness sightings of triangles

Have you had a chance to download and peruse that 300-page NASA report I linked to, about the 'shuttle debris environment'?? Anybody? It mentions the triangle there, too.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Have you had a chance to download and peruse that 300-page NASA report I linked to, about the 'shuttle debris environment'?? Anybody? It mentions the triangle there, too.

From this post?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems you gave the wrong link?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

From this post?

Seems you gave the wrong link?

It's a long link -- here are three lines,
paste them together with no spaces between..

ntrs.nasa.gov...

ICULATE%2BENVIRONMENT%2BSURROUNDING%2BTHE%2BSPACE%26Ntk

%3Dall%26Ntx%3Dmode%2Bmatchall%26Ns%3DHarvestDate%257c1%26N%3D0

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
didn't read after the first page, but hopefully im not the first person to say

Aurora = TR-3B. Look it up.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Flag and star. Nice find.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I nosed around and was shown the way to this document:

Ice/Frost /Debris Assessment For Space Shuttle Mission STS=32 (61 -C)
January 20, 1986

ntrs.nasa.gov...

STS-32 (61-C) POST-LANDING DEBRIS DAMAGE ASSESSMENT
JANUARY 18-19, 1986 // report number TM 89192
OV-102, ET-30, 61024 and MLP
Distribution: Publicly Available
Security Classification: Unclassified

p. 78
A larger than normal number of missing gap fillers were observed. Several gap fillers were protruding...
A total of 19 diced tile and white tile segments were missing from the left and right hand fuselage sidewalls, nose upper surface and wing and elevon upper surfaces. The tile missing from the bottom of the star tracker well is believed to be that piece which was stationkeeping with the vehicle on-orbit and reported by the crew. One of the missing pieces was found by the Debris Team during the post launch pad inspection.

[snip]
A 12-inch long piece of metal seal material i s loose and f a l l i n g o f f from the i n s i d e surface o f the l e f t hand speed brake. This i s the largest single damaged piece observed i n t h i s area t o date.

[snip]
The thermal blanket material around a l l t h r e e SSME's was badly frayed, loose, or missing. This material w i l l probably have t o be replaced.

The document also had a table of photography of the vehicle post-landing and under 'SUBJECT' of 'STAR TRACKER DOORS' had this entry for 'PHOTO CONTROL NUMBER': Roll 1: #4, Roll 2: #19.

If the triangle is a tile off the star tracker door, the free-flight images really ought to overlay nicely with the post-landing images, assuming no further pieces came off during entry [not always a safe assumption]. So who's gonna order this image through FOIA.

Zorgon is already out some significant cash -- he's putting his money where is mouth is, a noble trait.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Probably the TR3B

[edit on 22-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I'm curious about this too - although NASA has been known to engage in some self-deception - particularly about vehicle safety - I know of no example of an outright lie. Putting their best foot forward, sure, but a deliberate lie?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Calling this particular triangular object "space junk" just isn't good enough.

I can go to a junk yard and see tire shaped junk . . . because it's an old tire. I can see furniture shaped junk . . . . because it's old furniture.

This object doesn't look like anything that would break free from a booster rocket or a satellite. It isn't ice. It happens to look like a ubiquitous type of UFO that has been sighted, filmed and photographed around the world. Now that may be just a coincidence, but someone should be able to identify this object as something a lot more specific than just "junk."

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimObergSo who's gonna order this image through FOIA.

FOIA not necessary... but a deep pocket is

Re: NASA image STS61C-31-2

I got the negative too late to take it last night, but will deliver it this afternoon.

Jody Russell
Still Photo & Video Librarian / Researcher
Media Resource Center
Bldg. 423 / AP32 / JIMMS
2101 NASA Parkway
Houston, TX 77058

This is the original 70mm negative

Bay Area Imaging wrote:
> Ron,
>
> Please notify Jody Russell at the Media Resource Center to pull that negative so she can bring it over to me. If you would please call us with your credit card information so we can get started on your order, I will also keep you up to date when Jody delivers the neg to me and when I can have this all mailed out to you.
>
> The price for the scan is: $65.00 unless you want to keep the scan at 150Mb for: $49.95.
> 1- 11x14 print on semi-gloss: $25.00
> 1 - CD: $ 4.49
> Shipping & Handling: $16.00
>
> Total: $110.49 plus tax (unless you live outside of Texas)

I thinks this will look great on the wall..

Caption "NASA SAYS - "Space Debris"

Seriously though I hope a 600 DPI scan will show some details

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
About TR-3.. I think it's ridiculous to believe that the USAF could be operating a craft with technology this advanced.. These black triangles have been reported to do things that can't be achieved with science known on this planet. Also, previous secret aircraft projects have been tested in secrecy in uninhabited regions before making them public, but these black triangles have been seen hovering above large cities and in plain sight, like in the Belgian UFO wave. Not very secret.

Got to wonder if the theory that the black triangles are secret US military aircraft originates in USAF or some government agency, to make it easier to explain UFO sightings as "secret experimental aircraft"...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cnuum

really?

Watch this and just "think" outside the box for a few minutes

it's not so far fetched that these technologies exist

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Thank you for that interesting clip, and rest assured that have an open mind.. Otherwise I wouldn't be here in the first place, let alone acknowledging the existence of these black triangles, whatever they are. What I find a bit too incredible is that projects of this magnitude could be kept secret for so long time, and secondly that we would have the ability to even reverse engineer this kind of technology.

To me that seems like a group of birds found a broken video camera left by someone in the nature, and they reverse engineered a working camera of their own to video other birds. It find it hard to believe that we had the resources or economic networks to produce or even understand that kind of technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join