It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guitar...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I know the following two songs are not fantastic guitar songs, but I can't help laughing when I see them sing, and they do play rock guitar riffs

They are more famous for the following song:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
How could I forget Boston! The reason I'm splitting the songs into so many posts is because I'm afraid the computer will crash anytime as long as I'm watching Youtube:

I love the beginning of the song. Such a classic! And the accoustic guitar in the middle...great! Play the intro on high volume! It's a must!

The following song also should have been added to this thread a while ago:

And then why not add a little Dreamtheater and Metallica:

[edit on 9-9-2009 by MightyAl]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Here are two guitar pieces I love from the movie Frida. Simply beautiful:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I know the following is from Ricky Martin's first album, but it's a beautiful guitar instrumental at the end. Very peaceful, as long as it doesn't have his voice...:

The following is a famous nouveau flamenco guitarist from Cologne, Germany:

This one is also a flamenco song I really like. It's by Armiz, who also composed Tango Flamenco (above):

The next song can't stop making me laugh. It's played very well by an amateur, but he forgot to shut the bird up in the background while playing:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Here are some instrumentals:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Here's another interesting song:

I LOVE it.
But i have to tell you to find the studio version (can't link it for obvious reasons
) : this one, (live in Wembley Arena) doesn't compare to it, doesn't get even close to the original one, their dynamics are different.
You will love it

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

Here I am again. Living in Taiwan I come online when you're probably sleeping.

crazy - isn't it? all this time delayed chatting - you're just getting up - maybe :-)

Anyway, first of all, I'm glad you enjoy all the songs I posted thus far.

I have - this next batch is daunting - just getting started now...

going to dig in and listen while I'm supposedly doing something useful :-)

I wasn't aware that you don't know Yngwie Malmsteen.

no - but that's just me - probably everyone else on this planet knows him :-)

have to say - do kinda dig the Nordic Guitar God thing :-)

Sorry you had your lunch burned while watching Black Star! haha

well - we'll just say it was his fault....

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

I LOVE it. But i have to tell you to find the studio version (can't link it for obvious reasons ) : this one, (live in Wembley Arena) doesn't compare to it, doesn't get even close to the original one, their dynamics are different. You will love it

I do love it

I'll go listen to the studio version - after I get through MightyAls :-)

that might be another idea for a thread: which version of a piece is better - studio or live

that could cover everything - classical, jazz - Abba

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Then, there's Romeo & Juliet.

But this is hard to even be listened to, if the person that you love is far from you.

Here in Italy, serenades still exist.
It doesn't matter how you play, what matters is how much of your soul you share while you play the serenade. And she will get it, regardless the quality of the execution of the song. Imagine yourself, under some balcony, singing a lovesong
I've never did it, now i'd like to, but she is too far away. But if you have the chance, then DO it.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by internos]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I know internos - this one gets to me too

really - for real? real people still serenade each other?

that's it - I'm moving to Italy

I've never did it, now i'd like to, but she is too far away. But if you have the chance, then DO it.

maybe you can make her a video serenade?

just until you can get her a balcony - in the same country as you

:-)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

I know internos - this one gets to me too

really - for real? real people still serenade each other?

that's it - I'm moving to Italy

maybe you can make her a video serenade?

just until you can get her a balcony - in the same country as you

Seriously, i swear: some do, still.
It is one of the few facets of my country i am not ashamed of

Not all attempts are successfull. Actually, many ones end in some bad way: water mixed with ice is the most used response, in case the serenade is unwanted, but many serenades ended in some worse way
Some times the singer ended together with the song.
That is why is better to be sure that:
1) You have some chance she loves you
2) The song does not suck
3) Her father does not own any weapon, especially fireweapons (hard to happen in my island, everyone has one, which makes things more difficult and dangerous)

Seriously
Serenades are nice, they are: i know that it could make you laugh now, but it's some original way to say to a woman "i really love you"

[edit on 9/9/2009 by internos]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

It is one of the few facets of my country i am not ashamed of

well - guess we should be talking about guitars, but - what they hey...

so - not being an actual Italian - I can't say what you might be ashamed of - but I can say - always seemed like a great place to me :-)

my grandmother was from Calabria - someday I will see it for myself

That is why is better to be sure that:
1) You have some chance she loves you
2) The song does not suck
3) Her father does not own any weapon, especially fireweapons (hard to happen in my island, everyone has one, which makes things more difficult and dangerous)

:-) that's funny

except the part about all the weapons - in my mind, I'm guessing about the island...

no need to say - not fishing for info :-)

Serenades are nice, they are: i know that it could make you laugh now, but it's some original way to say to a woman "i really love you"

I agree

it would never happen here - even if they knew for sure they wouldn't be shot

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

my grandmother was from Calabria - someday I will see it for myself

I have been working there: Isola di Capo Rizzuto, for one year. Calabria is a VERY nice region: beaches are not spectacular, but people are easy to talk to, easy,simple people: if you get there and say that you have relatives or origins there they all would protect you in some way that is hard to imagine: they always hug their sons

First thing to test there

en.wikipedia.org...
you won't believe to your taste, capocollo calabrese is something that went beyond my beliefs. Then, they have the best chilly pepper in Italy, and also some good wine.
You should hug back that region, they won't ignore that a part of you comes from there: the only problem will be to leave back from there
It is worthy the travel in my humble opinion. I am from here, it's a particular region, with calabrians we respect each other, never had any clash. And if you'll like to take a look at my island, then there will always be some free bed for you, seriously. It has been some long OT, but it was worthy

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Here in Italy, serenades still exist. It doesn't matter how you play, what matters is how much of your soul you share while you play the serenade.

~sigh

Serenading Australian men.....Disclosure is more likely

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I have been working there: Isola di Capo Rizzuto, for one year.

do you see how weird life is? :-)

weird and beautiful

if you get there and say that you have relatives or origins there they all would protect you in some way that is hard to imagine: they always hug their sons

well - it was just the one grandmother - and she came here quite some time ago - and she's gone now - but I'm sure there must be someone there...

you won't believe to your taste, capocollo calabrese is something that went beyond my beliefs. Then, they have the best chilly pepper in Italy, and also some good wine.

somehow - when the talk turns to Italy - it's always about the food - I knew it would be about the food - the best

I'm a vegetarian now - but I used to have a pretty tight relationship with capocollo :-)

I'd settle now for some decent peppers, cheese and a real nice red wine :-)

You should hug back that region, they won't ignore that a part of you comes from there: the only problem will be to leave back from there It is worthy the travel in my humble opinion.

don't you worry - I'll get here someday - it's on the list :-)

I am from here, it's a particular region, with calabrians we respect each other, never had any clash. And if you'll like to take a look at my island, then there will always be some free bed for you, seriously. It has been some long OT, but it was worthy

that's supposed to be where Circe lived

she's my patron saint :-)

very cool internos - you living on that island

well, I'm pretty sure I don't have magical thread altering powers - but if I did I would transform this into Italian travel and food thread...right...now

I'm going to take off for a while - but you all feel free to talk Italian until someone makes you stop

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

crazy - isn't it? all this time delayed chatting - you're just getting up - maybe :-)

Good morning! Yes, indeed! My eyes are still opening...

Anyway, first of all, I'm glad you enjoy all the songs I posted thus far.

I have - this next batch is daunting - just getting started now...

going to dig in and listen while I'm supposedly doing something useful :-)

I'll give you more later....

I wasn't aware that you don't know Yngwie Malmsteen.

no - but that's just me - probably everyone else on this planet knows him :-)

have to say - do kinda dig the Nordic Guitar God thing :-)

This is why I have many more artists in my mind that you will also like. I will post their songs on here this afternoon or tomorrow. I won't mention their names, so that it can be kept a surprise...hah

Sorry you had your lunch burned while watching Black Star! haha

well - we'll just say it was his fault....

He should have called the song "Black Lunch"

[edit on 10-9-2009 by MightyAl]

[edit on 10-9-2009 by MightyAl]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Here are the songs I promised. I did end up posting them "tomorrow", as I just got up on the day of Sept. 11. It's 9.30am, so it's still the 10th for you, I think.

Eric Johnson is more of a jazz/pop guitarist. He also played with Joe Satriani and Steve Vai at the G3 concert. He's the third guy playing the G3 version of Red House that I also posted on here a few days ago.

George Benson also is a very good guitarist while being more famous for his singing:

And the Gypsy Kings of course:

Buddy Guy (amazing):

Stevie Ray Vaughan (again) - this was the first song of his I knew:

A little bit of Gary Moore:

Peter Green from Fleetwood Mac:

Eric Clapton & Jimmy Page:

Back to Joe Satriani:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

hey MightyAl - I dropped the ball...

computer on and off out of commission - in and out of ATS enthusiasm

but, also - criminentlies!

still working through it all - but you have many of my favorites in there

I wish I had some sort of prize I could give you - really, I do

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Anyone dig Hillage?

Man, I'm only 23, but sooo born in the wrong decade!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't know, I used to go on ATS just to find mostly rubbish and nothing important to read.

But now I spend more time here again, maybe because there are indeed some very interesting articles on here lately...this is the only thread where I don't talk about government conspiracies...heheh

After arguing with some anti-truthers about 9/11, it was a great relief last week to come back to your relaxing thread

Anyway, no need to give me a prize for this. It is all my pleasure to share this music with you. Music is my passion, and I simply enjoy sharing the best music with those who appreciate it such as yourself.

While thinking about Boston, Heart and other classic rock bands, there is at least one that I didn't add in yet - Kansas!

The following is my favorite song of theirs:

I can play the entire song in my head with all the riffs and lyrics, I heard it so often.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join