It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abusive border patrol agents "im pretty sure you are a terrorist" {video}

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Personally I think the guys being a bit of a douche. When one of the police ask him to present a form of ID, if he just did that Im pretty sure they would have just said "Alright fine, go ahead". By that point, they were probably just so fed up they were looking for any kind of co-operation to let him go through.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
I have heard that if an applicant for law enforcement is tested with an IQ above a certain, and fairly low result, they are determined unqualified.

I wonder if this applies to the border patrol as well.

If this is the case, I would not qualify.

Just one more reason I would never apply for such a position.

I never heard this.

I found out that with the border patrol? You don't NEED to be fluent in Spanish. So what you say could very well be the case to some extent. I was told by a co-worker that I know more Spanish than most of the border patrol agents he knows. And I can barely speak Spanish to save my life.

So I could get into the border patrol pretty easily with my background in the field of work I am in. I also know a little bit of other languages besides Spanish.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Police officer candidates have to have a physical as well as mental exam, and they need to understand how to execute their duties under the law. It just seems that these border patrol people would make a good reality TV show. No one can be so dumb to put adminastrative law above the Constitution. If they can, then I reason their IQ can't be as high as real police officers.

Even the best experienced police officers can flip out under stress, but these so called boder patrol people get going right from the start like the thugs they are.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
But let's ask everyone else here.
Has ANYONE here had a positive experience with a law enforcement official????
Are my experiences outside the norm?????

YES!

I had a police officer catch me with my stiletto switchblade knife. Astonishingly, the cop didn't do anything to me. Of course at the time I was on duty and in uniform.

I mean if you really think about it? Who is a police officer going to stop and question? A security guard holding a switchblade knife? Or a gang-banger looking dude with tats all the way down his arm holding a switchblade knife?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The guy is annoying, but I commend him for standing up for his rights. It's plain to me: They wanted him to pull over into secondary for search and seizure based on what the officer said "mere suspicion". They had zero probable cause to search him.

I don't have a problem with what he is doing. I know what it feels like to be abused by police officers for doing absolutely nothing. I know what it's like to be illegally searched and detained for no reason. I used to be very meek and quiet, and afraid and cooperative. I'll never be that woman again, detained illegally on some dark road by officers just because they have nothing else to do. After this incident, I had severe anxiety attacks to the point where I could not drive anywhere for the longest time. I was afraid of being pulled over on a dark road and cuffed up. My husband had to go with me everywhere and it took a long time before I got courage up to drive at night again.

These officers... Protect and serve? Really? I trust myself and my husband for that.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

But let's ask everyone else here.
Has ANYONE here had a positive experience with a law enforcement official????
Are my experiences outside the norm?????

Yes, the year was 1986. I got pulled over for speeding for the first time by highway patrol. The officer could see how terrified I was. He was a huge, big tall guy. He was very kind to me, gave me my ticket and sent me on my way. There was none of this, "Get out of your car and let me body search you, your car, your purse..." crap.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
The guy is annoying, but I commend him for standing up for his rights. It's plain to me: They wanted him to pull over into secondary for search and seizure based on what the officer said "mere suspicion". They had zero probable cause to search him.

I don't have a problem with what he is doing. I know what it feels like to be abused by police officers for doing absolutely nothing. I know what it's like to be illegally searched and detained for no reason. I used to be very meek and quiet, and afraid and cooperative. I'll never be that woman again, detained illegally on some dark road by officers just because they have nothing else to do. After this incident, I had severe anxiety attacks to the point where I could not drive anywhere for the longest time. I was afraid of being pulled over on a dark road and cuffed up. My husband had to go with me everywhere and it took a long time before I got courage up to drive at night again.

These officers... Protect and serve? Really? I trust myself and my husband for that.

Bless you for your story. Cops have made a reputation for themselves they will have to one day answer for to a well armed and informed public. Their favorite excuse line of good cop/bad cop doesn't fly anymore. They all cover for one another and that makes them all bad. Any cop that would abuse a woman is a pig. Makes you wonder, did he have a mother?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

It should be noted that the ACLU is bring action on the 100 mile constitution-free zone.

Although I'm no real friend of the ACLU due to the fact of their picking and choosing which of the "Civil Liberties" are important enough to get their support. You are entirely correct, they are making an effort to fight this "Constitution free zone." And it is worse than we think according to them, they say that approximately 2/3 of America live in this Constitution Free Zone. Please look at the map provided in this link, there are links to other info such as the actual # of people living in these areas on the page.

www.aclu.org...

In addition to this I would have to say (as others may have already) that sinse it is a "Constitution free zone" than the Border Patrol has no legitamate authority within that zone. See, being that the Constitution is the agreement between the people that establishes the Government and it's autority to bestow it's employees with authority then if they are also in that Constitution free zone then they are "legaly" without authority.

It would be as if you were caught in the ocean (more than twelve miles or so from the coast) and a police officer attempted to arrest you. At that point his leagl authority is null and void due to the fact that he is in an area that is outside of the legal jusrisdiction of what ever power he works for (in this case the US Government).

That being said if they claim that you or I have no rights under the Constitution as it is a Constitution Free Zone (basically unrecognized in the border areas) than the authority of the Federal Government has effectively been denounced "by itself" as well.

The only way that this could ever work is to change the Constitution or scrap our form of government for one that allows these sort of actions. As is you can not disavow any of the Bill of Rights without making amendments to the Constitution, nor can they "legally" declare areas where the Constitution is void without nullifying their own authority under it in these areas. In which case we don't have to listen to a word they say while in those zones.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyeyes
But wouldn't a better way be to get the media involved?
These checkpoints have been in place for years. If they were such Constitutional Right violations the media would be all over them.

What makes you think the media would be interested in this?
Remember the bush administration?
How many media outlets carried the story of cheneys impeachment procedings?
How many media outlets carried the story of bush's illegal warantless wiretapping? The answer as far as I know is 1-NPR
How many media outlets carried the story of the bush administrations suppression of evidence that iraq DIDN'T have WMD ?

If the media won't carry these stories, why would they carry this one?
They should and I agree if they did, maybe that would be a better way to go but the sad reality is that the media won't carry a story like this.

These checkpoints and the agents that enforce their policies are there because we put them there. If we as American's don't like the way the government is operating then our recourse is to vote and elect people whom we believe will hold our values and beliefs in place. NUFF SAID

This is 1000% correct !

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
TextText Blue You know folks these people at our border are trying to stop everything from drugs to terrorists,and people with guns. I have gone through many times and GOD BLESS THESE PEOPLE they are out in the heat dust have a un thankful job and then one person wants to act like a child and be stupid. HE BRINGS IT ON HIMSELF.

Mark

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

As a student enrolled in the Criminal Justice program and having have watched BOTH videos... im going to say what I say and hope ya listen if you dont thats up to you.

You saw how old and fat the cop was, that suggests hes been doing the job for a long time. Legally cops are not allowed to profile people but profiling is somewhere around 85% effective and accurate. Seasoned officers have a stronger intuition about events and therefore can see things that most wouldnt see. The cops "had to let him go?" no. By letting him go he could have been a threat to society and public order, their job is to protect that order... his combativeness and repetition of words shows that he was focused on one thing... proving that point to the camera, he rode up safe to that checkpoint and has done it numerous times this time he brought along a camera... why is that do you think? my intuition tells me he was hiding something, and no he wont just add that to his clip on the Video...

People clinging to their "constitutional rights" are a threat to society, it has been proven time and time again like with the KKK and other racist and facism groups, they say they know their rights and that others can do nothing... alright so these guys are doing illegal acts and the constitution protects them... yeah...no the Government doesn't let this fly so they created loopholes and one of the loopholes was that the Officers had the right to check this mans car because he was posing a threat.. If he is whining and fussy to authoritative figures of the society he will be much more of a threat to the average member of society.

So to conclude... They caught him in a lie when the cops DID catch him later on, their alert dog which is highly trained and yes dogs can smell some amazing distinctions... he alerted them to HIS CAR... Either drugs or a bomb. Officers alert other to potential problems and they used a bit of force on him(because they knew who he was), but when hes been combative in the past, and the alert dog goes off this time they can only assume the worst... a bomb. So you tell me, if he had been a terrorist and let go free like the first time, would you have wanted him to go free? I wouldn't. Most people are afraid of cops because some cops have abused their power. (have any of you ever done research on the type of people that elect and try to be a cop??) It is a very small group and most of them have power control issues, a well educated cop poses less of a threat than a less educated 1... thats statistically true and common sense wise true... SO b4 all of you say all cops have created a name for themselves, thats not true at all, it proves that whoever says that is uneducated, ignorant and again not very bright (because you should know that there are good cops out there). These guys risk their lives on a day to day basis, only see the negative in society daily and all of you want these guys to come up to you and give you a pat on the back and tell you to have a good day... They are like parents they are their to protect you and wether you understand it or not, they are doing a good job of it. Some are corrupt... most arent. Stop being paranoid, im getting tired of seeing that here on ATS.

For all of you who are ignorant of the truth i figured Id drop this to think about... Atleast 1 terroristic plot is foiled in the U.S. every day. In economic troubled times it increases. Im glad the officers tried to get him to pull over... he showed fear and was guilty. The Preacher was smuggling drugs and didnt want to get caught so he used typical fear mongering speech to get everyone riled up in support... its what preachers do they know how to sucker people into their scheme.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
reply to post by romanmel

As a student enrolled in the Criminal Justice program and having have watched BOTH videos... im going to say what I say and hope ya listen if you dont thats up to you...

...People clinging to their "constitutional rights" are a threat to society, it has been proven time and time again like with the KKK and other racist and facism groups...

Wow, what an unpatriotic thing to suggest, "People clinging to their "constitutional rights" are a threat to society..." Your ideas are a threat to our American way of life, and an affront to the men and women who have given their lifes protecting those cherished rights.

Thank you for sharing with others here what type of "students" are enrolled in "Criminal Justice" programs and what they are being taught...I guess all other ATS'ers who cling to their constitutional rights are KKK or facists. You should go a long way in the NWO.

Well folks, there you have it. This is the mindset of the future for our "justice system".

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MARKWW2
TextText Blue You know folks these people at our border are trying to stop everything from drugs to terrorists,and people with guns. I have gone through many times and GOD BLESS THESE PEOPLE they are out in the heat dust have a un thankful job and then one person wants to act like a child and be stupid. HE BRINGS IT ON HIMSELF.

Mark

You're right in that those people work hard and do a dangerous job. But, that doesn't mean they can break the law in doing their job. Does it?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

People clinging to their "constitutional rights" are a threat to society,

This is one of the most disturbing things I've ever read.
Let me say this again....THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST DISTURBING THINGS I HAVE EVER READ !!!! This statement actually made my skin crawl.

God help us all if other people feel this way

[edit on 20-4-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

People clinging to their "constitutional rights" are a threat to society,

This is one of the most disturbing things I've ever read.
Let me say this again....THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST DISTURBING THINGS I HAVE EVER READ !!!! This statement actually made my skin crawl.

God help us all if other people feel this way

[edit on 20-4-2009 by jfj123]

Agreed...and you will note, this poster says he is in a "criminal justice" program. If he is telling the truth, that should wxplain the recent trend in police brutallity cases against otherwise honorable citizens. With unpatiotic statements such as this we need to realize what we face in the defence of our constitutional way of life. The enemy is all about us (some wearing police uniforms) and many are not aware of the immense danger we face in the near future.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

People clinging to their "constitutional rights" are a threat to society

I think rjmelter is just wanting to get a rise out everybody.

I would bet he doesn't even believe what he wrote.... If he does believe what he posted, then I would suspect he's not even American.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Agreed...and you will note, this poster says he is in a "criminal justice" program. If he is telling the truth, that should wxplain the recent trend in police brutallity cases against otherwise honorable citizens. With unpatiotic statements such as this we need to realize what we face in the defence of our constitutional way of life. The enemy is all about us (some wearing police uniforms) and many are not aware of the immense danger we face in the near future.

My only hope is that his ignorance is not pervasive throughout the criminal justice system and that he is an aberration that will be weeded out before he gains any real power. My fear is that he is either the norm or he will slip through the cracks.
Ignorance + power = armageddon

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Why exactly ddi the same border patrol agents break his glass, tazer him and beat him? Thats someting a communist guard does. They were saying thier dogs alerted them..what did the dogs smell? I mean, Was thier in fact, drugs or bomob stuff on that pastor? Did the border agents even think or attemtp to search his vehicale after beating him sensless? regardless, this would make a VERY good winning civil rights lawuit on court..in the patros favor. IM no law expert, but when did it become legal to interogate someone, on the civilian level, then beat him/her? Makes ya fear cops, dostn it..

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

In case anyone missed it, here's the video aftermath of the assault and battery on the pastor.

There should be footage of this all over the place so hopefully he gets a good lawyer and takes all these criminals down.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

As a student enrolled in the Criminal Justice program and having have watched BOTH videos... im going to say what I say and hope ya listen if you dont thats up to you.

Your post makes it very clear that you have a lot to learn. When I was a "student" in police science I didn't feel the need to make sure everyone knew I was after some authority. No I'm not a cop, I dropped it because it was a brainless class, I was taking it to learn how police operate. Not to try and become one

People clinging to their "constitutional rights" are a threat to society, it has been proven time and time again like with the KKK and other racist and facism groups,

This is just appalling. Again announcing your sick authoritarian mindset. A page or two back I talked a bit about the problem with so many cops today, and then you pop in here to prove my point. I can only hope that you never make it past mall babysitter.

Your decription of the incident makes it appear that you were there and just off camera, where you? I mean you declared him guilty of smuggling drugs in your post. I wonder where are the sources for your information?

I suppose it's ok for you to post whatever you like even some made up fantasy. The constitution that I cling to gives you the right.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join