Abusive border patrol agents "im pretty sure you are a terrorist" {video}

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I am posting this interest tidbit from utube.....perhaps it's on topic, perhaps not. Seems it's focusing more on the 5th Amendment, but there is some relevance....

It is in multiple parts, and utube only comes at us in 10-minute bits...so click the link to see the rest....

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
O.K.
Here we go again! I only had to watch this video for about two minutes to come to the conclusion that his guy is a MOORON!!! He obvioulsy was testing the agents and had his own agenda. He was RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL, and an IDIOT! These guys who work on the front lines to protect America are just like you and me. They just want to do their job and go home. Not deal with A**HOLES who are trying to provoke you. Some of you obviously think this guy is a victim!? Well he made himself one! This is not some poor guy who was stopped at a check point on his way to see his wife with gifts for his dying mother. This JERK did this on purpose to agitate the agents. I'll bet that people who meet this person for the first time don't get a very good impression. You have to give respect in order to get it! Remember, treat others as you would want to be treated! All he had to do was roll down the window and answer the questions and be on his way. But NOOOOOO! ROCKET SCIENTIST here just wanted to show his butt! Bet ya this guy doesn't have many friends. I would be within a mile of this dude!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Hey, OP. Star and flag. This was quite interesting and amusing. I realize the border patrol have a job to do. But can't they do it on the border? Why are these agents so fat? Maybe if they were on the border chasing down illegal aliens they would lose a few pounds of ugly.

The guy taking the video is ballsy, that's for sure. He's seems a bit of an a$$, but hey, it's guys like this who bring things to our attention. I would have pulled over to the side of the road. But I would not have consented to a search.

My opinion is that if the guy did not have a video camera running, his window would have been busted out, maybe causing cuts to him, and he would have been drug out of his car and abused by these clowns.

I enjoyed when the one agent leaned against his car and tried to make small talk. lol. Good cop. Bad cop. These guys were lame. lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
One other point I'd like to make here. As a law enforcement officer for fifteen years, I was never issued a crystal ball and did not have a psychic partner. The only way to determine if a particular person was involved in a particular crime was to talk to and listen to them. Its called communication. It really is very simple and painless.

If any of you know how to identify a person who has committed a crime, without asking them a few questions, I'm sure the law enforcement community would be glad to learn. It would, after all, make their job a lot more safe than having to actually come into contact with potentially violent criminals.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What ide like too know, is why is the boarder patrol 100 miles inland? Has mexicos taken over some land or something?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Oh yhea!
Thats right, you know we had about five hundred people come into our department just today to complain about being drug out of their cars and beaten with flashlights. Just what is this guy bringing to "your" attention?! How to be an A**HOLE to border patrol agents?! What does this prove? NOOTTHHINGGG!!!! All this proves is that he is STUPID!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
just wanted to also give some attention to checkpointusa.org after hearing the officer ask about it

but was beaten to it

but thought id post again anyways to add a little more attention to checkpoint usa

id also like to talk about the way the guy in the ops post acted, and the way the guy acted in the other 2 videos posted with the man using very similar tactics

were they not fully the most freindly interactions between human beings? no they werent

but where in our law does it state we must be freindly

where does it state we must be detained or searched because of being a smart ass

when did our country go from fighting wars for freedom to being willing to give up freedom when someone makes a smart ass remark?

as someone who is guilty of no crime within todays way of life, what are your options here?

you can comply with these people, answer questions, be all nice and friendly and then possibly be pulled from your car

or you can do what these men have done, not be very friendly, but you stick to the law, you stick to your rights, and in the end both have the same percent chance of being pulled out of your car and harassed

what seems to be the achilles heel here to the law enforcement is the camera involved in each situation

while on camera it seems law enforcement is more hesitant to risk abuse of rights

i think thats great for citizens

what worries me, is say all us citizens learn our rights like them, and do the same thing in the same situation every time, the terrorists or illegals will catch on, then border patrol becomes 100 percent useless and we are back to square one

where we must actually go back and SECURE OUR BORDERS

so why are we playing this game? why not just send these border patrol people, to the borders, secure the borders, then whoa guess what, big surprise here but if our borders were secured, we wouldnt have videos or situations like this within the borders of the United States

if you want to put up a video from a guy at the border, and the law enforcement guy says you have no rights

GREAT! thats just how it should be, but 100 miles away from the border and you have no rights? even 1 mile from the border, and you have no rights is ridiculous

why should american citizens have to give up their rights, because someone 100 miles away didnt do their job?

i truly applaud these people and anyone like them who know their rights and stand up for them and themselves, but we need to take a step back and realize, we're not going to get very far with this, we need to retreat, regroup, rethink the situation and come back with a better game plan or we're going to lose all of our rights, and still be just as unsafe as we were before 9/11 (the thing that started this all)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Brilliant! Thank you so much for having the clarity and knowledge to stand up for all our rights and to video tape that extraordinary interaction!

Wonderful job!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

There are Border Patrol offices all across the country, in every major city and some not so major. Some illegal aliens do make it past the border. Agents look for them everywhere, or, I should say, they should.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I agree with you WTFover,
I've been doing it for ten years and communication is the issue. Don't think that communication worked here. This guy just wanted to be an A**. You can determine many things through dialog. I always tell people who I come into contact with that at least for we street officers, honesty goes a long way. They may have to take the ride for what they did, but they were honest, and good cops can work with that.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

they set up the checkpoints 100 miles from the border because there are some areas along the border which are not easily patrolled on the ground. The border patrol uses helicopters and drones along those areas. the coyotes use these areas to smuggle illegals into the U.S. and then the illegals are told to walk in a certain direction to a road and trucks will be there to pick them up and move them farther north.

So the Border patrol sets up checkpoints up to 100 miles inland from the border to try and catch the illegals that came through those areas of the border.

Like the one CBP officer said with a football analogy they are protecting the back field.

[edit on 4/18/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."
- pastor Martin Niemoller -

YES!, Thank you! This is exactly what I thought of when the other thread was started about the dude in the OP video getting(allegedly) beaten, tazed and ridiculed.
edit: Sorry, Masonwatcher, I didn't see you'd already posted it earlier in the thread, thank you as well, but first.

And thank you again jfj123 for taking the more ignorant amongst us to task for sticking up for these violators of our constitutional rights.
Some of the knuckleheads around here don't seem to get it and being worried about exposition of these violations resulting in further legislation to "close the loophole" is a bogus excuse. It is these boarder patrol agents who are crossing the line first and if that weren't the case, then why do they always let the checkpointusa dude go through?

Alas, round and round we'll go even though this game has already been itemized at length here on ATS.

You are safe and secure and their job is simply to trick you into letting them exploit your rights much like inviting a vampire into your house...only these guys are REAL!

[edit on 18-4-2009 by 4N6310]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

This guy's an idiot! he clearly provokes the officers and continues to attempt to escalate the situation, christ sakes just answer their questions and cooperate and then be on your way.They never said he was under arrest it was just a routinestop this punk should stop making these videos and provoking the police and be glad he doesn't live in friggin Iran or something pastor my arse more like punkster if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Do any of you realize how much contraband is transported in vehicle's throughout our country? What does a vehicle that is transporting contraband look like? Do any of you realize just what type, and how much crime is occurring in your streets, who is the victim, who is the suspect?! Who is sneaking around out there while you're sleeping? Who is the crackhead just looking to steal to get the next hit, who is the dangerous criminal who is going to break into your house while armed?
Your good street cop does. Because he/she interacts with these people on a regular basis. Perception is a powerful thing. You can show an incident to ten different people and get ten different opinions. Random vehicle searches have produced a large quantity of contraband seizures around the country that would not have been detected without the search. Not just drugs, but weapons, explosives, drug money, and even cadavers. If any of you want to know just what a law enforcement job encompasses I recommend that you attend a Citizen's Police Academy if your local agency offers it.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Here's a bit of information for some of you regarding our fourth amendment rights, www.abovetopsecret.com... of course the thread got little attention and I knew it would because not many intelligent things can be said in support of being un cooperative with the police.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

After viewing this video, my response is, "...what a waste of manpower that could be used on the border to capture illegals." During this long confrontation I counted almost a dozen people on one vehicle making false arguments to try to detain an American citizen who displayed no reason for them to suspect him of any wrongdoing. All the while, at the border, illegals are swarming northward undetained.

I don't buy the football anology. We are not playing football, for God's sake. But if you insist on it, how reasonable would it be to hold half your players on the sideline till the opposing team got 50 yards downfield?

What a waste of time and precious man power!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Yes, Mercenary....that makes perfect sense. BUT, from the video, this guy was in a Ford Sedan. To allege that he was possibly a 'coyote' smuggling illegals is ludicrous.

jfj still has a point....IF we comply, sheepishly (my word) then we risk the erosion of our basic principles, and our Rights as Citizens.

Of course, a simple rolling down the window, they see you're 'white' and you don't have an accent....and they wave you on your way. Is THAT what you want? Because it treads dangerously close to a 'racial profiling' edge of the cliff.....

I had pondered a question earlier, up above: Are the Border Patrol (ICE) officers in their jurisdiction as 'peace officers' when it comes to demanding to see an 'Operator's License'?? Understanding, of course, that your 'privelege' to operate on a 'Public Highway' or 'street' depends upon having in possession a valid Driver's License, and current registration and insurance info re: your vehicle.

In other words, DO the Border Agents have the right and authority to demand to see the DL?

Compared to an actual Peace Officer who will pull you over, and want to see 'license, registration and proof of insurance...'.

The major difference I see here is: When you are operating your vehicle in a legal manner, and you have no obvious vehicle violations, i.e., loud pipes, broken/inop lights, etc....and you are not weaving or exhibiting signs of impairment, then there is no probable cause for the PO to pull you over. I got pulled over just the other night, as example, because unknown to me my brake light was out on one side. I have the 'cyclops' light in the trunk lid, of course....but the left 'brake' light was out. One can check the other lights, but without help, or extra effort, such as backing up against a wall and tapping your brakes to check, (and who does this?) I had no idea.

It was a no-drama event, all was well, and I knew to replace the bulb.

These 'check-points' that I've only recently been made aware of, through these threads on ATS, show me a fairly frightening view of the incremental steps of a possible over-all plan to erode certain rights.

Too many words....I'm not known for brevity...but the gist is: YES, driving on an Inter-State HighWay is a privelege. But, equally, a law-abiding citizen in a duly registered and licensed vehicle MUST be given the benefit of the doubt, UNLESS some sort of suspicious and/or probable cause behavior is observed.

To/From a Border crossing? Well, of course....we submit. That is reasonable.

An average citizen, in a Ford Sedan, on an InterState Highway that just 'happens' to be near the Mexican border? A certain amount of discretion could have been used by the officers....for instance, stop the big panel vans with no windows. With suspicious license plates....which brings me to....the mere fact that EVERY car that is stopped for inspection has a license plate. To think that the ICE doesn't have the same access to the plate data as other law enforcement databases is to infer that they aren't given the inter-agency tools to properly do their jobs.

Summation: The tactics employed and advocated by these US Citizens are wavering on the cliff's edge of legality....BUT they are attempting to make a point. AND, hate to say it, but IF you are not 'lily white' and you attempt these 'tactics'....good luck!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I don't know when this happened, but unfortunately, in several decisions, the supreme court has indeed decided that the cops can pull you over for NO reason whatsoever and search your car without a warrant and with no probable cause. It was the conservative justices who thought giving cops that kind of power was a good idea.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
To all of you people saying this guy is an A-hole or support the border patrol agents actions in this video, I have a few reminders for you.

1. It is not illegal to be an A-hole.

2. The border patrol agents in this video do not understand constitutional rights and attempt to violate this individuals rights.

3. Believe it or not, but by saying this guy "was asking for it" or "he should have just rolled the window down" (even though he already complied with the law by stopping), you are actually part of the "Well if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about" crowd. Think about it for a minute.......They asked for something that was not required....yeah he was asking for it.

4. Our rights are being taken away more and more everyday, and most of the people who think defending your rights is a joke or just "stupid", does not even know what freedom really is. The more people that do not exercise their rights, the more our country goes down the toilet. You have been programmed to submit to the authorities and most of you do not even know what your rights are. This is why people surrender their rights everyday to authorities without even knowing it. TPTB have done an excellent job at making you all submissive.

It is time to snap out of your little trance and exercise your constitutional rights (and inform other people about their rights) while you still have them. Use them or lose them. As generations have progressed so has our ignorance of what freedom is and what it is worth. Is it because we forget how much blood was shed for us to have such right?

Side with the cops in this situation and you are helping to flush that spilled blood and constitution down the crapper.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Unmask The Deception]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Unmask The Deception

Being submisive and being cooperative are two different things, and at what point did the officers violate the man's rights? You can defend the constitution all you want but don't use it as a crutch too many people have and used it for an excuse to circumvent the law fact is cooperation is not a loss of liberty...period!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join