Abusive border patrol agents "im pretty sure you are a terrorist" {video}

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by jfj123

So, it is the second time around you can read? Had to let those emotions calm down a little bit first huh?

Funny how you're blaming me for your screw up. Like I said, it is difficult to read when use QUOTES the wrong way. I believe someone else posted the same thing. It's a shame that you can't just say, "oops, my bad" or even nothing at all. You screw up and you try and blame me. Hopefully you don't do this with everything in your life ???? Always somebody else's fault....not yours....

Cops coming to my house, my computer, my bank records and what ever else you had mentioned outside of being a checkpoint doesn't apply to the situation we were speaking of, that was just you being emotional and acting out in a tantrum.

Not at all. You see those things would also be a violation of your Constitutional rights.

Of course you don't remember him carrying the constitution around, as he said, because that would make the situation a little odd.

Again, I never said he did, or didn't. I simply said I didn't remember that part. Let's just say he did. So what???? That is his right. Your avatar is a little odd.....your responses are a little odd....does that mean it's ok to violate your Constitutional rights? cause you're a little odd????? NOPE.

People don't carry bibles around to proclaim their rights so that is moot.

They carry the bible around to proclaim "something". Before dismissing the point as moot, you should at least understand it.

Officers carry Miranda rights around because that is part of their duty, so that point is moot.

you don't even realize what you just wrote

Ever think the preacher carries around the Constitution as part of his duty ? Every citizen has a duty to the Constitution. As you say, it's a living document. So once again, your own words prove you're either not understanding what you're writing or you're just trying to inflame the thread. My guess is the latter.

Adults work through things rationally

You should try it sometime

This is what separates the men from the boys, their behavior.

And wisdom

And understanding responsibility

What that cop did to that woman turns my stomach and the fact that men watched it happen...there is no excuse.

Then what are you arguing about?
You seem to agree that Constitutional violations are wrong and abuses of power in general are wrong. And, anyone who doesn't stand up to those abuses, help fuel future abuses. Based on that, you should be supporting the preacher, not criticizing him.

There will be bad seeds in any field.

But don't you agree that, "bad seeds" in those fields where people are entrusted with massive amounts of power over others, are particularly heinous??

The person embezzling money is no better.

Although inexcusable, embezzling is a different kind of crime. It isn't a direct assault on another.

A person using pirated software is no better.

Although a crime and also not excusable, this is not on the same level as a Constitutional violation against an individual or an entire society.

A person using any advantage they have to directly or indirectly hurt someone else is just as brutal. Because I can see this, I can weight right and wrong and not what is just good for me and my rights, but others equally.

But that is exactly how the Constitution was designed-to protect the individual and minority.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by AlienChaser

Yes he is dragging his feet, they all seem to do that here. I'm guessing he thinks that she'll get tired of showing up for court and will just stop coming (it's a stalling tactic they use here to try and get the case dropped), but i don't think she's gonna give up that easily, at least i hope not.

They thought he would plead guilty when he went to court in February, but he didn't.

He's facing 15 felony charges including aggravated battery, official misconduct, intimidating, and communicating with a witness. That's what police officers do here in Chicago if you dare to press charges on them, they get your info from the department and they have their buddies come and intimidate you, or follow you around get you on bogus traffic stops, etc.

The Independant Police Review Authority recomended that he be fired.

He was due back in court this month, but we haven't heard anything as of yet. He did thid over two years ago and still hasn't gone to trial, it'll probably be another two years before it gets to trial if it does at all.

Thanks for the update

This is something we all should be interested in keeping our eye on.
A massive abuse of authority like this is inexcusable. What you really have to wonder is, where does somebody like this draw the line? And since his buddies are helping him, where do they draw the line? If it's ok to beat this woman, and they all can justify it, I'm sure they could justify raping her or just about anything else. Isn't that scarey ????

I hope she also sues him in civil court.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Says here they are taking to deporting you US citizens now .

U.S. Citizens Detained and Deported by Immigration

Posted on Apr 24, 2009

AP Photo / Mark Avery
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers arrest a suspect during a pre-dawn raid in Santa Ana, California.

In its zeal to crack down on illegal immigration, Immigration and Customs Enforcement is detaining and deporting American citizens. The Center for Investigative Reporting’s Andrew Becker talks about his investigation into this disturbing trend.

It's an audio report at : Link

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by AlienChaser

(it's a stalling tactic they use here to try and get the case dropped)

Thanks for the update

This is something we all should be interested in keeping our eye on.
A massive abuse of authority like this is inexcusable.

This guy is a piece of garbage who deserves to go to jail for a long time. Unfortunately, his lawyer is using every trick available to "protect his constitutional rights" and ensure a "fair trial".

The predominant argument here has been that the guy in the OP is merely invoking and protecting his constitutional rights. Be careful what you ask for...Sometimes you get it.

(Sorry. I'm still trying to figure out this quote thing)

[edit on 30-4-2009 by WTFover]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Remember when I said around here you dont mess with ICE?Border Patrol?
well this little new blip hit our local news last night...

border patrol shoot man to death

A police chase ended Friday with officers shooting and killing the driver.

It happened Friday afternoon on I-10 west of Las Cruces.

A state police officer and border patrol agents were chasing a car going 130 miles an hour. The chase ended at a rest stop where the suspect pulled over.

Investigators say the driver stepped out of the car with what looked like a rifle.

The state police officer and border agents then opened fire on the man.

Did you catch the part about "the driver stepped out of the car with what looked like a rifle"? I'm telling you out here with no one to see what they're doing ... anything can happen, and you'd be just another body found out in the badlands... that's if anyone ever finds you...

[edit on 2-5-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The Border Patrol has a tough job, and it's getting tougher every day. Having said that, I think that they can get their priorities mixed up and some are absolute A******s (just like cops...most good, some bad).

In 1999 a friend of mine was returning from a visit to some of his wife's relatives in Canada. She was a British national at the time and they had been married for almost 2 years. What they didn't realize was that at that particular stage of things, she wasn't allowed to leave the US (simple misunderstanding). When trying to return to the US they were stopped, interrogated at length (remember this was BEFORE 9/11 and they had been married for a while), and then turned back and refused re-entry to the US.

What actually happened: My friend kept his cool and drove back to Toronto, put his wife and stepdaughter on a BA flight to Heathrow, they stayed with friends, with only the clothes they had taken for a weekend and no income, for the 4 months it took to get the whole mess sorted out.

What my friend WANTED to do at the time: The Border Patrol bastard was actually smiling and leering at him as if he was enjoying it all. He wanted to snatch the M92 S&W that the jerk was wearing and put a 9mm round between the eyes of his sad, pathetic, pasty complected and zit-ridden, carrot-topped face.

But he didn't. And I think that's a good thing. That's the only Border Patrol horror story I have in my repertoire.

But some of them are definitely arrogant and out of control.

The INS and Border Patrol have definitely got to get their acts together.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
When you live down here in a border state one thing you learn real fast... Don't mess with ICE/Border patrol agents... They can hold you as long as they want until you can prove you are a US born citizen... Just a drivers Licence isn't going to cut it, DL's can easily be faked or forged....

US born? What if you are a naturalized citizen? Or a legal resident? And what if you're in the US as a legal tourist?......

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutonomousI have a feeling a lot of people would just sit there and take the violation and just be thankful they didn't anger the "peace officer".

This is the core as I see things. People dont dare to speak up, and instead play along while they search you off as a crminial and digg in your car. How do we feel in our heart, if we are hard working citizens by being threated like this. Now this circle can continue on, and we start to hide our own feelings as there are more abuse getting towards us. Mentally we get fried after years of keeping up and hiding our own voice.

Its right to speak up like this, the officers could do some soul searching, even though I feel they arent the problem to this, they do their thing living in their world.

But the real issues are, start to speak up for yourself more often. Even though I feel he was hard on this patrols, it proved a certain point.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The poor guy actually didn't know his rights... the courts decided that the Constitution only sort of applies at borders. Government agents are not required to have objectively-based reasonable suspicion to stop or search you (though reasonable suspicion is required for a seizure).

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join