It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Sun Dog UFO.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderfulWorld

I think you need to read up on clouds buddy, all of what you've listed can be explained.

I'll address the "roundness" comment, because you should appreciate these pictures:

Some reading:
mmem.spschools.org...

[edit on 18/4/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
.... I think you need to read up on clouds buddy, all of what you've listed can be explained."

Excuse me, buddy, what are these fantasy cloud pictures, a joke? Did you mean read up on clouds or read up on photoshopping?

[edit on 18-4-2009 by WonderfulWorld]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Have you got something constructive to add or are you just here to argue?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
These "fantasy clouds" are nothing but optical illusions played by reflection/refractionof light passing through atmospheric moisture particles of which clouds are made of (go read it up.)
Next you'll be saying the Aurora Borealis are laser lights being shot from Alien Spaceships as messages to the people of Earth. These clouds are NATURAL in their structure, appearance and formation and anyone who suggests otherwise is a grade A idiot.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I really don't have a comeback to this, how am I supposed to debate someone as ignorant as you?

Just google "Altocumulus Lenticularis" and have a look at the results yourself.

I'm done with this thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am not sure what this is doing under Aliens and UFOs. It's not unidentified, it's a cloud. We know what clouds are, you know...

Very cool, but nothing alien, mysterious, or strange about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
For those interested in "odd" cloud formations and who still might believe they are not natural....here is a great gallery of images:

www.cloudappreciationsociety.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's funny how some people look at a cloud and think it's a ufo. But at the same time it's embarrassing to the ufo community.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's about five to six posters against one, blended with personal attacks. Great. You win.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
It's funny how some people look at a cloud and think it's a ufo. But at the same time it's embarrassing to the ufo community.

It's funny how some people are so quick to condemn those who see something unusual and wish to discuss it on an open forum and a overwhelming outpouring of others who think it is silly post after post for no reason except to make the ones who choose to look at alternative possibilities appear as and be called ignorant.

Exploring alternative ideas doesn't mean that one is always completely convinced that what they see is what they think it "might" be.

Although science and meteorology and atmospheric sciences to help understand these things that appear as an anomaly it doesn't mean that there is still no value in discussing other ideas.

If such is embarrassing to the UFO community then they maybe could grow a tougher skin, as Skeptic Overlord said conspiracy theory isn't for the spineless, neither I would say is UFO research for the spineless.

Don't forget the UFO community isn't a hive mind.

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderfulWorld

Originally posted by Chadwickus
.... I think you need to read up on clouds buddy, all of what you've listed can be explained."

Excuse me, buddy, what are these fantasy cloud pictures, a joke? Did you mean read up on clouds or read up on photoshopping?

Those are not fantasy clouds, nor photoshopped -- they are lenticular clouds, and they are very real. I saw one last year, very similar to the second picture in chadwickus' post.

If you are so uneducated in the subject matter that you think clouds such as these can't possibly exist, then you shouldn't be posting in the "definitive close minded" manner that you are posting.

Lenticular clouds and pileus clouds are very real. Please expand your knowledge about clouds prior to blindly debunking the science behind this phenomena.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NateNute
I've never seen anything like it. So I posted the video looking for an answer. What's the problem Chad?

Good thing to do when you see chad involved in any thread is click the ignore button under his name make's ATS a much better place to be.

The video is cool thank's for posting.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I understand what you are saying, and maybe some were too aggressive in their derision of the OP for posting in the wrong forum, but there are other forums for discussing weird atmospheric phenomenon here on ATS. They could have posted on the 'science' of 'fragile Earth' boards to find out what the people on those boards (with vast collective knowledge) have to say about them possibly being clouds, as the video in the OP suggests that they are.

If it turned out to be something NOT natural in origin, then the discussion can take place on the UFO board.

[edit on 4/18/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I'm gonna take a picture of a lenticular cloud and send it to you. Obviously you can't tell the difference between a cloud and a ufo.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee

Good thing to do when you see chad involved in any thread is click the ignore button under his name make's ATS a much better place to be.

No, that would be a very BAD idea. Chadwickus is a true resource to this forum, he provides relevant facts and info in his posts, it is actually possible to learn something from his contributions.

ATS would be a much more IGNORANT place to be for anyone who followed your "advice".

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Wow I read this whole post and was surprised how some people acted. I didnt see a need for personal attacks but whatever.....I also noticed the name change..Did the original name of this thread get changed??

As for everything I have read in this post I still think it's a natural formation esp after looking at various pics and links about these clouds. IDK why some are being the way they are it's supposed to be an adult conversation about the OP's picture. If someone is so adamant about it not being natural then I say let them think what they want. I dont think you are going to change their mind even with all the amazing video's and pictures. Heck I post a picture earlier of a guy who I wanted know their identity and come to find out it was a photoshopped picture and I really wanted him to be a real creepy looking guy..

Anyways...I enjoyed looking at the links and pics on here because I have never seen this before and it is quite amazing but IMO not alien like.
I have seen clouds with what looks like funnel shadows coming out of them and I live in FL. I always thought those were neat. I wouldnt mind seeing these other ones though.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Lenticular clouds are CLOUDS that look like ufos but they are not ufos. The topic writer doesn't seem to understand that.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I understand what you are saying, and maybe some were too aggressive in their derision of the OP for posting in the wrong forum, but there are other forums for discussing weird atmospheric phenomenon here on ATS. They could have posted on the 'science' of 'fragile Earth' boards to find out what the people on those boards (with vast collective knowledge) have to say about them possibly being clouds, as the video in the OP suggests that they are.

If it turned out to be something NOT natural in origin, then the discussion can take place on the UFO board.

I agree with what you have said.

Actually a mod offered earlier to take a little consensus from the posters as to whether to move the thread or not.

I am all for moving it if others think it would be better for the sake of this particular concern as you explained above.

To the poster with the alien bunny avatar, I won't dignify your attempt to engage me in a flame war, but hey...............do what you do best!

[edit on 18-4-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

Originally posted by h3akalee

No, that would be a very BAD idea. Chadwickus is a true resource to this forum, he provides relevant facts and info in his posts, it is actually possible to learn something from his contributions.

ATS would be a much more IGNORANT place to be for anyone who followed your "advice".

No, I definitely agree with Lee. The first thing that happened on this thread by a noob was that he instantly got attacked for no reason by Chadickus and was lied to by greeneyedleo about the sundogs that she sees all the time in Denver and in her first post declaring that what we're looking at here is a sundog. She knows, she "sees them all the time in Denver". hahaha, I'll just bet you do. Just as a reminder, these are sundogs:

photography.nationalgeographic.com...

If I were to quote Chad's claim to fame, I'm "just trying to deny ignorance".

The OP didn't ask for, nor deserve to be given this treatment. And when we constantly see that everywhere Chadickus is posting and attacking people, greeneyedleo is usually along for the ride to help tag team on any topic they decide to trash... apparently just for the fun of it. We don't need this kind of behavior on any site, let alone one who's going to such detail to keep a clean image as ATS is doing.

No, from a purely common sense perspective, Lee's advice is the most logical.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Albertarocks]

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Albertarocks]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join