It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Sun Dog UFO.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderfulWorld

Originally posted by Chovy
I hope you read the title of the video before you decided it was a spaceship. Video title: "Bizarre cloud in Saudi" case closed.

Case NOT closed. You can’t be serious. A silly YouTube video title certainly is no point to decide on an ATS argument. Come on.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by WonderfulWorld]

You are clearly here to just troll and argue with Chadwickus.

Why don't YOU show us how there is no way these are clouds and show us how there is possibility they are of alien nature.

Step up to the plate and support your belief that Chadwickus (and myself) is wrong. I look forward to your analysis.

And please read my signature. Should be the motto of this forum!!

[edit on 4/18/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Chovy
I hope you read the title of the video before you decided it was a spaceship. Video title: "Bizarre cloud in Saudi" case closed.

Case NOT closed. You can’t be serious. A silly YouTube video title certainly is no point to decide on an ATS argument. Come on.

You are clearly here to just troll ... Why don't YOU show us ...

No, YOU are clearly here to troll. And it was you claiming it to be a “giant Sundog” and “I live in Denver and see them all the time here.” I was just asking you to give an explanation. But obviously you can’t. So don't talk about "Having an open mind".

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderfulWorld

Let me get this straight, because the videos I posted are not identical to the OP video, it's fishy?

And you're also saying you've never seen that shadow effect through clouds before?

Does these look unnatural as well??

[edit on 18/4/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yep, definently a pileus cloud, with iridescence in it, causing the rainbow like clouds. The rainbow effect is caused by sunlight being refracted and diffracted by ice crystals (also occurs in mid level clouds with supercolled water droplets) in the top of the cumulonimbus.

Its a common misconception that a cloud with rainbow-like colours are earthquake clouds. The real earthquake clouds are caused by a release of water vapour from the earth, and do not reach the altitude at which iridescence occurs in clouds.

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Lots of photos here: www.atoptics.co.uk...

So why is this alien?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

www.atoptics.co.uk...
Iridescence in Florida pileus clouds. Imaged in July '03 by David LaPuma (site) using a Leica Televid 77 APO spotting scope. The inset shows the area of the main image atop a towering cumulus cloud. Pileus or "mushroom cap" clouds are formed above cumulus. During the day warm moist air in cumulus rises and the clouds tower upwards. Sometimes their vertical growth pushes up a layer of moist air above them. The air layer expands as it is forced up into lower pressure surroundings and adiabatically cools. The water vapour in it suddenly condenses forming a misty veil-like layer of droplets above the cumulus - pileus cloud. Any cloud formed suddenly has all its droplets of similar size - ideal for iridescence or a corona

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

No, YOU are clearly here to troll. And it was you claiming it to be a “giant Sundog” and “I live in Denver and see them all the time here.” I was just asking you to give an explanation. But obviously you can’t. So don't talk about "Having an open mind".

What about this explanation: An artifical cloud to hide/cover up an arriving/launching spacecraft?

Ok, now its your turn to provide for your explanation

Everyone here is doing some leg work. Please, step up to the plate. Your turn. Or are you here to just argue?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It is aperfect example of a Pileus cloud formation from a developing CB cloud that had developed Nacreous characteristics due to the angle and shadowing of the sun. Ive been studying Meteorology for 10 years now and this is a classic case of too much "Uforia"

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Let's leave the personal jabs off the board please.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm not here to troll.. hehe..

It it a very interesting "cloud", the thing I haven't seen anyone discuss is the fact that the surrounding clouds don't have this "sundog" effect. None of the pictures posted above have other clouds around them to see if they would also have them or not. It's just the one cloud in the video, none of the others. Seems to me that the others in the video would have a degree of this effect as well, they seem to be at the same altitude, etc.

Just sayin'

[edit on 18/4/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Pileus clouds are thin and horizontal and the other surrounding clouds (usually cumulus) is thick, so light doesn't penetrate.

Apologies if that explanation isn't 100% but that is my understanding of it.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Let me get this straight, because the videos I posted are not identical to the OP video, it's fishy?

Excuse me, but didn’t I exactly explain why it’s fishy?: “... looks very fishy, especially combined with that suspect huge straight “channel” in the sky (second video). No natural occurrence.” Hence I did NOT assert it’s fishy “because the videos” you “posted are not identical to the OP video”.

And you're also saying you've never seen that shadow effect through clouds before?

Of course I have. But it certainly didn't look like in the OP video.

Does these look unnatural as well??

I don’t know if this is natural or not. But that “channel” in the second of the two videos DOES appear to be artificial. Look a those perfectly even edges. You can't compare the two.

Nice cloud. What's it got to do with the OP video?

Again, very different looking. No proof of anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It is impossible to get an EXACT replica of the OP.
But what is being presented by Chadwickus is similar conditions producing similar results. What more can be shown??? Videos and photos have been provided and some are still saying: it could be alien. Well, please now show us why it could be alien.

Source for 2nd photo with explanation: www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I was pointing out the cloud shadows with the picture.

What (I think) you're asking is impossible, you want to see an identical video or picture of the OP video, clouds are like snowflakes, no two are the same.

So I can't show you the exact thing we see in the OP.

Now, can you provide proof of your theory?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

www.atoptics.co.uk...
Iridescence in Florida pileus clouds. Imaged in July '03 by David LaPuma (site) using a Leica Televid 77 APO spotting scope. The inset shows the area of the main image atop a towering cumulus cloud. Pileus or "mushroom cap" clouds are formed above cumulus. During the day warm moist air in cumulus rises and the clouds tower upwards. Sometimes their vertical growth pushes up a layer of moist air above them. The air layer expands as it is forced up into lower pressure surroundings and adiabatically cools. The water vapour in it suddenly condenses forming a misty veil-like layer of droplets above the cumulus - pileus cloud. Any cloud formed suddenly has all its droplets of similar size - ideal for iridescence or a corona

That looks like a cloud to me. No alien spaceship here.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This is NOT a natural cloud (OP video stills):

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

This is NOT a natural cloud:

Can you please explain why this is not natural? Based on explanations by experts, it is natural. But if you can provide why it is NOT natural, im all ears. Im here to learn.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I realize some members won't like this thread remaining in the Aliens forum, but for me I think it's a great example of how something completely natural could appear other worldly to someone not familiar with this amazing work of mother nature.

I will move it to a different forum if enough people think it should be moved.

Please u2u me with requests of moving as opposed to posting in the thread.

Thanks and happy posting,

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Can you please explain why this is not natural? Based on explanations by experts, it is natural. But if you can provide why it is NOT natural, im all ears. Im here to learn.

- The very strange Iridescence, i.e. the strange color, AND luminosity, AND gradient.
- The near perfect circular shape.
- The also strange looking edges of the “cloud”.
- The otherwise totally blue sky.
- What "Albertarocks" (page 1) and “Iamonlyhuman” (page 2) wrote in their posts.

This is no "natural coincidence". Forget it.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

- The very strange Iridescence, i.e. the strange color, AND luminosity, AND gradient.
- The near perfect circular shape.
- The also strange looking edges of the “cloud”.
- The otherwise totally blue sky.
- What "Albertarocks" (page 1) and “Iamonlyhuman” (page 2) wrote in their posts.

This is no "natural coincidence". Forget it.

So none of the explanations mean anything?

The warm air of thunder clouds boils upwards and pushes layers of moist air above them to higher altitudes. The air expands and cools, its moisture condenses out to form a pileus or 'cap' cloud.

Pileus shines with colour because its droplets, formed at the same time, are similar sized and the cloud is thin. Iridescence is the result of diffraction by individual droplets. Clouds do not usually reveal the colours because the diffraction patterns of different sized drops average together to white and because in thick clouds light is scattered by many drops before emerging.

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Here are some of these "Iridescent Pileus" clouds that is in the OP video:
Iridescent Pileus clouds

You jumped on me for not providing evidence of what I thought I was seeing - though I admit, I didnt have the name down right.

So, now I would love to see evidence of your explanations.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Some more info for you:

www.spaceweather.com...

PILEUS CLOUD: "I've never seen anything like this before," reports Shantara Ford of Santa Fe, New Mexico. "I was taking photos of the sun streaming through some thunder clouds yesterday when I saw what looked like a stack of circular auroras sitting on top of the cloud."

Auroras in New Mexico? It has happened before, but not this week.

Atmospheric optics expert Les Cowley explains what Shantara saw: "This is an iridescent pileus cloud. On sunny afternoons, cumulus clouds boil upwards, pushing layers of moist air above them even higher where they cool and condense to form cloud caps or 'pileus' (Latin for cap). Pileus clouds formed very quickly have their water droplets all the same size--the perfect condition for iridescent colors."

Readers, when cumulus clouds rapidly surge into your afternoon sky, look for the caps. "It was truly an amazing experience," says Shantara.

more images: from Dr. Michael T. Goodling of Kenya, East Africa
www.spaceweather.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join