It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Sun Dog UFO.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What the heck is this thing coming out of the clouds? It looks like something straight out of Independence day. Is it a giant sun dog? Link below.

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 4/18/2009 by Spiderj]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yes, giant Sundog. I live in Denver and see them all the time here. Amazing and beautiful! There is nothing alien about this
But I will let some of our "weather" guys chime in.

Im editing this to add that I said "sundog" incorrectly and the correct term is: "Iridescent Pileus"

[edit on 4/18/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Why is this in aliens and UFO's?

You actually think this is some alien craft?

Bit of a leap of logic don't you think?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Awesome looking!
Yeah nature sure is great. The only thing Extra Terrestrial about that video is the sun.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Beautiful footage indeed! Dosen't matter what it is......it's breathtaking! How do this clouds form?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've never seen anything like it. So I posted the video looking for an answer. What's the problem Chad?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NateNute

The problem is you posting this in Aliens and UFO's with the title of "They're here? In Saudi."

IF you were asking what it was your title wouldn't be that and you would have posted it in fragile earth.

Also if you had read the title and description as well as watching the video a little closely you would see that it's been described as a weird cloud formation.

So, why did you believe it was aliens?

Look sorry if I seem a bit short, just trying to deny ignorance...

[edit on 18/4/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I remember OzWeatherMan describing this natural occurrence. Something to do with light hitting particles way up there.

I'll leave it to him to explain

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That's a really neat cloud formation but I am guessing it's natural and not Alien related. Very cool though.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Yes, giant Sundog. I live in Denver and see them all the time here. Amazing and beautiful! There is nothing alien about this
But I will let some of our "weather" guys chime in.

Hmmmm. Really? If you "see them all the time here" then why can't you explain what a "Sundog" is? Or provide any regarding link? As long as you - and nobody else - doesn't, that "Sundog" explanation looks like a possible cover up. I think this stuff looks VERY alien. For instance look at the suspiciously near exact circular shape of the "cloud".

[edit on 18-4-2009 by WonderfulWorld]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
I remember OzWeatherMan describing this natural occurrence. Something to do with light hitting particles way up there.

He did in another thread...yesterday I think?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderfulWorld

Hmmmm. Really? If you "see them all the time here" then why can't you explain what a "Sundog" is? Or provide any regarding link? As long as you - and nobody else - don't, that "Sundog" explanation looks like a possible cover up. I think this stuff looks VERY alien. For instance look at the near exact circular shape of the "cloud".

Yup, Alien Pileus cloud!

From the link Zieg7410 provided:

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Yep, definently a pileus cloud, with iridescence in it, causing the rainbow like clouds. The rainbow effect is caused by sunlight being refracted and diffracted by ice crystals (also occurs in mid level clouds with supercolled water droplets) in the top of the cumulonimbus.

Its a common misconception that a cloud with rainbow-like colours are earthquake clouds. The real earthquake clouds are caused by a release of water vapour from the earth, and do not reach the altitude at which iridescence occurs in clouds.

www.atoptics.co.uk...

[edit on 18/4/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zieg7410

Originally posted by dmorgan

He did in another thread...yesterday I think?

First a "Sundog", then a "pileus cloud"...? Sounds sooo scientific ... I think the clouds in www.abovetopsecret.com... look VERY different.

What about this explanation: An artifical cloud to hide/cover up an arriving/launching spacecraft?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
First of all, that's not a sundog. This is a sundog:

www.northernlatitude.com...

At first I didn't see anything strange about that video because my first and immediate impression was that the sun was directly behind it. It simply appeared to be a case where the sun was "almost" shining right through a relatively thin cloud. And judging from where the light is landing on nearby clouds, that's still probably the case.

But this phenomenon sure does look like the light it's emitting is coming from within, and not from the sun behind the cloud (if that's indeed where the sun is). And then there's that very strange rim around the cloud, making it look kind of like a mushroom. That rim is not lit up, yet being on the circumference of the cloud, that rim should be 'especially' lit up.

I'm neither a skeptic debunker type of person, nor are my opinions cast in stone. If there's an inkling of a possibility that I'm wrong, I'm willing to listen. On the one hand, my logical mind wants to dismiss this as nothing more than a very rare and interesting phenomenon of weather. But on the other hand, there are enough strange details that force me to give it another look. This is very interesting. I have to admit, I'm on the fence on this one - my logical mind and my open mind are in conflict about this.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderfulWorld

Here's a couple more from youtube:

Quite stunning actually.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I hope you read the title of the video before you decided it was a spaceship. Video title: "Bizarre cloud in Saudi" case closed.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by NateNute

Look sorry if I seem a bit short, just trying to deny ignorance...

I'm with NateNute on this one Chad. You didn't come across necessarily as short, but as flat out condescending. In all due respect, who in hell are you to start handing out barbs to a guy who has so little experience here as shown by his points? Look at my points! I'm a neophyte as well.

You're trying to deny ignorance? What does that mean? What does that imply? It's an arrogant statement and nothing more. Look, I'm not the type of person who wants to start a fight... indeed I'm a real friendly guy, but that just really annoyed me.

I've seen some interesting posts that you initiated, like this one:

and I didn't see anybody stickin' their nose in your business.

This post (my post that you're reading right now) might be seen as contributing nothing to the thread, and I'd have to agree. I made my contribution above though.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by WonderfulWorld

Here's a couple more from youtube:

Quite stunning actually.

Sorry, not convincing. Firstly the “cloud” in these two videos still looks very different. Secondly, ALSO that second “cloud” looks very fishy, especially combined with that suspect huge straight “channel” in the sky (second video). No natural occurrence.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

I'm with NateNute on this one Chad. You didn't come across necessarily as short, but as flat out condescending. In all due respect, who in hell are you to start handing out barbs to a guy who has so little experience here as shown by his points? Look at my points! I'm a neophyte as well.

What does points have to do with anything, I don't care if they have 10 points or 10 thousand, I'll speak my mind and if that offends you or anyone else, all you gotta do is hit the alert button and a mod will decide.

So, hit the alert button, if a mod deems my post inappropriate, so be it. There's no skin off my back.

You're trying to deny ignorance? What does that mean? What does that imply? It's an arrogant statement and nothing more. Look, I'm not the type of person who wants to start a fight... indeed I'm a real friendly guy, but that just really annoyed me.

Well what would you call it then? When the title, description and video is suggesting a "weird cloud formation" the OP is clearly ignorant in my mind.

I've seen some interesting posts that you initiated, like this one:

and I didn't see anybody stickin' their nose in your business.

This post (my post that you're reading right now) might be seen as contributing nothing to the thread, and I'd have to agree. I made my contribution above though.

People could have stuck their nose in if they like, that's the whole point of a discussion board isn't it?

If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you, maybe this isn't the place for you.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
I hope you read the title of the video before you decided it was a spaceship. Video title: "Bizarre cloud in Saudi" case closed.

Case NOT closed. You can’t be serious. A silly YouTube video title certainly is no point to decide on an ATS argument. Anybody can make up titles at will. And obviously the YouTube poster just couldn't explain. So the title isn't a proof of anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join