It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: Sanctions a declaration of war

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dkman222

Originally posted by komp_uk
I know this is quite wild and random speculation but have a look here :

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 4.9 - CHINA-RUSSIA-NORTH KOREA BORDER REGION
2009 April 18 03:56:31 UTC

Do you think it could be an underground test of something?

hmm, that is odd, now when you say underground test, do you mean like they tested a nuke underground? or like something HAARP related?

seems sorta like it hit all are enemies at once lol.

I wouldnt like to hazard a guess more than an underground test. It just seems odd and timely with the rhetoric.

For now its just trying to add 2+2

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by komp_uk
I know this is quite wild and random speculation but have a look here :

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 4.9 - CHINA-RUSSIA-NORTH KOREA BORDER REGION
2009 April 18 03:56:31 UTC

Do you think it could be an underground test of something?

In GE it shows up in the border region of China. If it was connected to North Korea underground testing, I think this would seriously piss off China.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
There isn't going to be any swatting. Too many lives are at stake here. The only way hostilities will really break out is if little Kimmy does something really stupid like act on his rhetoric and attacks his neighbors. I think that everybody in his neighborhood has had just about enough of him!

YES including the Chinese, Hes an embarrassment!

i dig you mate.

he sets himself perfectly up for the NWO to attack and then blame him for talking and muscle flexing too much, it's almost the perfect setup..

have to wait and see come the 30th

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
If they want to declare war on the US...........Well come on!!!!! Those poor people don't have anything!! We could swat them like a fly. It is just "big talk" as usual! Imean, this Kim guy is supposed to be a supernatural being and they have to talk their talk to keep the people "in check."

Wow...just wow. Don't you think there is already enough war and killing of innocents in this world ?

This is precisely the type of chest beating attitude that some of us find quite nauseating. Your post is just "big talk"

And by the way, I guarantee that the Australian people will protest louder and stronger AGAINST supporting your country in any MORE military conflict.

As another poster asked you, can your country afford it
?

res

[edit on 18-4-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

"When a nuclear war will break out due to the war chariot of the 'South Korea-U.S. military alliance' is a matter of time," it said. "The U.S. and South Korean warmongers would be well advised to stop acting rashly, properly understanding who their rival is."

This is complete B.S, they threaten nuclear war right here and again they (NK) will probably get away with it. I say give them their friggin war! it seems to me they want it and are doing everything possible short of invading the south to get it, what's wrong with them?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
it also seems we want war just as bad, we are using almost the same tactics as WWII when we pushed Japan to attack us.

when was the last time a war has been fought on the "US" soil?

it would fit perfectly into the Illuminati's/NWO plan of 1 Starting WWIII and 2 having it be on "US" soil, which could send us all into Martial law

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
North Korea is impotent. As compensation, they make threatening noises to get world attention. Everyone everywhere including China waits patiently for their current lunatic leader to die or be overthrown.

Any overt war attempts on their part means a quick Goodbye North Korea.
They know it. But they just keep heaping it on. What else can they really do?

Mike

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

China has plans to move into North Korea in the event of collapse of government, Beijing will deal with Kim pretty soon. The sabre-rattling is annoying them and China is frustrated by refugees into the People's Republic.

That's pretty much the situation in a nutshell. The Chinese understand patience. North Korea has little to offer them in the way of technology, resources, human resources. It would just be a few million more hungry mouths to feed. As an autonomous virtual province of sort with a Chinese installed puppet government, it might be useful.

I think South Korea would see them as too much of a liability after more than half a century separation.

Mike

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bputman

Woah!!!! I don't mean for us to GO to N Korea. That was just a joke. N Korea dosen't have to capability to attack us! You missed my point.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Well, buddy, you don't know this woman! I am a US Army vet and I can take care of myself. You can bank on that! Kim is a big puff of hot air and we need to call his bluff once and for all and shut him up!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Merriman Weir

Well, buddy, you don't know this woman! I am a US Army vet and I can take care of myself. You can bank on that! Kim is a big puff of hot air and we need to call his bluff once and for all and shut him up!

It doesn't matter; you're a veteran so, with all due respect, your fighting days are over. Despite your veteran status, calling for conflict like this makes you no different than any other 'arm chair general' calling for a war that they know they'll never have to fight in.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

This is complete B.S, they threaten nuclear war right here and again they (NK) will probably get away with it. I say give them their friggin war! it seems to me they want it and are doing everything possible short of invading the south to get it, what's wrong with them?

Mmm... to crush North Korea, you must annihilate their communications and leadership. Do you think the Koreans are poor jerks running around in djellabas, hardly being able to shoot a AK47 , like in Iraq?
You're dead wrong, man, the NK soldiers are so well trained and equipped
that the US will lose a whole division before understanding who the enemy is.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I hate to sound super-duper arrogant American in this, and I'm a libertarian, but A quick, decisive, well fought war with minimal civilian loss might be more humanitarian than we can possibly realize. The tragedies in N. Korea cannot be explained concisely enough.

For instance, did you know that at the border N. Korea posts its best fed soldiers? they can't even properly feed their own army. Not only that, but they have one guard watching another to make sure neither jumps across the border, becoming a refugee.

Defectors routinely flee from N. Korea knowing that their families will probably die in a death camp after their disappearance.

I am in no way in favor of a war, but I do think that the communities of the world need to find some way to break down N. Korea's walls.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

If they want to declare war on the US...........Well come on!!!!! Those poor people don't have anything!! We could swat them like a fly. It is just "big talk" as usual! Imean, this Kim guy is supposed to be a supernatural being and they have to talk their talk to keep the people "in check."

Wow great attitude there pammy you should run for office, you seem to have the same mentality as your leaders. Your economy is in ruins you are fighting two wars but no its probably a good idea to go to war with NK

man im sick of the TEAM AMERICA attitude

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dkman222

Originally posted by antar
What of those bombs Russia tested some time ago that are as bad as a nuclear yet do not render the area uninhabitable afterwards?
[edit on 18-4-2009 by antar]

yeah there called vacuum bombs and there crazy!! all the power of an old school atomic bomb, but with none of the radiation or fall out

They are generally known as Thermobaric weapons and work without carrying an oxidiser and instead use the atmosphere. They are no where near the explosive capability of a nuclear bomb; the FOAB is only equivalent to 44 tons of TNT, or 0.044 kilotons thus can only be compared to be very smallest tactical nuclear weapons despite the FOAB being a multitude of times heavier than a tactical nuke.

This had a bigger explosion in low yeild mode, and could be fired from essentially an RPG; FOAB weighs 7 tons. B-83 by contrast was up to 1200 kilotons of TNT while weighing 1 ton. This 155mm artillary shell was up to 0.072 kilotons. To even the playing field, the R-36 missile has a 20,000 kiloton yeild and weights less than 9 tons. So for about the same weight it is 450,000 times more powerful. So really Nuclear weapons are on a whole nother level as compared to conventional explosives of any size.

As for the person who wanted to invade North Korea.... then what? Who's going to take care of 20 million brainwashed refugees? Who's going to destroy the North Korean army of over 1 million people? How many civilians would be killed? How many minutes would it take for Seoul to be partially obliterated? Who's going to pick up the tab? Why don't we just let the wallow (is that a word?) in their own little land? Because really, they don't want war, we don't wan't war - I doubt our friend kimmi is really THAT insane; probably just wants more aid or something like he always does when he throws tantrums.

[edit on 19/4/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

for the person who wanted to invade North Korea.... then what? Who's going to take care of 20 million brainwashed refugees? Who's going to destroy the North Korean army of over 1 million people? How many civilians would be killed? How many minutes would it take for Seoul to be partially obliterated? Who's going to pick up the tab? Why don't we just let the wallow (is that a word?) in their own little land? Because really, they don't want war, we don't wan't war - I doubt our friend kimmi is really THAT insane; probably just wants more aid or something like he always does when he throws tantrums.

I'll compromise with you here. Not insane, maybe just a little nuts!

And you're probably right. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. So essentially extortion on a grand scale. Walk around with a suicide vest on asking for handouts.

Meanwhile he gets respect asa member in high standing from the international Bad Boy Club. Iran & Co.

China still sitting patiently on the sidelines waiting to pick up the pieces.

Sad for the North Korean people.

Mike

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I sense that with this "Flexing" that they may have backing we are not aware of, maybe Russia or China? Now that would suxx.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
More than likely, China is not giving them much help. NK seems to me to be a security threat to China.

As much as I dislike NK, I truly hope that we do not make the first move on them. I'll accept legitimate defense, but I hope we do not just strike them.

The people of NK have suffered enough.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
North Korea, like Zimbabwe in particular, Somalia, and many African failed states, have overtures made to them by the UN and serious players to get with the programme.

Even in the most downwardly spiraling economies, the leaders and their cronies can skim a few million off direct sales of resources and let their
countries go to H*ll. It's happening.

In a closed system like NK, the vast majority of the population haven't a clue of what's happening on the outside and buy into the regimes stories of persecution from enemies of the State.

South Korea has the most to fear from the North. Their attempts at reconciliation are turned down consistently.

With the world in the shape it's in right now, many countries will be left to rot. Inevitable disease, famine, social unrest. The agriculture, goods, resources will be plundered meantime.

The whole world is watching to see what happens.

Mike

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading

Wow great attitude there pammy you should run for office, you seem to have the same mentality as your leaders. Your economy is in ruins you are fighting two wars but no its probably a good idea to go to war with NK

man im sick of the TEAM AMERICA attitude

The TEAM AMERICA attitude is one big sarcastic joke just like her post. Team America ia a way to make fun of the world because that's what they think we think. Pretty funny actually.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join