It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the girls.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
My oldest daughter is having her 10th birthday party this weekend. Is it that big a thing? Birthdays have never been my forte, so if it is a big thing, any ideas?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Ok...I'm not a girl...but I am the one that normally plans these things so here is my 2 cents

"Birthdays rank as the most important date of the year for many young children. Besides the cake and the presents, it's a day when families communicate that a child is special and loved. "

the below link should help give you some ideas

www.theallineed.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I remember when I was younger, Birthday's definitly held more significance than they do now. I barely even acknowledge my birthday now.
But yes, it is important for kids, especially since it's her 10th birthday, now she's in the double digits!
Cake, presents, and fun with family and friends.
Have you gotten her anything yet?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

nothing is more fun than a pinata

make sure the kids in the line stand far enough away from the one swinging the stick! video tape!!! man this is great hilarious fun!

[Edited on 4/25/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yep, the big one o is a big thing! Happy atmosphere, friends, family, ice cream and jelly and a cool looking cake! (also what's her favourite t.v character? Go to toys R us and you can get table clothes, hats, napkins etc. with them on). And don't forget party bags for the kids! you can get fun-size packs of sweets to put in them, a slice of cake, and some little plastic toys (give them the same toys though! They always row if 'tommy has a better toy then me!'.)

Good luck! Need anymore advice just ask, I've thrown loads of kids parties!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
My boyfriends daughter will be 12 in July. We had a hard time deciding what gifts to give.
New bicycles, rollblades and a guitar were the big gifts. (Not all on one birthday...she's not THAT spoiled :lol

Her mother has a rollskating party for her and her friends back home.
What we've done the last few years is have a picnic/cookout style party for her and my family.
She enjoys it very much plus it brings the family together.
Only down side is if your childs birthday would fall during the winter months. Kind of hard for a cookout in the winter

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks for all the suggestions. The party was a big hit. The cleanup after was worse than the cleanup before. Party theme......DIVAS.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I know my b days my mom wouldn't decorate or anything so me and my bf would go to the dollar store and pick up streamers and other party novelties and throw myself a party.

Some good things to do for 10 yr old is take her out to get party items, maybe she has a theme in mind??

At parties I used to have, one of my friends mom would always make 2 cakes, we'd have dances, go to the park behind my house and play soccer and other ball games.

My dad would bbq hamburgs and hot dogs...

Does this help??

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ooops I didn't see that you already had a party...

my bad... glad to hear it went well... cleaning up is always a bummer, but when she gets older and has beer parties just think of all the money you can get from the left over bottles...

When I has a party about 3 years ago, there were hundres of beer bottles laying around my moms yard, we took em back to the store and got 150 bucks...

new topics

top topics

join