It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden to take photo's in London

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Thats's a firtst!

Have a look at this video and see what might be lying ahead...

Nightmare?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Nightmare.

My first thought was how it's like the Forbidden City in China. No videos or photography without official consent.
There are some seriously wrong things happening in this country, all being conducted under the guise of 'protecting from terrorism'. I call BS on every single reason this sorry government conjours up, they just want to control every aspect of our day-to-day, but not look accountable for it. UK government has been hijacked by neurotic despots. I'm ashamed to live here.

On another note, did your eye get drawn to everything that was red in that video? Red being the colour of choice for the Labour party: ironic name considering they sit around on their fat behinds thinking up new ways to meddle. Or is that the very definition of 'New' Labour, like white is the new black?

Spleen vented, critical levels averted.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have never been to England but from what I have been told; there are surveillance video cameras everywhere. Isn't it ironic that the people can't take pictures while constantly being videoed and photographed themselves.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

It gets more like "1984" everyday. "Ignorance is Strength"

[edit on 18-4-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Poltiical Correctness and Big Brother society has been creeping into British society for the last 10 years or so. There is software out there that will allow deleted photos on a memory card to be restored. So that is not too much of a problem. What is a problem is the way that the Police is handling things at the moment. You only have to look at the G20 situation to see there is somehting fundamentally wrong with the Police in London!! If that does not set alarm bells ringing, i dont know what will !

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I have never been to England but from what I have been told; there are survelence video cameras everywhere. Isn't it ironic that the people can't take pictures while constantly being videoed and photographed themselves.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

It gets more like "1984" everyday.

Pretty much, yeah. And we put up with living here. On average, a person in a British city can expect to be videoed up to 300 times in a day. It's terrible. I feel violated just by walking down the street...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
two wanna be cops, does that mean all those guys on flicker dot com. will have there houses raided and their hard drives confiscated because their hardend ........ train/bus spoters , gimme a buckit im gonna puke, lmao

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Coming soon to a theatre near you, I think the UK may simply be a proving ground for the master plan. The suprising part is their really doesn't seem to be too much uproar at all.

SD

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
if some terriosts wanted to take pictures of bus stops, small spy cameras are available in a lot of stores for a low price. does anyone really think they will be able to prevent terrorism by stopping people from overtly taking pictures??? c'mon, police resources should be used in a more constructive way. this should be called the "LAZY AND STUPID COUNTER-TERRORISM TEAM"

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Plastic Bobbies (Community Support Officers)* don't know their arses from their elbows, they have delusions of grandeur and often over step the very limited power they are premitted to enforce.

These particular PB's are a good example of my above statement to the point that they had to lie and deny that they had told the tourist to delete photos and video of what they deemed senistive subjects although not deemed in an official capacity.

The use of the Anti-terrorist laws are abused on a daily basis by the authorities, we all know it. We are all potential terrorists in the eyes of the government and those that enforce their legislation.

The link below is from part 2 of John Harris' "It's an Illusion" watch the video from the six the minute mark for another example of law enforcement officers over stepping their authority and having to eat humble pie when they realise the error of their ways, note the lack of apology.

I recommend watching the whole of John Harris' It's an Illusion it's a bit of an eye opener.

Edit:
The use of Anti-terrorist laws have little to do with trying to stop another 9/11 or 7/7 and everything to do with controlling the masses.

The behaviour of the TSG (Territorial Support Group) at the G20 demonstrations is another example of over reaction and over stepping by the powers that be.

The officer responsible for slapping and hitting one of the G20 protesters had purposely covered his ID number, for what reason would any police officer have for doing this other than to reduce the possibility of being identified, and for what reason would he not want to be identified other than he new full well that his behaviour would most likely be called into question. This man is nothing more than a thug with a badge he does not respect the law and had he not become a Police Officer he would most likely be behind bars himself.

* Edited "Community Police Officers" to read "Community Support Officers"

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Koka]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is just another win for Osama Bin Laden. As America continues to kill its own (for what?) in afganistan, laws like these equate to a win for the terrorists. Osama has turned the West into fear mongering police states. Freedom lost.

I would rather die in a rare 911 than see our Nations continue to destroy everything they pretend to be fighting for. We are consuming ourselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Let me get this straight: The police are caught on video killing a bystander at the G20 protests and wound others and then they reiterate that taking pictures are illegal?

No kidding.

London is doomed.

God be with you.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Actually I see this as a long-term good thing, but first hear me out then you can flame me with retarded and ill-informed statements.

Right now of course freedoms are flying away like birds in the fall. No photography, more items being considered too dangerous for average folk to own, etc. This will not stop any time soon either in the US or the UK. Give it a few decades and one of two things will occur: the people will either roll over and submit fully to having every aspect of their lives governed by the Government and essentially become extensions of the unit that rules them or they will grow a pair of sufficient size and fortitude to stand up and seriously reshape the way their world is. Unfortunately people on both sides of the pond are still too soft and comfortable for either outcome to take place yet, its going to take a lot more suffering before its time to decide.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Plastic Bobbies (Community Police Officers) don't know their arses from their elbows, they have delusions of grandeur and often over step the very limited power they are premitted to enforce.

I agree. I think people from abroad (not the two Austrian chaps!) are misunderstanding something that's fairly ridiculous to start off with. These CPOs aren't real police and have no real authority as such as you point out.

The stance on photography in public places is one that's getting more and more confused. There is no ban or crackdown on photography in public places, despite several relatively well-known occurrences where people assume this to be the case. Invariably, it's some idiot in a uniform misunderstanding or taking it on themselves to 'personally interpret' laws and guidelines.

EDIT: I heard this story on the news but I'm looking for information that supports that these idiots in uniform were PCSOs and not police. Either way, they're idiots.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wow. To actually think London is outlawing photos of transportation vehicles. And they have a CC camera on every corner. So they will find out.

This makes me remember of how critical we are of china for human rights, I believe china will compare to nothing compared to United Kingdom in a couple years. Just think, Us U.S Americans are going to be protesting for human rights in the united kingdom. Would that not be ironic if the Chinese started protesting for human rights in the united kingdom. Sure photos laws are not human rights, but seriously where does it end? How far will these rules go ? In the future people might start to realize that the CC cameras inside their homes go just a little too far. Think about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
That would mean the end if China of all places started campaigning for human rights here in the UK!

But yeah, it's a pretty sorry state of affairs when the government doesn't care about the terrorism itself, really, but just wants to keep tabs on everyone.
It's why I support the campaign group Liberty here in the UK.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

it's some idiot in a uniform misunderstanding or taking it on themselves to 'personally interpret' laws and guidelines.

Sounds to me like Nazi soldiers personally interpreting 'the Will of the Fuehrer' to justify wholesale slaughter or denouncing fellow Germans in the Third Reich.
A little over the top i know but as it was said, who knows where it'll end?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SD-JH543

The suprising part is their really doesn't seem to be too much uproar at all.

It doesn't surprise me one bit. There never is much of an uproar in Britain when this sort of thing happens, partly due to the general British condition of overwhelming apathy towards it, and partly because the information never really reaches the vast majority, usually because the BBC is the government's biatch.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I don't see what these Community Support Officers were so bothered about when everything is probably on Google Street already.

Seriously...i mean what the hell is going on????

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
if some terriosts wanted to take pictures of bus stops, small spy cameras are available in a lot of stores for a low price. does anyone really think they will be able to prevent terrorism by stopping people from overtly taking pictures??? c'mon, police resources should be used in a more constructive way. this should be called the "LAZY AND STUPID COUNTER-TERRORISM TEAM"

Also they don't need to take pictures of buses, you have bus routes, times, all the info you need on the internet, plus all a terrorist has to do is step on a bus.....it's not like they need some master plan to get onto a bus, it's quite simple in theory haha.

How can taking pictures benefit in ANY way?

[edit on 24-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is already happening in the US, has been going on ever since everyone got all paranoid after 9-11. I enjoy photography and occasionally wander downtown (Minneapolis/St Paul) to photograph architectural scenes. And, every time I do so I constantly get approached by the pigs. ALWAYS! On a number of occasions my daughter was with me too. All that happens is that they ask me what I'm doing (what a stupid question, huh, as if they can't SEE what I'm doing), then they ask to see some ID, and then they briefly explain why they stopped me (I guess it's okay if you are a US citizen and have the ID to prove it and you look like an American) and then let me continue on with what I'm doing. It's damn annoying because they don't communicate the fact between themselves that another swine had just stopped me 15 minutes ago a couple blocks away. So far none of them have stated that I couldn't photograph this or that, but I'm waiting for the day when one does so I can get down and dirty with these crazy paranoid monkeys. Seriously, if someone was out taking pictures for subversive reasons, would they be so dang obvious about their picture taking, or would they most likely use concealed cameras or video equipment?

And, what the heck anyhow, you can see it all via google Earth, so what parts of their brains ain't working logically I wonder. Maybe they just like stopping people for a chance to start an argument or fight.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Divinorumus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join