It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the earth only 6000 years old? Proof from your own bible, it is Not.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

As for how we got here? I took I-44 from St. Louis and got off at the correct exit. Four blocks down, make are right, 1/2 block and into my driveway. Why do you ask?

I love your attention to detail. I specifically mentioned in the question, how did humankind get to earth? Evolution in the sense of Darwin's theory is false.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8I love your attention to detail. I specifically mentioned in the question, how did humankind get to earth? Evolution in the sense of Darwin's theory is false.

You may safely assume I didn't bother answering you question. It's unanswerable.

Evolution is a fact. Scientists have no problem with it, and nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution. Denial of the facts is your right, of course, but if you don't believe in evolution don't get TB. It's evolved past the old treatments and as you don't believe that, you'd get the old meds. And die.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I know things evolve to their environment but my argument is that of Darwin's Theory on evolution in which we all came from one single organism. I believe humans as well as other species were created. The way we've evolved is through our minds and reasoning. We tend to take a back seat on past knowledge and only concentrate on how we can take the role of God by way of science. Science is what caused humans the ability to destroy life on earth through nuclear warfare. Science is the reason for a lot of things wrong in this world. Who cares? This thread is going off topic so I think we need to stop.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

"I know things evolve to their environment but my argument is that of Darwin's Theory on evolution in which we all came from one single organism. "

He didn't say we all came from one single organism. The plants evolved from a different type of living thing. And the invertebrates as well.

"I believe humans as well as other species were created."

Created how, by whom and why?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

By God. Even scientists may have it right with the "big bang" theory because that could have been God creating the heavens and the earth. It's just an opinion and one I'm not here to convince you of. Have a nice day.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

By God. Even scientists may have it right with the "big bang" theory because that could have been God creating the heavens and the earth. It's just an opinion and one I'm not here to convince you of. Have a nice day.

Have fun with the Big Bang, but remember, there's no evidence that "God" had anything to do with it other than personal preference. And that's no evidence at all.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

There's no proof that the "Big Bang" really happened. Like God for athiests, it's just a theory. Sure there's probable evidence that it can and may have happened but there's no proof that it did happen.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

There's no proof that the "Big Bang" really happened. Like God for athiests, it's just a theory. Sure there's probable evidence that it can and may have happened but there's no proof that it did happen.

Okay, then. You win. Some supernatural creature that is beyond time and space decided to create a 14,000,000,000 light years wide bubble so a rock in a ball of stars in a backwater of that bubble could shout hozzanahs to glorify him.

That makes much more sense than a big bang. I have seen the error of my ways and will now proceed to worship ALL the gods who have taken credit for creating the Universe to date. Last time I looked there were over 30, but that's the short list. Is it okay if I worship a different one every day for the rest of my life, just to make sure I won't to go The Underworld?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The big bang. Nothing turned into something. Something turned into something more and so on and so forth. Why is it crazy that something caused nothing to turn into something? That something being God turning nothing into what we have today. What is God? Is He a person? In the bible, He is invisible. Don't mock me because I believe that something known as God created what we know as life! You're better off worshipping no god than all gods because, (at least in my religion) it is worse to worship other gods than to not believe at all. You won't go to the underworld. That's a misconception most christians have of "hell". Hell actually means "death" or "grave" in the greek and hebrew languages.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

This deity takes credit for creating it all by the work of the likeness of His hands, while the other ones either had help or don't make any literal sense. "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth." That's that. The light in light of nothing, from the light of God.

ad2004.com...

These are simple but they portray a relevance to surface text.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

"God" came from nothing. Unless you have a better idea? So I guess we agree than nothing coming from nothing is silly. But is that what you really wanted to point out? That the idea of God is just as silly as the Big Bang when you THINK about it?

And, please, if one must worship a god, why is yours the right one?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

So, God created the Universe from nothing? But, surely nothing can come from nothing? Isn't that the theist stance on the Big Bang?

You guys are ganging up on you. That's not fair. I guess I should start typing with one finger instead of two, just to even the odds.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

What's different from my God than all other gods is the fact that before my God was known worldwide, most humans worshipped more than one god. One for every aspect of life. The god of water, the god of war, the sun god, the goddess of earth, etc. The Hebrew God... the same one that Jews, Christians and Muslims believe in, was and is the only God to be the God of everything and to be against the belief in other gods. You may call b.s. on me but that's where my God is unique and prophecy about my God has and will come to pass, whether you believe it or not.

I am also not digging myself a hole just because I'm comparing God with the Big Bang. I am simply making a point that the idea of God is not crazy just as the Big Bang isn't crazy. I'm saying, that if you believe in the big bang, you can't blast me for believing in God because they both sound just as crazy as the other to skeptics.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The big bang. Nothing turned into something.

Yeah, it kind defies every law of chemistry and physics, eh...

This is exactly why I think metaphysics and religious philosophy still has a place in our world. There are some things that science just can't adequately explain for me.

I think that religion and science should stick to their respective areas of concern. Science can only really speak around what is measurable and perceivable in an empirical sense. Religion, or religious philosophy, may currently be the whipping boy of the modern world (and of people like Gawdzilla), but it deals with completely different concepts than science in today's world (as opposed to, say, the medieval world).

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

How do you know God came from nothing? I sure don't know. I do know that this is a physical universe bound by laws and before this I'm sure laws didn't exist and thus God with His unlimited power sparked the Big Bang. No laws no logic no problem.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

Thanks for coming to my aid. I wasn't downing him other than calling me out for my scientifically unprooven belief in God. I was just pointing out that the "big bang" is still a theory and nothing more. It's an unprooven belief. it's the god of science. The big bang created everything to them.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Nice reply. Indeed, once God began the creation process, big bang or not, time officially started. Before that was nothing. Space without stars, planets and galexies is virtually nothing. No laws. The law of gravity does not exist in space. Everything on earth has a law. A law of gravity, a law of morals, a law of the land. Space in itself has limited laws made possible by gravitational pulls from stars and planets. How do you also explain the never-ending vastness of space? it never ends. Where did it begin? How did it begin? I can't see how some non-existant spark appeared and caused all this beauty around us. Some self-existant Thing had to cause it to happen and I'm putting my faith in an invisible God rather than a theory with no historic proof. People claim to talk to God or see signs from God but you don't see people claiming to have witnessed or dreamed about the big bang.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

How do you know God came from nothing? I sure don't know. I do know that this is a physical universe bound by laws and before this I'm sure laws didn't exist and thus God with His unlimited power sparked the Big Bang. No laws no logic no problem.

So there's always been "something"? Really? And before there was something what was there? Nothing. You're logic has huge gaps. And, of course, that's where god lives, in the gaps.
You want to conjure God out of nothing, but have problems when physicists do the same. Double standard much?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

"People claim to talk to God or see signs from God but you don't see people claiming to have witnessed or dreamed about the big bang. "

Sweet. Proving your premise by your conclusions. Did you actually read what you typed? "Seeing God" is usually an indicator of mental disturbance, either illness or self-induced religious hysteria.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

"People claim to talk to God or see signs from God but you don't see people claiming to have witnessed or dreamed about the big bang. "

Sweet. Proving your premise by your conclusions. Did you actually read what you typed? "Seeing God" is usually an indicator of mental disturbance, either illness or self-induced religious hysteria.

The big bang theory is just nthat theory, science no long is the realm of measurement and experiment, but conjecture, speculation, and frankly ignorance.

look at the history of moronic science.....flat earth, speed of sound, sun orbits earth, black holes, etc, on and on

science is the discovery of Gods actions in the universe. The so called "evidence" of the big bang could just be the after action data of an exploding black hole, something science has just "discovered"......

The evidence of God is everywhere for the "faithful" to see. It is the blind who are ignorant of the innerworkings. Just look at "chaos" theory......when looking for disorganization, everything has a specific organization..........a specific plan for the interaction of all matter, energy, and mass..........only a "designer" could make this happen.......

Again hold old is a "spoon"? Is it the age of material it is made from or the date of manufacture?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join